BYU fan got to chat with Zach Wilson a little bit this week. Here’s what he had to say:

Mogglez

1 minute ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

@Mogglez is always on point with information.

In this case, I hope the rumor isn't true or this is a smokescreen. I'd prefer Garrett Wilson @ 10 tbh and offense throughout the draft.

The only exception is Davante Adams. But I can't even fathom that and I'm not getting my hopes up. 

Yea, I doubt Adams (Or Rodgers for that matter) is leaving Green Bay. He is pivotal enough to the team that they would probably be willing to take cap casualties for him.

There are other good WRs out there, but teams like the Giants proved that sometimes that can be a bad idea (See Golladay).

• Upvote 1

This is some fun information, I'm sure Wilson doesn't know our full plan but it's fun to speculate:

Godwin: ACL

Gallup: ACL

Adams: 100% would go for him but I don't think he leaves Green Bay.

Robinson: down year, Saleh connection, discount? This one seems logical, I prefer Ridley though.

As for the defensive side of the ball in draft, that tells me Edge/Hamilton + Dean. Perhaps Brisker at Safety and McBride at TE in the 2nd, both will be senior bowl guys. I can see a plan here and I don't hate it. There are a lot of ways this can go where I'd be pretty happy.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BurntDice said:

This is cool! I just don’t really believe the part about signing a #1 wr and focusing everything else on D. Not saying it won’t happen, but it sounds like the fans opinion more than anything. I doubt Zach said that. 

i doubt zach knows what they are going to do anyway. 

• Upvote 4

So, Zach Wilson told some stranger Stan BYU fan the Jets entire offseason strategy?  The Jets already know that the "prolific" WR's, wont be tagged or resigned and are committed to the Jets?  He already knows his entire draft strategy, so much so that he knows he'll take an OL but not till late. 

Wow, hard hitting totally believable stuff right here.  Did you invite him to the board?  Seems like a great fit.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Here’s the text of his post on a BYU message board:

“Got to chat with ZW a little bit this week. Figured I’d share a few tidbits:

•    Berrios is his best friend on the team. They’ve become really close.

•    People in Utah recognize him all the time, but he said a lot of the people in NJ still don’t recognize him while he’s out and about. Joked about being a nobody at the Indian restaurants.

These two quotes were most significant to me:

If Berrios is truly his best friend on the team I think this solidifies the Jets resigning Berrios at all costs (within ridiculous reason). Berrios was super reliable, productive and there is chemistry with the QB on and off the field.

If anyone had a doubt that Zach Wilson was arrogant to the level of it being detrimental to the team this quote adds to disparaging it and reinforces his general humbleness/team first personality traits. 

• Upvote 2

This entire conversation could be made up...

Like so many here - I can't imagine he gave away the plan or that he knew the plan or that there is even a plan yet.

If that's not accurate the rest of it can be too...

Everything other than the Indian restaurant can be easily made up and the most likely answer to every question.

"Not a city guy"I think it's unlikely he would have said that too.. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Hex said:

Well there's another reason why the Braxton Berrios type of player (And person!) will be on this team in the future

I'll bet you it's because he reminds Wilson of Dax Milne, his longtime friend and tiny but fast and reliable WR

So his best friend on the team and solid player should not even be on a football roster according to a poster on this forum.
If this info makes it over to that thread, add another 10 pages. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mogglez said:
  • Jets plan to sign a prolific free agent WR1 in the offseason, and use almost all their draft picks for the Defense (with maybe one late pick for OL). He is feeling excited about the chemistry going into next year.

•    Berrios is his best friend on the team. They’ve become really close.

Bullet one would be a complete mistake if JD doesn't mix Offense and Defense in FA, and take some of the good offensive players in this draft as well as the defensive ones. Would love to know which WR1 he's going after in FA, but to not think he should go after a WR and TE in this draft is unthinkable. I get we need defense, but we need to focus on getting this offense together for the next 3-5 years while we have Wilson's rookie contract.

You could tell during the season he had a good friendship with Berrios.

8 hours ago, Dinamite said:

I can see the Jets signing Allen Robinson.  Had a down year for many reasons (eg. COVID), but may come with a bit of a discount because of it.  I don't recall if JD overlapped with him in Chicago, but Saleh did in Jacksonville I think.

Robinson has been terrible for a couple of years now.  No.

20 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Well two things there were nice to read

1) That they will sign a WR1.

2) That they are going to load up on the defensive side in the draft. 

Hopefully it happens. 

Who?  Adams?  OK. Sure.
A Robinson?  Shoot me now.  He sucks.

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Like so many here - I can't imagine he gave away the plan or that he knew the plan or that there is even a plan yet.

If that's not accurate the rest of it can be do...

Everything other than the Indian restaurant can be easily made up and the most likely answer to every question.

I think if I saw that it was someone on here with that info, I'd probably take it more seriously but that's cause there is a history associated with the name here.

The poster that made this claim has been apart of that BYU forum since 2018 and has over 4k posts (4 per day). Certainly not saying this is true but I think that context does add something to all this.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

@Mogglez is always on point with information.

In this case, I hope the rumor isn't true or this is a smokescreen. I'd prefer Garrett Wilson @ 10 tbh and offense throughout the draft.

The only exception is Davante Adams. But I can't even fathom that and I'm not getting my hopes up. 

For the record, this is not my information lol.  I found this on the Jets subreddit and figured I would share here.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, bla bla bla said:

There is a high likelihood that Cooper and Landry become Free Agents too

Now that Gallup is out for a year, I think they keep Cooper.  Not interested one iota in Landry.  He hasn't played too well in several years (although not as bad as Allen Robinson who has been awful for multiple years) doesn't go deep and I'd rather see Elijah Moore own that role on this team. 

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Now that Gallup is out for a year, I think they keep Cooper.  Not interested one iota in Landry.  He hasn't played too well in several years (although not as bad as Allen Robinson who has been awful for multiple years) doesn't go deep and I'd rather see Elijah Moore own that role on this team. 

For the record I do agree its less likely that Cooper walks but unless he has a major restructure the Cowboys may have to cut ties.

Cowboys Cap Space (after rollover): $2m

Cooper savings if cut: $16m

Basically the Cowboys don't have enough cap space to sign their draft class.

6 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

This is some fun information, I'm sure Wilson doesn't know our full plan but it's fun to speculate:

Godwin: ACL

Gallup: ACL

Adams: 100% would go for him but I don't think he leaves Green Bay.

Robinson: down year, Saleh connection, discount? This one seems logical, I prefer Ridley though.

As for the defensive side of the ball in draft, that tells me Edge/Hamilton + Dean. Perhaps Brisker at Safety and McBride at TE in the 2nd, both will be senior bowl guys. I can see a plan here and I don't hate it. There are a lot of ways this can go where I'd be pretty happy.

Plus if we sign one of these big name WRs, we're probably going to get stuck in a longer term contract (e.g. 4 years).  Not sure that's such a good idea considering that most years you can get a very nice WR in the draft (of course, maybe not so much this year now that we're ready to take one - lol).

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Robinson has been terrible for a couple of years now.  No.

He had 102 catches for 1200+ yards a year ago.

He had a bad season this year but the way they were shuffling QB and Fields struggling?  Missing 5 games didnt help.

As with everything comes down to price

8 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

So, the front office already has a draft strategy and they told it to Zach. Seems plausible.

I'm not sure that every player who will declare, has even declared, the coaches are going to the Senior Bowl, I assume they will attend the combine but that sh*t dont matter, they already know who they're taking and when!!!!!!!!!!

Next level sh*t, bro.

JD is a basically a god, when you think about it.

22 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If that's not accurate the rest of it can be too...

it’s a forum.  Rando’s tend to get mocked for insider info.   There is also a chance that poster is known to know Zach.  

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Who?  Adams?  OK. Sure.
A Robinson?  Shoot me now.  He sucks.

I'm hoping we sign Scantling. If he didn't play opposite  Adams, he would be a  WR1 on GB. I would also like them to see if they can sign Christian Kirk. Scantling, Kirk, Moore, and Berrios would be the best 4 WR's we have had in a decade. 

• WTF? 1

17 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I'm not sure that every player who will declare, has even declared, the coaches are going to the Senior Bowl, I assume they will attend the combine but that sh*t dont matter, they already know who they're taking and when!!!!!!!!!!

Next level sh*t, bro.

JD is a basically a god, when you think about it.

If JD wants to target a WR1 he knows that now.   “We want to focus more on defense this draft” isn’t highly specific.