Since the merger

Vader

This team has won a grand total of two (2) division titles and is one of four (4) AFC teams never to have won even one (1) AFC championship.

We have never had our own stadium and have not sniffed the playoffs in over ten (10) years, by far the longest drought of any team in the NFL.

This just blows my mind. It’s Stockholm syndrome. 

Our lovable, cuddable, some next level sh*t Jets. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I don't really get the "woe is me" Jets fan. I get the frustration. I don't get the fans who seemingly enjoy wallowing in misery. There's kind of a self loathing masochistic thing to it I don't get.

I don't think anyone enjoys it.  It's just that as Jets fans, that's all we got.

9 hours ago, Vader said:

This team has won a grand total of two (2) division titles and is one of four (4) AFC teams never to have won even one (1) AFC championship.

We have never had our own stadium and have not sniffed the playoffs in over ten (10) years, by far the longest drought of any team in the NFL.

This just blows my mind. It’s Stockholm syndrome. 

Our lovable, cuddable, some next level sh*t Jets. 

Will this be on the test?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I don't really get the "woe is me" Jets fan. I get the frustration. I don't get the fans who seemingly enjoy wallowing in misery. There's kind of a self loathing masochistic thing to it I don't get.

I don't think people "enjoy" it, I think people have different ways of mitigating being in this kind of spot as a fan.  Different coping mechanisms. 

We're fans of a team that are amongst the worst joke franchises in sports, much less just the NFL. 

We're the worst team in the NFL for a decade now, which is alot longer than you might think.

We're roundly mocked by the media at every possible opportunity.

Most of us, including those age ~50 and younger, have never seen our team in a title game, much less winning a title.

Of course there is some aspect of "masochism" to NY Jets Fandom, there would have to be to keep doing it over and over for literal decades, with no emotional payoff/reward for it.

Most sane logical people would have walked away from this franchise years ago, not continue to invest in it.

But fans aren't sane.  They're loyal to an insane degree, they're "fanatics", and they accept decades of failure more than anyone. 

Look at the Cubs and Red Sox as two examples of long-suffering fanbases worse even than us.  Many of them likely could have been described as "wallowing in misery" too.

22 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I don't either. And I will for the life of me never understand the point of these posts reminding everyone that this franchise stinks. 

Do they do this on other teams fan pages? Can you imagine what the Lions page must be like? 

We know this franchise has issues, but i would rather look forward and hope that this regime is going to change that, because they just might, rather than wallow in the decades of past failures.

• Upvote 2

At least we never lost 4 Super Bowls in a row, with 3 of them being blowouts and the only close game a loss to the in state New York Giants. Then go through a 17 year playoff drought (2000-2016) and when you finally get back to the playoffs you ain't winning the Super Bowl because you're overrated and will never get by the Chiefs during your tiny window. Eventually your quarterback will burn out like Cam Newton and you'll be looking up at the sexy Zach Wilson who is gonna rule the AFC East for 15 years. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's like we get one of these threads every week.

As if it is some sort of breaking news that the Jets haven't won squat since 1969.

Guys....did you know this!!?!?!?!?!?  We share a stadium and haven't been in the playoffs in 10 years!  OH MY GOD....I can't believe that I'm the first to realize this!!!!!

It's like if your wife cheated on you and one of your buddies sends you a text message every week to remind you of it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

At least we never lost 4 Super Bowls in a row, with 3 of them being blowouts and the only close game a loss to the in state New York Giants. Then go through a 17 year playoff drought (2000-2016) and when you finally get back to the playoffs you ain't winning the Super Bowl because you're overrated and will never get by the Chiefs during your tiny window. Eventually your quarterback will burn out like Cam Newton and you'll be looking up at the sexy Zach Wilson who is gonna rule the AFC East for 15 years. 

Americas Got Talent Reaction GIF by Top Talent

• Sympathy 1

I will say that I truly believe that when the Jets finally break through, the following few years will not seem as fun.  The chase of the title is the fun part.  The ups and downs, that’s what makes sports fun.  As a fan of the Dodgers, my whole life they had been pretty good, but never won until 2020.  Last year I probably watched 1/3 of the amount of games I did on average for the previous decade.

My entire extended family is all Cubs fans.  To a person they’ve told me practically the same thing.  That elation for the title lasts maybe a week.  Then it’s not quite the same.

Embrace the chase, it’s what makes it fun, even when it’s not so fun.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I will say that I truly believe that when the Jets finally break through, the following few years will not seem as fun.  The chase of the title is the fun part.  The ups and downs, that’s what makes sports fun.  As a fan of the Dodgers, my whole life they had been pretty good, but never won until 2020.  Last year I probably watched 1/3 of the amount of games I did on average for the previous decade.

My entire extended family is all Cubs fans.  To a person they’ve told me practically the same thing.  That elation for the title lasts maybe a week.  Then it’s not quite the same.

Embrace the chance, it’s what makes it fun, even when it’s not so fun.

Huge Yankees fan growing up, after they won so many titles in the late 90s I kinda lost touch with baseball in general.

Of course, it could be that I just realized baseball is pretty boring to watch.....

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It's not self loathing.  It's recognizing that we are denying ourselves pleasure and embracing the pain to reach Valhalla.

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

Huge Yankees fan growing up, after the won so many titles in the late 90s I kinda lost touch with baseball in general.

Of course, it could be that I just realized baseball is pretty boring to watch.....

I grew up a huge Yankees fan around the same time I lost interest because they just started signing every free agent available and it became ridiculous.  The initial core were all homegrown and are the only team I have seen win a championship that I root for.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, undertow said:

I grew up a huge Yankees fan around the same time I lost interest because they just started signing every free agent available and it became ridiculous.  The initial core were all homegrown and are the only team I have seen win a championship that I root for.

8 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Huge Yankees fan growing up, after the won so many titles in the late 90s I kinda lost touch with baseball in general.

Same for me. 

Started to lose interest in the Yankees in the mid 2000s. 

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

It's like we get one of these threads every week.

As if it is some sort of breaking news that the Jets haven't won squat since 1969.

Guys....did you know this!!?!?!?!?!?  We share a stadium and haven't been in the playoffs in 10 years!  OH MY GOD....I can't believe that I'm the first to realize this!!!!!

It's like if your wife cheated on you and one of your buddies sends you a text message every week to remind you of it.

68 but who's counting.  

Having only 2 division titles in our history is probably the most pathetic of all these numbers. It has been a combination of being a really bad franchise and having terrible luck. Our division has had Shula+Marino, Levy+Kelly, Belichick+Brady, and now McDermott+Allen.

Every other team in our division has had an era in which they completely dominated the AFC East. Apparently, our turn was skipped over, as the Bills are doing it again. I always wonder if we will ever get to know what that is like. 

• Upvote 2