Some guy at Jets Addicts who speaks to Pauline

hmhertz

1. Initial reports on Thibideaux not great. Coming off as a know it all smart ass.
2. Trevon Burks is 235 and out of shape and projected 40 time is in the 4.6s
3. Thinks no way in Linderbaum worth a top 10 or even 15 pick.
4. Says some are projecting Neal to OG
5. Thinks Olave is a bit too thin and will need space to thrive. Bad combo w Moore.
6. Thinks if Stingley didnt have the health issues he'd be easy top 3 on talent
7. Thinks Hamilton is vastly overrated as a DB and will eventually have to bulk up and play OLB. Says Jets would be insane to take him at 4.
8. Thinks Jets will go Ojabo at 4 if they keep the pick...over Karlaftis and any DB.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, hmhertz said:

1. Initial reports on Thibideaux not great. Coming off as a know it all smart ass.
2. Trevon Burks is 235 and out of shape and projected 40 time is in the 4.6s
3. Thinks no way in Linderbaum worth a top 10 or even 15 pick.
4. Says some are projecting Neal to OG
5. Thinks Olave is a bit too thin and will need space to thrive. Bad combo w Moore.
6. Thinks if Stingley didnt have the health issues he'd be easy top 3 on talent
7. Thinks Hamilton is vastly overrated as a DB and will eventually have to bulk up and play OLB. Says Jets would be insane to take him at 4.
8. Thinks Jets will go Ojabo at 4 if they keep the pick...over Karlaftis and any DB.

Wow, pretty much all bad news.  Though maybe if Neal is more of an OG, he'll be less likely to be taken top 3?

Though how 2022 would that pick be?!  Ojabo

12 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Ojabo at 4 scares the hell out of me.

Great athlete and one year of excellent production opposite Hutchinson, but he's undersized for a 4-3 end and needs a lot of development to become a full-time player.

As a fellow Scot, I would be rooting for him - but he does look the real boom or bust type.

Him and Karlaftis are nightmare scenario picks

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Great athlete and one year of excellent production opposite Hutchinson, but he's undersized for a 4-3 end and needs a lot of development to become a full-time player.

As a fellow Scot, I would be rooting for him - but he does look the real boom or bust type.

Hutchinson’s career sack totals was 3.5 prior to this year. This year it jumped to 14.0 when he played opposite of Ojabo. ?

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

It will be very hard to do that in my opinion unless Joe D is willing to discount the draft value chart and take a couple hundred points less than the standard value.

You have to weigh the draft value chart with the talent value that you assess. The 2 have to be connected.  You can't be stubborn and take a guy that you feel may be there later.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

I'd jump at Ojabo in a trade down to the mid teens... but @ 4... no

• Upvote 1

I was really interested in drafting Ojabo for a bit

• is a ridiculous athlete
  • premium position

But then I watched that Georgia v Michigan playoff game and he barely played. Maybe played a third of the defensive snaps from what I saw? He's a pure pass rusher and a liability against the run from what I understand. 

That scares me. 

Granted, he will likely be a better pro than college player as he's still new-ish to the game - and I definitely think he warrants a first round grade - but to pick a player at 4 or even 10 like that? 

Scared 30 Rock GIF by HULU

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

Hutchinson’s career sack totals was 3.5 prior to this year. This year it jumped to 14.0 when he played opposite of Ojabo. ?

Ojabo had what 11 sacks and played like 1 game the year before?  Ojabo getting 11 sacks is as much of a factor of having hutchinson on the other side as the other way around.

Ojabo is a one year wonder.

• Upvote 1