Poor Detroit Lion fans

doitny

Now that the Bengals have left the basement party who besides the Lions is down here with us? I mean like who else is a historically bad franchise that for the past decade hasn’t been good.  

Browns aren’t a total joke anymore, Texans and Jags were good a few years back.

Us and the Lions are literally the worst two franchises in the NFL combining total team history and the past decade.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Now that the Bengals have left the basement party who besides the Lions is down here with us? I mean like who else is a historically bad franchise that for the past decade hasn’t been good.  

Us and the Lions are literally the worst two franchises in the NFL combining total team history and the past decade.  

The Giants are a dumpster fire right now

Jags had a wonder year. They've sucked for the most part

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, David Harris said:

We own this fn basement!

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, doitny said:

crazy fact: in the 12 years Stafford was there they use 5 first rd picks on the OL. some of you need to ask Detroit how a OL of all 1st picks worked out for them

Being the Lions I'm sure they were all lock picks. Also, 5 over twelve years? Not exactly a rush, unless they we're all early on, to build said o-line. I'm not sure investing in the o-line is the Lions' problem.  

26 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Being the Lions I'm sure they were all lock picks. Also, 5 over twelve years? Not exactly a rush, unless they we're all early on, to build said o-line. I'm not sure investing in the o-line is the Lions' problem.  

5 in the last 10 years, 3 out of the last 6. thats alot to use on the OL.

they have 3 still on their team with the other 2 played today. well Riley Reiff is on Cincys IR. Laken Tomlinson played for SF. and both of these guys have been starters their whole careers. no reason they still shouldn't be on the team.

they drafted no WRs and 2 TEs in those years. now they did have Calvin Johnson until 2015 but imagine if they could have added another really good WR.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, doitny said:

they just watched their QB for 10 years leave and go to the SB with another team. how sh*tty must they feel now. 

crazy fact: in the 12 years Stafford was there they use 5 first rd picks on the OL. some of you need to ask Detroit how a OL of all 1st picks worked out for them

Stafford was 74-90-1 and went to the playoffs 3 times out of 12 years and lost all 3 games. its a crime how they built that team around him.

Stafford might be the best QB to never make his team a constant Playoff team. usually when teams draft a QB like Stafford there in the playoffs 9 times out of 12 and not the other way around.

I was honestly thinking about that last night. As bad as it’s been for us at least we know we haven’t found our franchise QB so we aren’t a contender. The Lions fans can be sure that their front office has officially 100% let them down, wow. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 hours ago, ZachEY said:

Lions fans apparently are genuinely happy for Stafford and rooting hard for him.

I imagine they should be because honestly he was good enough for them to be contenders. Yet, this is the sane franchise that  wasted Sanders and Megaton’s careers as well. Least with the Jets we never draft good enough players to be responsible for wasting HOF type careers. So we got that going fo…. Nope not even finishing it, the sadness has overwhelmed me. You got anything open late afternoon? Haha 

• Haha 1

Deshaun can help u answer this.

8 hours ago, David Harris said:

I am not at all impressed  with Browns rebuild. They spent a ton of first over all picks on good players, spent big in FA, and still are not playing with the big boys. I'm not sure what a worse situation  is, ours or theirs. 

• Upvote 2

It also has a lot to do with how the franchise is perceived by the nfl and the media. The breaks always go to the “popular” and respected teams.  Detroit was the first team to volunteer to play on thanksgiving because no one else would. It is no secret how the refs favor certain teams and players, taking 22 years to give a certain player a penalty. 

When this season started, and the Rams were playing on Sunday night football, Collinsworth was going on, and on, and on, about how good a QB Stafford was. He was marveling about how good he is and how he, Chris Collinsworth, went all these years without knowing it. He just never paid any attention because, well, he played for Detroit.  clear indication of the media bias towards teams/players but unbelievable that CC admitted it, out loud. This is a fireable offense to me 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

That is 1st rounders.  That is a bunch of 1st round picks.  That is 40% of the picks on 20% of the positions.  I'm not sure it was the Lions problem, but that is a pretty heavy investment.

8 hours ago, doitny said:

5 in the last 10 years, 3 out of the last 6. thats alot to use on the OL.

they have 3 still on their team with the other 2 played today. well Riley Reiff is on Cincys IR. Laken Tomlinson played for SF. and both of these guys have been starters their whole careers. no reason they still shouldn't be on the team.

they drafted no WRs and 2 TEs in those years. now they did have Calvin Johnson until 2015 but imagine if they could have added another really good WR.

I don't think receivers were their problem either.  They had Golden Tate, drafted Golladay, added Marvin Jones.  They have been pretty solid there.  It seems like, unlike the Jets, they developed the QB while still failing the franchise.

• Upvote 3