### The Official Day Two Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

We can go Best Player Available with each remaining pick.

Even if we double up on CB, WR, or Edge, it would be worth it to take the top player available/

For example, I'd love Boye Mafe in the 2nd round even though we have Lawson and Johnson.  I'd also take Booth the CB from Clemson in the 2nd round and be very happy.   

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Would love to see a RB.

But like many are saying - I expect the pick to be S or LB though.  There should be really good value for both and certainly needed.

Same I wouldn’t mind hall at 38, but it seems like spiller may be the one who falls. If he can be had a round later then sign me up for that too or even a round 4 guy. I don’t really care, but a solid rb is definitely a must 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

If he’s available, I think he’s going to be the pick. He’s a guy they coached (and loved) at the Senior Bowl, fits the kind of profile they’re looking for in terms of style and upside, and can slide right into Fatukasi’s role. 

I would be surprised to see LB, even with Dean still there. RB is a very interesting debate, but more likely I think that happens on Day 3.

I have not done nearly as much digging this year as I have in the past, but here’s my shot at a Day 2-3 Jets mock draft… 

TRADE: 2(38) to BAL for 2(45) and 4(119) 
TRADE: 4(111) to CAR for 6(199) and 2023 4th

2(45) DT Travis Jones
3(101) OL Luke Goedeke 
4(117) TE Jeremy Ruckert 
4(119) S Alontae Taylor 
5(146) RB Pierre Strong 
6(199) OL Matt Waletzko

Would be very happy with T Jones.

But since you mentioned RB... do they like Walker? Medically cleared him (saw rumblings that some teams had questions)?

I'm not saying RB is 'great value', but this situation reminds me a bit of a Nick Chubb/Dalvin Cook situation at the top of round 2. 

• Upvote 1

Sadly, I don't see any way we are going to get the two players I want most now, Chenal at LB and Hall at RB.  Just not enough firepower to trade up again into the 2nd where Hall is likely to go.

With that said, something akin to this might be my hope for today and tomorrow:

image.thumb.png.87b261eb78a9898be41f2435b1e048f5.png

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

We can go Best Player Available with each remaining pick.

Even if we double up on CB, WR, or Edge, it would be worth it to take the top player available/

For example, I'd love Boye Mafe in the 2nd round even though we have Lawson and Johnson.  I'd also take Booth the CB from Clemson in the 2nd round and be very happy.   

I don't think strict BAP is necessary.  We still have enough needs, and those needs will like up pretty well with BAP, that we can still draft for need and be close to or semi-BAP.  For example, if the BAP is a CB, but the thirds guy is just a hair behind and is a RB, I'm taking the RB.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, football guy said:

If he’s available, I think he’s going to be the pick. He’s a guy they coached (and loved) at the Senior Bowl, fits the kind of profile they’re looking for in terms of style and upside, and can slide right into Fatukasi’s role. 

I would be surprised to see LB, even with Dean still there. RB is a very interesting debate, but more likely I think that happens on Day 3.

I have not done nearly as much digging this year as I have in the past, but here’s my shot at a Day 2-3 Jets mock draft… 

TRADE: 2(38) to BAL for 2(45) and 4(119) 
TRADE: 4(111) to CAR for 6(199) and 2023 4th

2(45) DT Travis Jones
3(101) OL Luke Goedeke 
4(117) TE Jeremy Ruckert 
4(119) S Alontae Taylor 
5(146) RB Pierre Strong 
6(199) OL Matt Waletzko

This would be awesome. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Great, just tripped going up the stairs and spilled my coffee everywhere -- on the carpet, down the stairs, over the edge and down the walls onto the hardwood floors. Had to clean that sh*t up, and now my oatmeal is cold.

Thank you, Joe Douglas. Thank you.

You're drunk!

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

So, what, when you don't get picked in the first round you're not supposed to throw a tantrum and leave the draft??!

Wild!

Willis seems like such a good guy.  Really grounded, with a good personality. I hope he lands in a good spot, and I will be rooting for him.

Unless the Pats or Phish pick him.  Then, he's dead to me.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, CTJetsFan said:

Barring a trade down, I think ILB and DT are the sweet spot for38. We can probably land a good RB @ 101 if so inclined.

Yeah, i just don’t see rb at 38 and i don’t think they have any 6th or 7th round picks so at some point they’re going to trade back.

• Upvote 1