### The Official Day Two Draft Day Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

5 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

dont get me wrong I want a LB too (Chenal) but if they take him he will rarely see the field except for ST unless injury or beat out williams

Oh ya totally, it's a next year pick. But hey, even if they roll with someone like Muma at 38, learning from Mosely for a year wouldn't be the worst thing to happen.

5 minutes ago, ElBarrioJets said:

Oh ya totally, it's a next year pick. But hey, even if they roll with someone like Muma at 38, learning from Mosely for a year wouldn't be the worst thing to happen.

tats why i like Chenal so much because with his speed and tackling he would make immed impact this year on ST IMO

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

and next year there will be another draft, another FA period....

in this draft we need some immed starters

btw you could say the same about LT, C, and S

You could maybe say that about safety. Maybe. However, If you think Quincy Williams is any where near the caliber of starter Fant or McGovern is I guess we have a very large difference of opinions on him.  You aren’t going to draft a Tackle or Center today who is easily better than Fant or McGovern.  You could draft several LBs who would be upgrades and likely significant upgrades over Williams.

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

You could maybe say that about safety. Maybe. However, If you think Quincy Williams is any where near the caliber of starter Fant or McGovern is I guess we have a very large difference of opinions on him.  You aren’t going to draft a Tackle or Center today who is easily better than Fant or McGovern.  You could draft several LBs who would be upgrades and likely significant upgrades over Williams.

It’s hard to see them not taking a lb tonight.  Maybe a developmental OL prospect too.  Unless they really trade back and get another day 2 pick i don’t see them going rb until tomorrow.

• Upvote 2

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

1. coaching staff luv williams so will be hard pressed for rookie to beat him out (let alone 2 safety converts) so will be ST

2.  Dont blame the run game on LBs .IMO you sh/be blaming Saleh's wide-9 / zone system. or the lack of coaching needed to play it

• Thumb Down 1

You’d think there will be lots of trades today. It looks like teams are going away from selecting best available player drafting for needs plus specific individuals. People they feel can best play in their system. Should be a lot of fun today and tomorrow.

26 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I think we can take a luxury pick at 38.

Assuming Zach hits, the Jets still need starting FS, starting LB, starting DT, depth at OL, and a RB/TE one of which should be an impact player. If the Jets feel Hall is a difference maker, take him. We can take care of the OL depth and TE with the rest of the picks.

Next year we can finish the team by getting our MLB and FS and fixing whatever else breaks this year.

We need to compete this year. But next year is the start of championship window and we should have a complete team by then. 

This, except I think we need a better FS this year.  

QB-we own Flacco and White, and this is set.

RB-need a RB1 and other they MC they are replaceable.

WR-WR5 can replace Corey Davis next year-maybe a Skyy Moore?

TE-Wesco and Kenny are replaceable.

OL-three backups can be upgraded.  McGovern and Fant are FAs in 2023.  

DL-I would rather have Travis Jones 4 years cheap than Quinnen.  And Rankins can be cut for cap savings.  DE is less of a priority now.

LB-we own Mosley this year, but the other LBs can be upgraded, and it would be nice to pick up Mosley’s replacement this year.

S-other than Whitehead these guys are upgradeable.

CB-no more.  We will cut good ones this year.  

At 38 we theoretically could draft RB1 or FS1 or draft future starting OL in 2023.  

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

1. coaching staff luv williams so will be hard pressed for rookie to beat him out (let alone 2 safety converts) so will be ST

2.  Dont blame the run game on LBs .IMO you sh/be blaming Saleh's wide-9 / zone system. or the lack of coaching needed to play it

I think you are greatly overselling what Quincy Williams is and brings to the table.  You are also making assumptions that I’m blaming the run defense on him or LBs in general, which I didn’t remotely say.  They are certainly part of the issue though.

The 1 and only reason I would like to upgrade Quincy Williams at LB is because he’s not that good.   It’s not more complicated than that.  If you disagree that’s fine. But please don’t Make an argument against a point I didn’t make.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I think you are greatly overselling what Quincy Williams is and brings to the table.  You are also making assumptions that I’m blaming the run defense on him or LBs in general, which I didn’t remotely say.  They are certainly part of the issue though.

The 1 and only reason I would like to upgrade Quincy Williams at LB is because he’s not that good.   It’s not more complicated than that.  If you disagree that’s fine. Make an argument against a point I didn’t make.

All those screens that went for huge chunks were 100% on the lbs. 

Williams is solid against the run, but a complete mess in pass coverage. He has the athletic profile to improve in that area, but he was definitely a C- last year 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

All those screens that went for huge chunks were 100% on the lbs. 

Williams is solid against the run, but a complete mess in pass coverage. He has the athletic profile to improve in that area, but he was definitely a C- last year 

i was talking about run support  - they sucked at all aspects of the game - lets be real - but I was specifically talking about run support and how adding a lb will not likely improve the run defense. Since this team runs predominantly nickel and dime and the whole philosophy of this bend dont break concept in his wide 9 zone.

8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

This may be a 10 win team if coached well and a few breaks.  I like it so far.

There is so much youth though.  We are going to be the youngest team in the league and start more rookies then any other team in the league.

I am not saying you are wrong but I just feel its going to take some games for these kids to figure out how to close out and win nfl football games.  None of them have ever done it before.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We have a 220lbs rb that runs a 4.4 and is a Jonathan Taylor clone staring us in the face.

This is the most talented player available right now.  Breece Hall would transform this offense from Day 1.

Its a no brainer.  Give me Breece or give me death!

Agreed.

Thank you Joe Willy. Thank you!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, varjet said:

This, except I think we need a better FS this year.  

QB-we own Flacco and White, and this is set.

RB-need a RB1 and other they MC they are replaceable.

WR-WR5 can replace Corey Davis next year-maybe a Skyy Moore?

TE-Wesco and Kenny are replaceable.

OL-three backups can be upgraded.  McGovern and Fant are FAs in 2023.  

DL-I would rather have Travis Jones 4 years cheap than Quinnen.  And Rankins can be cut for cap savings.  DE is less of a priority now.

LB-we own Mosley this year, but the other LBs can be upgraded, and it would be nice to pick up Mosley’s replacement this year.

S-other than Whitehead these guys are upgradeable.

CB-no more.  We will cut good ones this year.  

At 38 we theoretically could draft RB1 or FS1 or draft future starting OL in 2023.  

I dont think he would be be the WR that is replaced. He is a lock at WR3 right now. great depth. aMAZING REALLY. 

3 hours ago, BurntDice said:

Exactly. We already have YAC guys in Moore, and Wilson. Davis is the possession guy. Mims can be a possession guy is he gets his sh*t together but he also has speed to beat guys over the top. 

Wilson is not a yac guy at least he wasn't really used that way at OSU. Christian Watson brings size and is a YAC monster used in many ways like Elijah Moore was being used last year by Lafleur

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

I dont think he would be be the WR that is replaced. He is a lock at WR3 right now. great depth. aMAZING REALLY. 

Corey Davis is WR1 this year.  That is what he was brought here to do for 2 years and he will get to finish that out unless he gets hurt of course.  He is the vet that will teach these young bucks the ropes.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

The 1 and only reason I would like to upgrade Quincy Williams at LB is because he’s not that good.   It’s not more complicated than that.  If you disagree that’s fine. But please don’t Make an argument against a point I didn’t make.

im not overselling anyone - I have posted that I want them to draft Chenal...dont get your little panties in bunch.

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Corey Davis is WR1 this year.  That is what he was brought here to do for 2 years and he will get to finish that out unless he gets hurt of course.  He is the vet that will teach these young bucks the ropes.

WR1? i think Moore replaced him last year, maybe I am wrong. But I could see Moore take that "role" I mean WR1 is weird anyway , guys move around so much. Wilson could be WR1 some games this year too, by the end of the season. BUT i am all for and hoping for injury free year from Corey.

• Upvote 2

Just now, BornJetsFan1983 said:

WR1? i think Moore replaced him last year, maybe I am wrong. But I could see Moore take that "role" I mean WR1 is weird anyway , guys move around so much. Wilson could be WR1 some games this year too, by the end of the season. BUT i am all for and hoping for injury free year from Corey.

Cory sh/be in slot closer to LOS so he can help block with his size....the little guys stay wide keep CB occupied.  sooo whatever you want to call that - if he fixes his dropsies issues he sh see the highest snap counts per game.

58 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We have a 220lbs rb that runs a 4.4 and is a Jonathan Taylor clone staring us in the face.

This is the most talented player available right now.  Breece Hall would transform this offense from Day 1.

Its a no brainer.  Give me Breece or give me death!

My only concern about Hall is he had a lot of college carries in his career so there is some tread off his tires already.

A big back like Robinson (Alabama) who may not be as athletic but has less wear and tear could be had in round 3 or 4.