Training Camp Tweets - (Previous Days Merged)

10 minutes ago, PorP said:

Yup... too true. 

I wanna see ZW play Friday but I think I'd rather not if Fant isn't running with the 1's in Philly. 

No good reason to risk ZW with a rush - struggling line in the preseason

I disagree. Zach needs the reps. If they don't have any OTs they are confident enough in to put on the field with Zach, that's an indictment on JD and something they need to rectify NOW. They can't hide Zach in the regular season.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

He actually looked pretty good in the preseason games. Quick and decisive with the ball. Pretty much the exact opposite of what he looked like in the first half of regular season, lol. And it was why I always thought his accuracy issues were mental and could be fixed. He's not a naturally inaccurate QB.

Honestly, if those accuracy issues are fixed I think we have our QB.  The game was clearly too fast for him last year and offense too complicated. 

It seems to be slowing down and continue to improve week in and week out.  He's not going to be a superstar this year - just still pretty far behind and will have to take some lumps when the bullets are flying, but we'll know we have our guy by the end of this season.  Progression is what we want to see.

If and only if he can fix the accuracy issues - if when things start to get rough and he throws an INT or two does he fall back into the shell and start short arming the ball and putting it in the dirt.  

That is really what we won't know until things go bad - and they will, at some point, go bad.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I disagree. Zach needs the reps. If they don't have any OTs they are confident enough in to put on the field with Zach, that's an indictment on JD and something they need to rectify NOW. They can't hide Zach in the regular season.

Sure, but don't compound one mistake with another.  

Seriously, what is one drive going to do for him?  If there's a real concern with the OL not being able to protect him then there's no reason to play one series.  

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Seriously, what is one drive going to do for him?  If there's a real concern with the OL not being able to protect him then there's no reason to play one series.  

and more imporatantly:  I believe the eagles are one of those teams that never play their starters.  I know we typically play them in the final week when no one does, but since the change to three week PS, it seems most teams don't.  I actually turned on the jags-raiders PS game last week to see how Trevor looked.  he didn't even suit up!

my point is:  IF you are going to risk putting Wilson out there, do NOT do it against backups trying to make a name for themselves.  As much as I wanna see Zach play, I'd rather see him play 17 times this year than 1 series this Friday night.

**EDIT**:  just read online that Philly plan to play their starters one or two series as well.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

"Max Mitchell is further along than expected."

Translation: "We mistakenly hung our hats on a broken Becton, Chuma Edoga sucks, and if Max isn't ready, we are screwed."

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

aka - Saleh saw Edoga take live snaps and immediately accelerated the developmental process of Mitchell.

I kid. Maybe. @T0mShane

Angry Comedy Bang Bang GIF

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Eh, if this was his rookie year, I'd maybe agree, but Zach should be able to do well enough to get rid of the ball and protect himself. They can even gameplan around it to protect him by going run heavy and designed rollouts.

With as little live action as they get in preseason, every snap counts.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Sure on JD and rectifying now. Idk if 2 days is enough time....

Also sure on reps.... I think all of us agree...

I just don't want to lose ZW for the season in preseason because the oline is holier than my great aunt every sunday. 

And also note... I don't need both sides fixed,  just 1, either 1.

Just now, slimjasi said:

Ickey isn't exactly lighting it up in camp so far - there is talk that he might be a longterm guard (which there also was before the draft) 

Happy with Sauce, from everything we have heard. 

I wasn't aware of Ickey's camp. Thank for the insight. Have you heard how Neal or Cross are looking?

Can't say enough good things about sauce. So excited for his career. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

I wasn't aware of Ickey's camp. Thank for the insight. Have you heard how Neal or Cross are looking?

Can't say enough good things about sauce. So excited for his career. 

No idea about Neal or Cross.

Yes - Sauce gives you those star vibes. 

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Maxman said:

We survived Chad Pennington's shoulder. It would be tough but don't sell us short lol. I mean it was so bad back then that Chad's sister created an account so she could yell at people via private messaging.

Is that a true story?

If so, that is awesome.

• Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Not sure I’d agree with that.  Max was the “last resort” but, when called upon, has seemed to impress and improve every day, particularly in pass protection.

If he pans out, that’s humongous.

I, obviously, haven't seen him in action, and am just assuming. It'd be great if he truly is ready, but most of what I've read is that Max is a project and will need at least a year in an NFL gym.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Lith said:

You’d also have to believe that Brown’s (and Fant’s) reps know that the Jets are as desperate as it gets, and Douglas doesn’t want to negotiate from his position of extreme weakness. This is Saleh simply putting a happy face on the scenario where they lose out on Brown

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Ickey isn't exactly lighting it up in camp so far - there is talk that he might be a longterm guard (which there also was before the draft) 

Happy with Sauce, from everything we have heard. 

This needs to be pinned somewhere on the board.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I, obviously, haven't seen him in action, and am just assuming. It'd be great if he truly is ready, but most of what I've read is that Max is a project and will need at least a year in an NFL gym.

I dont think you need a year in gym....thats old school thinking :)