Jets release unofficial depth chart

Just now, T0mShane said:

Who the **** is Marcell Harris? 

The starting LOLB, obviously.

One a team that doesn't play a LOLB, mostly.

Maybe that is why no one knows who he is.  He is a starter at a position we don't ever field. 

A "Ghost Starter" if you will.  Lol.

It's Kwan Alexanders backup come opening day, presumably.

5 minutes ago, GandWFan said:

A few surprises.  CJ over Conk. Tevin over Breece.  And who is Marcell Harris.  Never heard of him.

And another one to this post.....

CB being hall/suace.. that's new to me in depth charts... lol

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Who the **** is Marcell Harris? 

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The starting LOLB, obviously.

One a team that doesn't play a LOLB, mostly.

Maybe that is why no one knows who he is.  He is a starter at a position we don't ever field. 

A "Ghost Starter" if you will.  Lol.

It's Kwan Alexanders backup come opening day, presumably.

Heathens!  He was a 6th round draft pick of the Niners in 2018 that has played more than 1/3 of the snaps for them every season.  He also played more than 50% of their ST snaps.   He is the reason I think they weren't worried about Kwon Alexander taking or leaving their offer.  Another tweener he is often listed at S, out of Florida maybe   @JiFapono has some thoughts?  He probably did when Harris signed, but I can't remember.

6 minutes ago, NewGuyJet said:

Interesting that Wesco is shown as the 3rd TE.  We'll see ...

Who should be ahead of him?  Ruckert has been off the non-football injury list for less than a week.  I'm srue that he will leapfrog Wesco pretty quickly.  As for the others, I think they are typical guys that get overrated in camp, but then that is what Wesco was a few years ago.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Heathens!  He was a 6th round draft pick of the Niners in 2018 that has played more than 1/3 of the snaps for them every season.  He also played more than 50% of their ST snaps.   He is the reason I think they weren't worried about Kwon Alexander taking or leaving their offer.  Another tweener he is often listed at S, out of Florida maybe   @JiFapono has some thoughts?  He probably did when Harris signed, but I can't remember.

Who should be ahead of him?  Ruckert has been off the non-football injury list for less than a week.  I'm srue that he will leapfrog Wesco pretty quickly.  As for the others, I think they are typical guys that get overrated in camp, but then that is what Wesco was a few years ago.

You nailed it, total tweener.  He played mostly S at Florida, he was Maye's counterpart on a really good D.  I think they were #5 in the country that year.  He did have a hybrid role though, moved up and played a lot in the box alongside Jarrod Davis on passing downs.  Rangy dude, could cover down field and play the run stout.  Led the team in tackles.   That said, he didnt like standout or anything because that D was loaded, they put 12 players in the NFL from that team. Havent followed him at all in the NFL though.

• Upvote 2

NFL teams have to release a depth chart before their first pre-season game by rule, so this is why this is out there.

It basically tells us nothing - it's mainly based on seniority at this point (e.g. returning starters over new signings, vets over rookies, etc, etc).

Can't read much into this at all.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

This doesn't mean much for actual depth but it feels good to see a depth chart that doesn't deflate excitement about the upcoming season. Many good players fighting for starting positions which means we'll have some depth and not have productivity fall off a cliff when a mediocre starter gets replaced with a terrible backup. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

Is that braxton unofficially penciled in at starting slot? 

@Warfish

Officially Unofficial, but yes.  For today.

I'll just repeat myself, if Wilson is sitting on the bench this season for Braxton Berrios, I will be hugely surprised. Because Berrios and Wilson are not in the same class as receiver talents.

That, or the "Being Zach Wilson's Wingbro" carries more weight on this team than it should...  

Sitting Wilson would be even more mind boggling to me than sitting Mims to get Smith or Cole more snaps at WR last year.

• Upvote 1