Jump to content

<<<<<<< Jets vs Eagles -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>


Maxman
 Share

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’d laugh at the quips any other night.  Tonight has genuinely been the most dejected I’ve ever been as a fan.  At least since I’ve started watching football.  The entire season is, genuinely, meaningless.

Not sure if this will lift your spirits but being this is the jets it might be this year or next and rest assured they will do something to eclipse the negativity of tonight.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

As much as I still like White, I have no interest in tanking this season.

If it’s not Jimmy G that gets added to the QB room, it needs to be someone legitimate.  

Sam Darnold could be available - lol.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Mogglez said:

If you got it, you wouldn’t be saying stop.

I will not be rooting for Jets wins with Mike White or Joe Flacco under center.  Period.

I’m not saying “stop” because I think you are wrong per se, I’m saying “stop” because I don’t believe you. 

if old man Joe has a “vintage” moment and shocks his old team week 1, you’ll be right there with smiling with all of us. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And I want all the lakes, rivers and oceans of the world to instantaneously turn to chocolate, but we can’t all get everything we want, can we?

You'd destroy the entire ecosystem of Earth, you monster.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I’m not saying “stop” because I think you are wrong per se, I’m saying “stop” because I don’t believe you. 

if old man Joe has a “vintage” moment and shocks his old team week 1, you’ll be right there with smiling with all of us. 

Bold of you to assume I’m watching week 1.

Spoiler alert: I’m not.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Good point. Trade Joe Flacco to Buffalo and wait three years to see if he gets good.

Well those who hated Josh Allen I do remember but Joe Flacco can run this offense better than you’re boy Mike white. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

I’d laugh at the quips any other night.  Tonight has genuinely been the most dejected I’ve ever been as a fan.  At least since I’ve started watching football.  The entire season is, genuinely, meaningless.

I’ll cheer you up. Joe Douglas confidante Daniel Jeremiah was on The Athletic podcast talking Jets today. Jeremiah was effusive in his praise of the rookie class, but cautioned that the Jets wouldn’t be competitive until 2023. Mays asked Jeremiah if he thought the Jets coaches *believed* in Zach Wilson or if they were simply hoping and wishing for Zach to be good. Jeremiah answered that it was hopes and wishes because Zach showed them so little last year. The subtext was that the Jets will be competitive in 2023 because they wouldn’t be obligated to play Zach Wilson any more

  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So last Sunday I legit finally got around to watching American Underdog on Hulu..  That may be a sign fellas.  

This team will rally around Joe Flacco and play good football.  Believe it.

Borrow my confidence if need be.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pathetic. This defense is limp. 
 

Saleh KNOWS he’s out of a job by October with Robert back calling the shots. The look of bleak unpreparedness is blatant on his face. 
 

Woody chops heads and Saleh is about to feel the sword 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I’ll cheer you up. Joe Douglas confidante Daniel Jeremiah was on The Athletic podcast talking Jets today. Jeremiah was effusive in his praise of the rookie class, but cautioned that the Jets wouldn’t be competitive until 2023. Mays asked Jeremiah if he thought the Jets coaches *believed* in Zach Wilson or if they were simply hoping and wishing for Zach to be good. Jeremiah answered that it was hopes and wishes because Zach showed them so little last year. The subtext was that the Jets will be competitive in 2023 because they wouldn’t be obligated to play Zach Wilson any more

You made me read a ton of shlt…..  the bold is all you needed.   

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’ll cheer you up. Joe Douglas confidante Daniel Jeremiah was on The Athletic podcast talking Jets today. Jeremiah was effusive in his praise of the rookie class, but cautioned that the Jets wouldn’t be competitive until 2023. Mays asked Jeremiah if he thought the Jets coaches *believed* in Zach Wilson or if they were simply hoping and wishing for Zach to be good. Jeremiah answered that it was hopes and wishes because Zach showed them so little last year. The subtext was that the Jets will be competitive in 2023 because they wouldn’t be obligated to play Zach Wilson any more

I'm not exactly cheered up!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

He ain’t all wrong…..

He’s dead wrong.  What did he throw, a handful of passes?  Yeah on was dead horrible.  Didn’t need a pile of cliches

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Or makes an apology/clarification thread that no one asked for or wants.

I've got proudly posts a picture of his fine grilled meal that's 1 mini-hot dog and something that resembles egg salad made with a shoe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Pathetic. This defense is limp. 
 

Saleh KNOWS he’s out of a job by October with Robert back calling the shots. The look of bleak unpreparedness is blatant on his face. 
 

Woody chops heads and Saleh is about to feel the sword 

Woody would pass on Don Shula, Vince Lombardi and the like as HE is the constant here. MORON is WOODY!!!!!

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

Pathetic. This defense is limp. 
 

Saleh KNOWS he’s out of a job by October with Robert back calling the shots. The look of bleak unpreparedness is blatant on his face. 
 

Woody chops heads and Saleh is about to feel the sword 

The most disturbing thing about tonight was our defense.  All these draft picks and it looks just as putrid as last year

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Well, so glad I got that Streaming service and VPN all set up to see this debacle

Being a Jets fan is like having to watch the end of Ol Yeller on constant repeat.

Being a Jets fan is wishing we could BE Old Yeller.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...