Report: Panthers Interested in Dealing for Jets’ Mims

1 hour ago, varjet said:

I was just thinking this in another context:

• If you are the Jets, you want “good value” to get rid of Mims, even though he is the NFL equivalent of garbage. you ask teams to give you good value.  They look at JD like he is crazy.
  • Carolina would like Mims and needs a receiver for Baker, but they have already been fleeced by the Jets and JD/Jets and also signed Robby from them, another dubious decision.  I note that Rhule, the tool that he is, also knew Robby from Temple. 
  • If the Jets release Mims, the PANTHERS WILL GET HIM.   No one else is claiming him before the Panthers.  
  • So if there is a stalemate-JD says, he ain’t trading or releasing unless good comp, and Rhule saying that he thinks JD will release Robby and does not want to pay/overpay.  If the Jets have to cut Charles, Black, Jackson or Cager to keep Mims OUT OF SPITE, Rhule wins.  Rhule can claim him.   The only reason Rhule pays anything is because he is afraid another team will trade for Mims.  And give what?  A 6th?
  • So if the Panthers really want Mims, give JD a 6 and 7 to make him look ok, and lets all move on. Otherwise cut him.  DO NOT KEEP HIM ON THIS TEAM.  Mims is hopeless on this team.  He will never be even ok.  Mims was a massive scouting failure.  He never wanted to be on the Jets-you saw it when he was drafted.  Just move on. 

jets are not the only team that will be cutting good WRs.  Miami will be as well.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Alka said:

We definitely do agree on this. I'm good at negotiating because I love to negotiate.  And I love a challenge.  I never get stressed by it.  Only the stress that I put upon myself.

And I'm honest enough to tell you that I don't win every negotiation that I'm involved in.  Sometimes I lack leverage due to circumstances beyond my control, and if I must still make a deal, must accept the best that I'm able to do.  But when I lack leverage, it usually means that others have failed at their jobs, and put me in a bad position by not setting proper expectations in the beginning.

What’s your job?  The back and forth is fascinating. 

demanded, lol. like the dude has ANY leverage whatsoever. keep him and play him. he is worth more if he possibly plays ok then for the 7th round pick we would get for him. f* him and his demands.....lol
Explore trade possibilities ... a 4th comes in ... done deal .. otherwise hold him and play him when needed.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, batman10023 said:

What’s your job?  The back and forth is fascinating. 

I work for a restoration firm that performs emergency services after fire, flood, etc.  My company currently asks me to collect money on jobs where we have not been able to collect in over a year.  This is not a part of my job, but since I'm extremely good at it, they ask me to help them with this.  I have also successfully negotiated 6 figure losses where the project manager runs into a brick wall with the insurance company, and I come in and take over the negotiations, always with successful results.

Outside of work, I have negotiated for family and friends over 20 new car purchases, something that I seem to have an affinity for.  I recently sold my daughters house without a realtor, saving my daughter over $35K in realty fees.  About 2 years ago, my assistant asked me to intervene with Aetna Insurance company, where she had a procedure performed over a year earlier, and they told her that she owed them $7,000.00. After a year of arguing back and forth, the insurance company sent her a final notice, saying that she owes them this money, and this was their final notice.  She asked me to help, and through my interaction with Aetna, got them to agree 7 days after I got involved that she now owed $0.00 on the $7,000.00 bill.  Case closed.  I could go on and on with examples of my involvement.

I enjoy negotiating, and I enjoy helping my friends and family.  I have taken seminars in negotiating, and have learned a lot from people who are top negotiators in their industry.  I do not consider myself in that group, simply because negotiating has never been my main function, and the more you do it, the better you are at it.

• Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, Alka said:

I work for a restoration firm that performs emergency services after fire, flood, etc.  My company currently asks me to collect money on jobs where we have not been able to collect in over a year.  This is not a part of my job, but since I'm extremely good at it, they ask me to help them with this.  I have also successfully negotiated 6 figure losses where the project manager runs into a brick wall with the insurance company, and I come in and take over the negotiations, always with successful results.

Outside of work, I have negotiated for family and friends over 20 new car purchases, something that I seem to have an affinity for.  I recently sold my daughters house without a realtor, saving my daughter over $35K in realty fees.  About 2 years ago, my assistant asked me to intervene with Aetna Insurance company, where she had a procedure performed over a year earlier, and they told her that she owed them $7,000.00. After a year of arguing back and forth, the insurance company sent her a final notice, saying that she owes them this money, and this was their final notice.  She asked me to help, and through my interaction with Aetna, got them to agree 7 days after I got involved that she now owed $0.00 on the $7,000.00 bill.  Case closed.  I could go on and on with examples of my involvement.

I enjoy negotiating, and I enjoy helping my friends and family.  I have taken seminars in negotiating, and have learned a lot from people who are top negotiators in their industry.  I do not consider myself in that group, simply because negotiating has never been my main function, and the more you do it, the better you are at it.

Lol are you the guy that came to my house after a facebook marketplace ad, offered me half, and left with your tail between your legs after my response was “its no longer for sale have a nice day”

man you really wanted that thing too

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

Lol are you the guy that came to my house after a facebook marketplace ad, offered me half, and left with your tail between your legs after my response was “its no longer for sale have a nice day”

man you really wanted that thing too

????????????  You are mistaken, my friend.  Why would you equate me to some low life hack??? 

17 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

A 4th? Lol. There's no one stupid enough to give up a 4th rd pick for mims

On one hand, yes. On the other hand, I didn’t think the Jets would get what they got for Herndon, Adams, Darnold, Cashman, McLendon, Jordan Willis…

9 minutes ago, derp said:

On one hand, yes. On the other hand, I didn’t think the Jets would get what they got for Herndon, Adams, Darnold, Cashman, McLendon, Jordan Willis…

I am not optimistic on this one.  The team that likely wants him most knows they can get him on waivers.  

19 minutes ago, varjet said:

I am not optimistic on this one.  The team that likely wants him most knows they can get him on waivers.  

I don’t think the Jets need to trade him. Precedent of teams ignoring these requests has been set around the league - Deebo, Kareem Hunt.

I think Mims makes the team if they can’t get anything and they’ll trade him if they can get something they want. Four of the six guys I listed had value around or below Mims. Dexter McDougle was another in a player for player trade.

2 hours ago, neckdemon said:

A 4th? Lol. There's no one stupid enough to give up a 4th rd pick for mims

There is NOBODY stupid enough to give up a 2nd round pick for Sam Darnold.

There is NOBODY stupid enough to give up a 4th round pick for Chris Herndon.

And yet......

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, section314 said:

He will be on the 53 tomorrow at 4PM. Not giving him away for free. Then we'll see if there is any real interest.

And if not, keep him.  Corey Davis playing a full season is dubious at best.  Maybe Mims will get his wish.  Our next big bodied receiver after CD.

• Upvote 1