So… how pumped are you for Sunday’s season opener?

Green Ghost

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

I'm pumped cause I love this team but I can't help but think we made two huge mistakes

1. Joe Flacco over Mike White - Curious to see what happens if Flacco has a crappy first half.

2. Greg Zuerlein over Piniero 

I would not doubt for a second if one or both of these guys cost us this game.

17 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I'm pumped cause I love this team but I can't help but think we made two huge mistakes

1. Joe Flacco over Mike White Chris Streveler - Curious to see what happens if Flacco has a crappy first half.

2. Greg Zuerlein over Piniero 

I would not doubt for a second if one or both of these guys cost us this game.

Close.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

Football in general and fantasy will be great as always.

Jets?  Eh...  Our high draft picks for the two most important positions (QB n LT) seem like busts.  

The fact that you need to qualify the valuation of the sport of football with Fantasy (or worse draft kings/vegas) is illuminating the fact that the NFL has a real problem.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

Very - QB is disappointing but the team overall is vastly improved. They should compete until the end with the vast majority of the teams on the schedule and end somewhere around 7-8 wins. That's a massive jump over what we've experienced lately and I'm looking forward to it

• Upvote 1

EXCITEMENT LEVEL :  6 / 10

KEYS TO WINNING THIS SUNDAY - BOOK IT

1. Contain Lamar : Keep him under 100yds rushing
  2. Must not start flat. We have never seen a team this flat. This is an indictment on Robert Saleh and no one else.
  3. Flacco must throw for 300yds plus and at least 2TDs.
  4. Carter / Hall must combine for 150yds total offense and 1 TD.
  5. Greg the Leg cant miss kicks.
  6. The DLine must combine for at least 3 sacks.
  7. Clock Mgmt must be on point.
  8. D must create at least 2 turnovers.

Did I miss anything  ????

mic-drop-breaking-bad-interview-bhgwqo2a

11 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

The fact that you need to qualify the valuation of the sport of football with Fantasy (or worse draft kings/vegas) is illuminating the fact that the NFL has a real problem.

I don't know about that.

If it wasn't for fantasy, I'd likely be less excited about this season than any previous season.  Mainly because of the endless failures, busts and losing of this organization.  Probably still wouldn't miss a Jet game, but watching would be more of a chore.

With fantasy and the Red Zone channel, I'm psyched for Sundays.  Gives a reason to watch all games, load up on food n beer, and basically make a day/night of NFL.

No matter how I feel about the team, the coaches, the front office going into every season I am pumped for opening day.

There is something that is familial and American about it, childhood experiences going to games with my dad and the times I take my sons.

Opening Day is bigger than just the Jets or the game in a sense.

Then reality hits pretty swiftly early on. We rarely are that much different of a team by season's end from how we started minus a few outliers since forever (the good and bad seasons this applies to). 

So how we look by the end of Week 1 typically is indicative of what I'll be looking at the rest of the way.

Low expectations but still full of hope. Going to enjoy the J-E-T-S chant before first kickoff and take it from there.

Cheers!

7 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

EXCITEMENT LEVEL :  6 / 10

KEYS TO WINNING THIS SUNDAY - BOOK IT

1. Contain Lamar : Keep him under 100yds rushing
  2. Must not start flat. We have never seen a team this flat. This is an indictment on Robert Saleh and no one else.
  3. Flacco must throw for 300yds plus and at least 2TDs.
  4. Carter / Hall must combine for 150yds total offense and 1 TD.
  5. Greg the Leg cant miss kicks.
  6. The DLine must combine for at least 3 sacks.
  7. Clock Mgmt must be on point.
  8. D must create at least 2 turnovers.

Did I miss anything  ????

mic-drop-breaking-bad-interview-bhgwqo2a

Michael Clemons

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I can hardly contain my excitement.

I’m totally confident in our Bobby Saleh, the rest of our coaching staff, Joe Flacco and whoever else decides to suit up on Sunday.

You must have clicked the wrong link.  Here's the link to the Panthers fan site:

https://www.catscratchreader.com/

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

No matter how I feel about the team, the coaches, the front office going into every season I am pumped for opening day.

There is something that is familial and American about it, childhood experiences going to games with my dad and the times I take my sons.

Opening Day is bigger than just the Jets or the game in a sense.

Then reality hits pretty swiftly early on. We rarely are that much different of a team by season's end from how we started minus a few outliers since forever (the good and bad seasons this applies to). 

So how we look by the end of Week 1 typically is indicative of what I'll be looking at the rest of the way.

Low expectations but still full of hope. Going to enjoy the J-E-T-S chant before first kickoff and take it from there.

Cheers!

EXCELLENT POST : 

I agree with the nostalgia aspect , smell of autumn in the air, going to games as a kid etc.  But it is really sad that those memories are what is driving this sport still.  Todays game has been stripped to the bone, fantasy has led to less team driven excitement ... its a meloncholy feeling these days .. even for the most ardent of us. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

EXCELLENT POST : 

I agree with the nostalgia aspect , smell of autumn in the air, going to games as a kid etc.  But it is really sad that those memories are what is driving this sport still.  Todays game has been stripped to the bone, fantasy has led to less team driven excitement ... its a meloncholy feeling these days .. even for the most ardent of us. 

Agreed.  The NFL is a shell of its former self.  I hate what it's become (an Arena League style game).  

I still watch but a lot less.  Sometimes I only watch the Jet game and then I'm done with football for the week.  Then again, we haven't been good in over a decade.  If we actually start winning, possibly my interest in the league in general will increase.  Though I'm sure I'll still think that the sport has gone way downhill.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

I don't know about that.

If it wasn't for fantasy, I'd likely be less excited about this season than any previous season.  Mainly because of the endless failures, busts and losing of this organization.  Probably still wouldn't miss a Jet game, but watching would be more of a chore.

With fantasy and the Red Zone channel, I'm psyched for Sundays.  Gives a reason to watch all games, load up on food n beer, and basically make a day/night of NFL.

I think you are making my point ... the excitement you are getting is a more personal excitement/immediate gratification thing concerning your Fantasy Team's success rather than the success/struggle of the team you follow.  It is a far more granular and less communal experience these days. Nothing wrong with it ..just not my preference at all.

5 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I think you are making my point ... the excitement you are getting is a more personal excitement/immediate gratification thing concerning your Fantasy Team's success rather than the success/struggle of the team you follow.  It is a far more granular and less communal experience these days. Nothing wrong with it ..just not my preference at all.

I can see your point.  And I'd agree.

Just wayyyyyyy too much incompetence from the Jets over the last decade.  Luckily for the NFL, most teams (likely all) aren't as incompetent.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

You must have clicked the wrong link.  Here's the link to the Panthers fan site:

https://www.catscratchreader.com/

Us Panther fans prefer Panthers Huddle.

For the record, I clearly stated that living out of market, I’m done spending any time or money to WATCH Jet games this year, and I’ll only follow them on this site.

I’ve watched maybe 5 Carolina games in the 12 years I’ve been in SC, but now my favorite player is the QB of the Panthers now, and their games are televised every week where I live, so I caught a break this year.

• Haha 1

I think moderately. We don't know how good the defense will be this year, it'd be cool if they surprise, and there's some young skill position talent on the offense I'm pretty excited about. I have tempered expectations for this year anyway and those were the things I was excited to see anyway, we've just taken away the quarterback lottery ticket component. My range of potential emotions on Sunday is much narrower than it would be if Wilson is playing - which might be a good thing.

Best case for this year is obviously that the team is good and Wilson is a franchise QB. Wilson being a franchise QB trumps the team being good. If Wilson isn't the guy but the rest of the team is really good...this team is like, Indianapolis for the last few years or Denver before this year? Which isn't bad. If Sunday's game is good we could have flashes of that potentially being the floor for this season, which would be nice. 

3 hours ago, oatmeal said:

All of the second year not named Zach Wilson are healthy, willing and able 

and

we have a 37 year old tomb starting at QB.

How excited am I you ask?

I rather be sliced on my entire body with 1 million paper cutts and thrown into a bath full of rubbing alcohol before I watch this crap

For the last time, please stop being so "grey area" with your feelings. Have an opinion .?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

I'll let you know when we learn more about the status of our tackles.

If they play, I'll be excited that we have an underdog shot at winning.

If they don't play, the only thing I would be excited about is the second mortgage I take out to bet on the Jets being the lowest scoring team of week 1.

• Upvote 1

I'm both nervous and excited.  Nervous because I'm afraid that this team will continue to lose until they learn how to win.  Excited because we have many upgrades at positions that I hope will translate into wins.

i want to believe in this team, but I need to see it first before I can believe.

I'm still pumped for opening day, but the Wilson preseason injury (along with yesterday's news) definitely has tempered my excitement. I also have my reservations about the head coach. 

Of course, football is my favorite sport and the Jets are my favorite team, so I can't wait for opening day, regardless. 

34 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Us Panther fans prefer Panthers Huddle.

For the record, I clearly stated that living out of market, I’m done spending any time or money to WATCH Jet games this year, and I’ll only follow them on this site.

I’ve watched maybe 5 Carolina games in the 12 years I’ve been in SC, but now my favorite player is the QB of the Panthers now, and their games are televised every week where I live, so I caught a break this year.

HOLY sh*t ... your favorite player is The Douche ?? Nothing wrong with that ... just sayin'

Edited by Dunnie