Jets have setup Zach to fail

ganggreen305

26 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Did you guys see what happened to Sterling Shepard?

You could put the best OL in the world out there and turn it into flag football.

Zach Wilson’s joints and ligaments

vs

MetLife turf

Over the next 3 to 4+ seasons, who wins?  Gun to my head, I know where my money would be.

Lamar Jackson — who has never had a serious leg injury — is not a FQB because he runs a ton and is going to get “RGIII’d” but BYU’s an iron man.

#JetFanThings

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

At this point in Zach's career, yeah, it's absolutely making excuses. And it's no surprise that the excuse grinding has already begun before Zach takes a snap.  He needs to deal with a defective oline like every good NFL QB has to. Why do we Jets fans act like this problem is unique to the Jets?  It's not and other QBs fare well.  This is on Zach.  No excuses.  

You’re reading what you want to read if you think my claim that under pressure QBs don’t play as well as they do in a clean pocket is me making excuses.  It’s a given, not just for Zach or even the Jets.  It’s why the Jets and others will sell their souls for a pass rush.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

QBs have a major part to play in how many hits they take.  Getting the ball out quickly is one.  I've also been told Zach Wilson has elite "escapability", so that's another.  

It's why Sacks are considered a QB stat.  The good ones tend to take fewer.  

So Mahomes, Brady etc weren’t good ones in their SB losses.  It was poor QB play, not the OL.  Not injuries to KCs OL.  LOL, everyone blamed their OLs, credited the opposition, no one blamed Mahomes or Brady until today.  
Guess you’re preempting a defense in case someone uses it to explain away a bad ZW performance.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mahomes still won an AFC Title with his sh*t OL.  

Kind of explains his drop off in the SB where he actually was harassed and hit.  Which wasn’t an issue in the AFCCG.

Thanks for agreeing instead of carrying on to the claim that pressure on the QB doesn’t lead to a dropoff in QB play.  That’s comical.  

• Upvote 1

I get what you are saying, but this O-line was fine until every starting Tackle got hurt and all the back-ups...and the back ups to the back-ups.

There is enough talent here that if Zach is good enough, we would win.

If we can't score 20 points a game with this offense, then either Lafleur, Wilson, or both have to go.

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Did you guys see what happened to Sterling Shepard?

You could put the best OL in the world out there and turn it into flag football.

Zach Wilson’s joints and ligaments

vs

MetLife turf

Over the next 3 to 4+ seasons, who wins?  Gun to my head, I know where my money would be.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You’re reading what you want to read if you think my claim that under pressure QBs don’t play as well as they do in a clean pocket is me making excuses.  It’s a given, not just for Zach or even the Jets.  It’s why the Jets and others will sell their souls for a pass rush.

So what?  Under pressure NFL QB's play like they play.  If you're arguing that they are less efficient under pressure than when they aren't that's not news.  We aren't playing the SB champions every Sunday.  We and the rest of the NFL play regular season games against 17 teams.

Last year 27 starting NFL QB's had completion percentages over 60.  19 over 65%.  Last year 25 QB's had QB ratings above 85.  19 above 90, 8 above 100.   Last year Joe Borrow lead the league in sacks 51 times.  He also lead the league in completion percentage at just over 70%.   More impressively he led the league in adjusted yards per attempt at 8.9.

No NFL QB is facing the 85 Bears every game.  In fact this week in Pittsburgh were facing a team whose best defensive player is out.   They aren't the steel curtain defense.  they are a rather pedestrian NFL defense at the moment.  The Jets have more than enough fire power on O and offensive lineman and TE to counter them along with most of the teams on our schedule.  

Given that Zach WIlson will have to play QB against some great, some very good, some pedestrian and some awful NFL defenses like every other NFL QB if he's good he should have comparable numbers at the end of the day.  

• Upvote 2

If the Jets force Zach back before week 7, it's a big mistake. He can't succeed before the eclipse of Scorpio! Only then will he have the astral power to process his fears and deal with this chaos. If he plays before then, it will be the stars' fault if he fails.

October Horoscope for Leo

October 25 delivers the second eclipse in Scorpio of the year. Consider the bulk of the summer a break between contractions, all leading up to this final push. Let’s go! Halloween season calls you to bring your fears to life so that you can face and process them. Go in all the way with the intention of releasing what’s been bound up within, whether on the therapist’s couch or at the costume rave. Your life is about to speed up exponentially. Now’s the time to drop the dead weight.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, ganggreen305 said:

I am pulling for Zach big time.  I like the kid.  He has real talent, but every time he is in there, something is going on with the Jets.  Do you guys really think he will prosper behind this makeshift piece of crap offensive line?  Really?  Then he comes back this week and gets killed and looks bad and what have we accomplished.  I am a huge fan of Joe D, but he has botched this O line big time.  Are we going to really find out what we have in Zach this year?  Not until we have a legit O Line and the kid isn't running for his life.  So frustrating man.  Get if fixed Joe D! 

setting him up to fail implies that the Jets FO is doing it intentionally - the OL is a sh*t show and not in order to make Zach look bad. Top picks in the draft go to crappy teams - they just have to deal with it. Hopefully, Brown will come back and the OL will be passable again.

4 hours ago, Biggs said:

So what?  Under pressure NFL QB's play like they play.  If you're arguing that they are less efficient under pressure than when they aren't that's not news.  We aren't playing the SB champions every Sunday.  We and the rest of the NFL play regular season games against 17 teams.

Last year 27 starting NFL QB's had completion percentages over 60.  19 over 65%.  Last year 25 QB's had QB ratings above 85.  19 above 90, 8 above 100.   Last year Joe Borrow lead the league in sacks 51 times.  He also lead the league in completion percentage at just over 70%.   More impressively he led the league in adjusted yards per attempt at 8.9.

No NFL QB is facing the 85 Bears every game.  In fact this week in Pittsburgh were facing a team whose best defensive player is out.   They aren't the steel curtain defense.  they are a rather pedestrian NFL defense at the moment.  The Jets have more than enough fire power on O and offensive lineman and TE to counter them along with most of the teams on our schedule.  

Given that Zach WIlson will have to play QB against some great, some very good, some pedestrian and some awful NFL defenses like every other NFL QB if he's good he should have comparable numbers at the end of the day.  

Apparently it is news because every time I’ve posted the idea that a QB becomes less efficient under duress at least one person has argued the point.  

I’ve made no other point but that so I’m getting what comp % has to with it, Burrow or anything else for that matter.  This wasn’t a defense of Wilson thing. 

12 hours ago, ganggreen305 said:

I am pulling for Zach big time.  I like the kid.  He has real talent, but every time he is in there, something is going on with the Jets.  Do you guys really think he will prosper behind this makeshift piece of crap offensive line?  Really?  Then he comes back this week and gets killed and looks bad and what have we accomplished.  I am a huge fan of Joe D, but he has botched this O line big time.  Are we going to really find out what we have in Zach this year?  Not until we have a legit O Line and the kid isn't running for his life.  So frustrating man.  Get if fixed Joe D! 

Garrett Wilson,  elijah moore,  breece hall,  Michael Carter, Corey Davis,  Conklin and Berrios. 

It's year 2.. He has an abundance of weapons.. Good QBs by year 2 would find a way to put up points with this talent despite a couple of issues on the oline.

5 hours ago, doitny said:

Flacco struggles under immense pressure due to a bad OL

Zach Fans: Flacco sucks. Zach would be better.

Zach struggles under immense pressure due to a bad OL

Zach Fans: its not his fault. how can any QB do anything under these conditions.

Flacco loses games cause of drop passes, fumbles and stupid penalties.. 

Zach Fans... Flacco sucks its all his fault. 

same happens to Zach

Zach Fans: its not Zachs fault. its everybody else's.

Flacco gets stripped sacked

ZF: Flacco sucks . why didnt his clock tell him to move

same thing happens to Zach.

ZF: its the LT fault. 

im taking receipts. 

"I'm taking receipts"

THIS QUOTE WILL BE A LAUGHING POINT WHEN we point back to the SALEH era

• Haha 2

I do feel like it would be foolish to run Zach out there if McDermott is the OLT. Zach holds the ball and he’s skittish to begin with. The whole operation would be a mess. Just give him the extra week and pray Duane Brown feels like playing in Week Five. In the meantime, Saleh should really let Mike White play against the Steelers. White plays up in the pocket, has no fear of getting hit and, when he’s on, gets the ball out super quick. 

• Upvote 2

Nope don’t want to hear the cop outs from the Zach cheerleaders. As long as he’s healthy we’re gonna find out once and for all if we have a Franchise QB in him. I’m not dragging this experiment into the future because of excuses....he has talent at the skill positions. He should be comfortable with the system. He’s mobile enough to make the defense pay if they overpursue.....it’s time to ball out….or on to the next QB.....

• Upvote 1