Jets have setup Zach to fail

ganggreen305

I am pulling for Zach big time.  I like the kid.  He has real talent, but every time he is in there, something is going on with the Jets.  Do you guys really think he will prosper behind this makeshift piece of crap offensive line?  Really?  Then he comes back this week and gets killed and looks bad and what have we accomplished.  I am a huge fan of Joe D, but he has botched this O line big time.  Are we going to really find out what we have in Zach this year?  Not until we have a legit O Line and the kid isn't running for his life.  So frustrating man.  Get if fixed Joe D! 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 6
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

Pff in June said 

TIER 3: HIGH-END POTENTIAL 

13. NEW YORK JETS

Projected Starting Lineup

LT: Mekhi Becton

LG: Laken Tomlinson

C: Connor McGovern

RG: Alijah Vera-Tucker

RT: George Fant

There’s so much talent along this front five, but it’s tough to bump the unit up into the next tier with so many unproven players. The success of this offensive line will hinge on the left tackle position and, as such, the right tackle position, as well. After a knee injury ended Mekhi Becton’s 2021 season just one week into the campaign, George Fant looked admirable in his stead. That led to Fant having a career year at left tackle, recording a 75.1 pass-blocking grade and looking far better than he ever did on the right side. 

Losing 2 LTs is tough. Maybe you could argue Fant should have stayed on the right side but let’s not get carried away here. 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

I am pulling for Zach big time.  I like the kid.  He has real talent, but every time he is in there, something is going on with the Jets.  Do you guys really think he will prosper behind this makeshift piece of crap offensive line?  Really?  Then he comes back this week and gets killed and looks bad and what have we accomplished.  I am a huge fan of Joe D, but he has botched this O line big time.  Are we going to really find out what we have in Zach this year?  Not until we have a legit O Line and the kid isn't running for his life.  So frustrating man.  Get if fixed Joe D! 

Ridiculous. The Jets have provided him with talented skill position players.  To me the jury is still out on Zach but a good QB can make the line look better. Also yesterday Salah said Brown will return to practice  next week when he is off IR. Hopefully he can return for the Dolphin game and stablize the LT position. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, ganggreen305 said:

He is not set up to fail.

Investments in all positions on the Offense (other than QB):

• Receiver picked at 10th overall
  • Running back taken in the 2nd round
  • Two new FA TEs added, each TE having more receiving yards than the entire Jets TE corps last year
  • Two additional Pro bowl caliber OL added (Brown and Tomlinson)
  • Rookie OL added through the draft (who appears to be a possible long term starter)

The GM has done his job. He's fielded a talented offense...

Then the coaching staff then put in a 37 year old washed up QB for 3 games because "he gives us the best chance to win", even though he was graded amongst the worst in the league (feels like Adam Gase all over again with Frank Gore) and has not won a game in 3 years.

And the QB played like a QB who hasn't won a game in 3 years, other than on magical moment at the end of game 2.

I would have loved to have seen White in there at one point, or even Streveler, just because.

However, back to Zack. If he comes in and fails with this group, then he will simply not succeed. The situation at LT is unfortunate, but there are ways the coaching staff should help support (keeping an RB or TE to help block, more short passes, a couple screens to slow the D down, etc).

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Pittsburg is going to blitz the ever loving hell out of him on Sunday. 

Zack either makes them pay or crumbles like the rookie he was last year.

This will be a good test to see if he actually is the prince that was promised.

I very much doubt he is, but he can prove us all wrong and vindicate the fanboys. 

• Upvote 4

Give Douglas credit. He saw Sam, was set up to fail, and made the moves he needed to make, so it wouldn't happen with his guy. No excuses  if Wilson fails, it's because he sucks.I have to say, though, that Corey Davis is approaching drive killer status. Which sucks, because he's our big target guy, that every QB wants. Maybe we should see what Denzel can do out there. If only to send a message to Davis to get his sh.. together or else. Similar to my feelings about activating Huff, and giving him the bulk of snaps over Lawson

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Pittsburg is going to blitz the ever loving hell out of him on Sunday. 

Zack either makes them pay or crumbles like the rookie he was last year.

This will be a good test to see if he actually is the prince that was promised.

I very much doubt he is, but he can prove us all wrong and vindicate the fanboys. 

Its not like Pittsburgh wasn't going to blitz the hell out of Flacco if he played , what makes this so different . 

• Upvote 1

On 9/27/2022 at 10:27 AM, nj meadowlands said:

OMG HERE COME THE ZACK APOLOGISTS WITH THE EXCUSES LOL CANT MAKE IT UP

But you just did make it up.  No one is making excuses.

The OL was an issue for Flacco and will be an issue for ZW or whoever lines up under center

• Thumb Down 2

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Nope. Zach has a great opportunity to grow with a very good (and young) WR group and two very talented (and young) backs to put up some good numbers and points.He'll have to survive until Brown or Fant get back, but every team has injuries. No excuses. 

^ This.  Good QBs can deal with OL struggles and still be productive. Ppl here are starting in with the Zach excuses before he even takes a snap.  If he's any good, he'll play through the OL struggles.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

It’s not excuses but it is a fact,  QBs being hit and harassed don’t perform as well as with protection.  Brady struggled  in games he was harassed and Mahomes did in the SB when his protection broke down.  
Its why we scream for our DL to sack and harass a QB.  
it’s not an excuse, you can still play or win even

• Upvote 1