Jeff Ulbrich: Quinnen is “gasping for air”

Rhg1084

5 minutes ago, BP said:

These idiots don’t think before they talk. They can’t be brutally honest because they have no ******* clue wtf is going on.

and the HC and his buddy the DC aren’t even on the same page. God they look and sound like morons. Which brings me to moron number one, woody. What questions did him and Christopher ask saleh?

1)”what’s your opinion of fireman Ed”?

2) “do you like band aids”?

3)”isn’t my little bro Christopher really really smart?”

I forgot

”what do you think of our uniforms?”

^^^that answer must have gotten him the job

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Q is loved by his teammates if this coach doesn't walk his statement back he should be fired IMO.....

But but but….. this is how we did things in San Francisco when our defense lost the super bowl after posing in the end zone

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

This guy Ulbrich is a clown. Saleh should be calling his own defense get this guy outta here 

What’s funny is, you’re 100% not seeing the “special, athletic stuff” if he’s on the sideline. Even tired, being in the field gives you at least a probability of him being impactful.

This is grade-A dumb sh*t.

39 minutes ago, Alka said:

Joe Klecko was relentless, as was said by multiple Hall of Fame offensive linemen who described Klecko.  Marty Lyons was a serious, no nonsense guy, who I don't remember ever taking plays off.  Gastineau was maybe the best pass rusher in history, but certainly the best in our Jets history.  And Abdul Salaam rounded out the Sack Exchange as a tough SOB who held his own.  Getting like 67 sacks one season, no one was complaining that any one of them was on the sidelines gasping for air, because they needed to be in better condition, or that they were being worked too hard.

If it did happen, I was never aware of it, and I watched every single game back then.

I hear you but there wasn’t social media back then nor YouTube press conferences that allowed for any fans being able to see what was happening. It was a very closed shop and even then you knew Lyons and Klecko were not fans of Gastineau.

with all this fan reaction is it any wonder why the likes of Belichick give the fans and the press monotone one word answers

2 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Nothing like a poorly worded illustration by one of our dolt coaches to unleash the dramatists and conspiracy theorists on this board.

No conspiracy.  Just the bold.  Dolt coaches doing dolt things, and seemingly doing them all the time.  That’s the whole issue. 

31 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

In truth, this is one of the most disrespectful things I have ever heard said by a coach when that COACH is overseeing one of the worst defenses in the NFL with all this talent on it!

Threw him under the bus.  The finger pointing is starting.  A sign this 2022 version of the Jets is done already, and it’s not even October.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Trotter said:

It is.

I don’t think it is an exaggeration to say ukbricht has lost the defensive room.

those guys are simply not going to want to give effort for him

Between this and all the confusion in the secondary, a lot hangs on how the d performs in pittsburgh. And we thought the story was Wilson’s return.  Could be ulbright’s exit.  

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Threw him under the bus.  The finger pointing is starting.  A sign this 2022 version of the Jets is done already, and it’s not even October.

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and maybe say that this is all being a bit melodramatic. If you edit what he says in isolation  and that’s all he said yes I agree it comes off awkward and perceptually bad.

HOWEVER,  he did spend time lauding Williams’ all out effort and athleticism for sometime  before he made that comment. In context it my makes sense  that he could be gassed because he gives all out every play and that’s according to his coach. 

we all know that DL who play 90-100% of the snaps do not and cannot play at 100% efficiency or effort. They take many plays off to recuperate in order to play 100% ‘when it counts’.

I get the rotation concept. Rested players so they are playing close to 100% capacity

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Trotter said:

It is.

I don’t think it is an exaggeration to say ukbricht has lost the defensive room.

those guys are simply not going to want to give effort for him

That’s the worst thing you can say about Any football player.  Either he’s “not in shape” which obviously correlates with “he doesn’t care” or “he gave not enough Effort to be in shape”.  Then that dovetails with “letting ALL your teammates down”….because you’re not in shape and that puts THEM at risk because they play next to you…….One of the STUPIDEST things I’ve ever heard a coach say out loud to the world at the highest level.

• Upvote 1