<<<<<<< Jets vs Steelers -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That 4th quarter by Zach rewrites the narrative for him for the game.  Now we can say "rust" and "OL" and "drops" for the crappy 1st 3 quarters.

Now the narrative is "toughness", "no quit" and "great 4th quarter".

The narritive is your poor, youre kids are hungry and tou reject fee steaks

Just now, Maynard13 said:

thats because he runs backwards 20 yards. He gotta stop doing that.   @T0mShane will continue to have a field day with that at rightfully so.

I think this is one of those cases where both things are true 

I think he’s secretly really too at avoiding Pass rushers but I also think he doesn’t step up in the pocket enough - which is frustrating because he does it sometimes. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I think this is one of those cases where both things are true 

I think he’s secretly really too at avoiding Pass rushers but I also think he doesn’t step up in the pocket enough - which is frustrating because he does it sometimes. 

I think it’s another byproduct of hero ball, thinking he can always salvage the play with his athletic ability.

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Great win for the Jets.  Now let's hope it carries over for the Mets!

Relying on Bassit to save the Mets season.  deGrom, bombed, Max bombed.  Now we hoping teh guy who was for all intent purposes was the 5th or 6th string pitcher to pitch the biggest game of his career.  Lets Go Mets!

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

69E911B6-0F07-4E73-8380-D8D994CCBBE9.thumb.jpeg.f6050132ab2cc73b4fcc6623b5ac674d.jpeg

wilson playing great right?  Right?

Except Sanchez was better

Kenny Pickett is better than Zach Wilson

fixed it for u

The alternative is letting Wilson throw ints. Lose lose

28 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

That’s was amazing

suck my dick GIF

Suck It Royal Rumble GIF by WWE

suck my dick GIF

• Haha 2

<Wakes up from a deep coma on a DC-10 flying 30,000 feet over the surface of New Jersey. Groggy but panicked, dons an emergency parachute and evacuates through the cargo door, pulling the chute at 10,000 feet. Floating above the earth, opens a tablet, and logs onto Jet Nation dot com and begins to type

These game threads are negative and unreadable. How dare you? I am the only real Jets fan. How does Gastineau look?>

• Haha 1

I'm trying to embed this video

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DV5SWZQtgwI" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Honestly, one of the guys I was most disappointed with early was Garrett Wilson.  He had some terrible drops.  Started pulling it together in the 2nd half at least.  But that was a surprise to me.

And for the 2nd week in a row, Braden Mann was solid.  Happy that whatever was making him shank punts seems to have resolved itself.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Wilson made lots of clutch throws in the 4th quarter. It was a good sign. I think he finished 11/16. And he didnt bail on pockets today as much as he has in the past. I hope he continues to grow.

He didn’t crater. With that makeshift OL, no one would have blamed him if he did.

Good win to build upon but man, they need to play more disciplined.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Our safeties deserve credit today. Huge bounce back game for them. Game changing plays. If anyone deserves credit for today's win, they do.

Great observation.  They were solid contributors and reasons for both losses this season. Today, we don’t win without them.