<<<<<<< Jets vs Steelers -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

4 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

What a poopfest. Saleh is an absolute horror show.  He needs to dress up like Rich Kotite for Halloween. We had this game in total control. Fortunate to have pulled this out. Great game by Zach under a Div II OL.  Imagine if we could get Sean Payton to mentor Zach. Would be electric. 

I'll give Saleh credit that the team does keep fighting even when down at the end of these games.  But other than that, I agree he stinks.

And the more potential ZW shows, the more likely it is that Sean Payton would consider coming here.  

• Upvote 2

If the light suddenly went on in the 4th we're in business. Also I'll say the 2nd pick wasn't his fault.

However he still needs a lot of work. Don't think this game really affects the verdict with Wilson so sadly we don't have our conclusion yet. Good win though. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Yeah.

I guess.

But did you see some of those high passes?

I know it’s his first game played in a year but it really does temper the win, right?

Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

The first interception was bad so no argument there.  Other things I think are rust and getting into the flow since he hasn’t played in a while.  The most important thing is the 4th quarter.  If he got off to a monster start then sucked in the 4th quarter then I would be more worried 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

50% passing, 59 QB rating. You deserve to have this misery prolonged. 

You know what? I was just breaking balls and honestly sort of agree and was very concerned  at halftime - but I just have a better feeling about Zach than previous QBs. Just think he has a little magic in his game that will grow with time.

maybe I’m crazy or just a homer 

Either way, i’m high AF and loving life 

keep up the crusade, brother!

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

they do play hard but they play stupid and undisciplined. Thats on the coaching

Among the many things you can question referenced at the start of my post, to be sure.

I do think it’s easier to reign guys in than make them play hard. But they absolutely  need to reign the guys in better.

2 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

The first interception was bad so no argument there.  Other things I think are rust and getting into the flow since he hasn’t played in a while.  The most important thing is the 4th quarter.  If he got off to a monster start then sucked in the 4th quarter then I would be more worried 

Exactly. Far from a perfect game but in the end we saw more good than bad. And, as you said the most important thing is that he got better as the game went on.

• Upvote 3

I have to be honest, I thought this team would be 0-4, or 1-3 at this point. Then we lost Zach and 2LTs (before first game), and I thought we would be 0-4 to be sure. To be 2-2 at this point, I am pretty happy. Fans should be too unless you were hoping for Saleh to get fired by now...

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, jetstream23 said:

Exactly. Far from a perfect game but in the end we saw more good than bad. And, as you said the most important thing is that he got better as the game went on.

True.  Definitely some bad decisions but given the rust, having no tackles, and still trying to gel with the offense I’m happy he got the job done when it was needed.  Look I’m not saying he is 100% the guy but it’s really crazy that some seem so terrified of the possibility of being proven wrong that they won’t give him any credit or show any  happiness 

• Sympathy 1

Crazy game.  Some good some bad but the win is sweet.  Zach awesome in last two drives which has to be weighted heavily when judging his performance.  Been a long time since we had two comeback wins where we didn’t have mixed emotions because it cost us draft position.    Enjoy it boys.   Hopefully we can build on this and start getting back some of our offensive linemen soon to see how this team can develop.  ????

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Bottom line is we are 2-2

zach is 1-1

we play for 2nd place in the division next week

despite salehs question marks, his team plays hard

we win even though we are seriously decimated at OL

that is all

Playing hard and playing smart are two entirely different things. Its football. All teams play hard. This team is dumb as sheet and that's a reflection of Saleh. They are undisciplined, make terrible mistakes, continue to commit egregious penalties.  Pittsburg is a bad football team. Period. And we practically gave the game away with that ridiculous end to the first half.  Saleh couldn't coach a high school team.  

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

They’ve won 8 games of the past 37 attempts. What would you like the game threads to look like? 

Being reasonable and realistic despite the issues?

If you were a dad and your family had a few years of setbacks and bad luck, youd be the big bad doosh dad when a cooler full of steaks landed via parachute in your back yard and you proceeded to complain about the excess fat and the fact that it was in a coleman cooler vs a yeti

yea thats it pretty much in a nutshell. Some of u guys are miserable and need to be euthanized for the good of humanity

• Haha 1