Bronx

1 minute ago, Bronx said:

He has to play smarter football. The interception was totally unacceptable. 

You sound like a troll here. He had an up and down game coming back playing for the first time in 7 weeks and despite playing clutch at the end you make a thread about how he threw an INT for the first time in 170 pass attempts?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, heymangold said:

The one INT was horrendous, the other went directly through conklin’s hands.  He played a lights out 4th quarter and led the team to a come back win, in a historically difficult place for the jets to win.  Again, why can’t jets fans ever be happy?!

Yeah some seem afraid to let themselves be happy even for one night 

• Sympathy 2

16 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Real good play by the defense. I'd rather Zach stay aggresive. It showed down the stretch. He was perfect on the last drive and we would be killing him if he was hesitant not being aggressive

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

He threw to the only WR in single coverage.  It was the right read and it was picked.  They happen, maybe he should have gone conservative, actually he should have but every pick isn’t unacceptable 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

He threw to the only WR in single coverage.  It was the right read and it was picked.  They happen, maybe he should have gone conservative, actually he should have but every pick isn’t unacceptable 

I put that one on the coaches as much as Zach. You got to run the ball right there and go for the fg attempt. 

Cimini did something similar 2 weeks ago. I can't blame them, they aren't wrong in the moment but I love when it makes them look silly.

There is more context to this type of stat (pressures, throw aways, drops) Zach, for the most part, passed the eye test. He needs to be smarter before the half but aside from that I'm pleased with game 1

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nice throw.  He also had days to throw on that one. 

I refuse to see how anyone watching today could come to the conclusion that the pass blocking was dreadful under the circumstances.  

so you are basing that on the one pass? Did you even watch the game and how many times the steelers were in the backfield before he even stepped back to pass? your mr stats when they work for you opinions, yet ignore stats when they don't fit your narrative. 25% pressure rate is very good for a defense, the steeelrs had 66%, 66%! your too wrapped up in your stance to see thinks rationally, you and jgb need to regroup for the week, maybe next week will be a better week for you two

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I refuse to see how anyone watching today could come to the conclusion that the pass blocking was dreadful under the circumstances.  

Respectfully, the line was absolutely decimated and the right side, in particular, was dreadful today.  One good rep does not change that.  You’d be hard pressed to find anyone who would say that the offensive line is a-ok right now.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Respectfully, the line was absolutely decimated and the right side, in particular, was dreadful today.  One good rep does not change that.  You’d be hard pressed to find anyone who would say that the offensive line is a-ok right now.

I'm not saying its A-OK.  I'm saying under the circumstances, they did better in pass protection than I thought they would, and weren't league-worst-dreadful.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm not saying it’s A-OK.  I'm saying under the circumstances, they did better in pass protection than I thought they would, and weren't league-worst-dreadful.

I could see “better than I thought they would” but they’re going to, likely, grade out very poorly as a unit this week.  Quite possibly “league-worst-dreadful.”

I can’t get on them too hard because we are, literally, down to our 6th tackle, who was our LG last year and our RG last week, but they need reinforcements FAST.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

22 pressures on 37 dropbacks? That doesn’t sound too good. 

• Sympathy 1