DL Vinny Curry and OL Duane Brown Has Returned To Practice

12 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Great to hear that Brown is close to returning - we need him.

Not sure what Curry will add to an already overloaded DL group, but he is a very solid player when healthy.

I don't see how Curry fits at this point either unless they plan on moving him inside like JFM

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I wonder what we do at tackle in a few weeks when Brown, Fant, and Mitchell are all back. Is Mitchell now the starting RT? Who gets LT?

Brown is the LT if healthy.  I think Mitchell might be a better RT than Fant, to be honest.  This is a good problem to have if they all heal up.

Brown, LT, Mc, AVT, Mitchell with Fant and Herbig as depth.  After the past 7 weeks, this lineup feels like a luxury.  

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I wonder what we do at tackle in a few weeks when Brown, Fant, and Mitchell are all back. Is Mitchell now the starting RT? Who gets LT?

Someone else gets hurt?

Mitchell goes back to learning as a rookie, and trying to add weight.

I still feel like Brown isn't' going to last long.  It sounds like he has an operable shoulder injury that he's "giving it a shot" to play.  

Hope I'm wrong as him playing the rest of the season would be an absolute game changer.  And if somehow Fant comes back healthy to play RT then this line is above average again.  Can't blame JD for all these injuries but it's hard not to think of how good they could've been had the tackles stayed healthy.

• Upvote 2

Just now, David Harris said:

I still feel like Brown isn't' going to last long.  It sounds like he has an operable shoulder injury that he's "giving it a shot" to play.  

Hope I'm wrong as him playing the rest of the season would be an absolute game changer.  And if somehow Fant comes back healthy to play RT then this line is above average again.  Can't blame JD for all these injuries but it's hard not to think of how good they could've been had the tackles stayed healthy.

This is my take, as well

• Upvote 1

Just now, David Harris said:

Becton had the same, or a similar, injury in 2020.  He ended up being fine after rehab.

On the other side, Keleche Osemele had his entire season, arguably the rest of his career, derailed from it.

Hoping for the Becton result.

• Upvote 2