Jet fans have gone from "Fire Everyone" to "The window to win a Super Bowl in now".

2 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Fant is eligible to return Week 8 (after next week's game).  If the line plays well again in DEN, it will be an interesting problem to solve. 

Do we put Fant at RT and slide AVT back to RG?  Or do we leave it alone.  My sense is you don't mess with an OL that is working and FANT will be the swing Tackle.  Since he's in the last year of his contract, I am fine with this.

Agree 100%.  There is no loyalty to Fant at this point as hes not under contract last year.  

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is absolutely hysterical.  3 weeks after this fanbase wanted everyone fired, they are now concerned that our window is here and we need to win a Super Bowl ASAP.

Jet fans.........................R-E-L-A-X

Just enjoy the winning.  No one is getting fired nor is this team winning a Super Bowl.  We are in month 21 of a ground up rebuild, we have a qb who is learning on the job and has a ways to go, we have young coordinators who are starting to figure things out etc etc etc.

There are post wondering how are we going to resign all of these guys 3-4 years from now.  

Again, why is anyone even thinking of that?  Its like your searching for problems and misery.

This GM and Coach are building a team that will be dominant for a decade plus.  We have a generational GM who will figure out how to keep this all together for years to come.  As fans, just enjoy the winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol. What happened to the decade of dominance  and multiple  SBs

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Agree 100%.  There is no loyalty to Fant at this point as hes not under contract last year.  

And honestly, Fant as your backup swing Tackle is actually really good from a depth perspective.  What a change from just two weeks ago when we couldn't field two experienced starters at Tackle.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Lol. What happened to the decade of dominance  and multiple  SBs

Its coming.  But there is no 2-3 year window here.  We have the GM who is skilled enough to make it happen for 10 plus years.

There will be no Rams/Bucs "sell your soul to the devil and now you are going to suck for the next decade" type stuff going on here.

This is sustained success.  And it is going to be glorious.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Instead of more of the same extreme hyperbolic "generational", "disease", "awesome for decades" etc. schtick, combined with the usual endless complaining about our fans, maybe YOU should just enjoy the winning.

Most of us out here are enjoying it just fine.  We don't really need or want you to tell us how to do it.

Speak for yourself sad sack the guy is right he is what we need more of

Its coming.  But there is no 2-3 year window here.  We have the GM who is skilled enough to make it happen for 10 plus years.
There will be no Rams/Bucs "sell your soul to the devil and now you are going to suck for the next decade" type stuff going on here.
Are there really windows? This league is now, now, now... some teams can dominate for a few years but we've seen many overnight turnaround both ways... let's take this one game at a time and stack those wins and you never know

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

In 2 years JD has to decided if we pick up Zacks 5th year option, and if we extend Moore and Carter. Next year we have to sign Q to a long term deal or pick up his option as well. If you are thinking JD can just replace all these players or sign them and most likely cap out the team and not sign Hall, Sauce, and AVT and still have a decade of dominant football, pass me what you're drinking. He needs to start this run now. This team has most of the parts. He needs to use them before we can't  afford then anymore

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

In 2 years JD has to decided if we pick up Zacks 5th year option, and if we extend Moore and Carter. Next year we have to sign Q to a long term deal or pick up his option as well. If you are thinking JD can just replace all these players or sign them and most likely cap out the team and not sign Hall, Sauce, and AVT and still have a decade of dominant football, pass me what you're drinking. He needs to start this run now. This team has most of the parts. He needs to use them before we can't  afford then anymore

Good point.  And wasn't that one of the reasons why we were told it was so beneficial to draft ZW (because it "resets the clock").  He's on a cheap contract for 4-5 years.  That's the ideal time to strike and try to win a Super Bowl.  Assuming he becomes a FQB and gets paid, that eats up a ton of our cap room.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Only the dimmest Jets fans are saying “Super Bowl?/!” right now. Absolute dullards. Personally, I’m in the “We can’t fire them yet, but make sure we get three disciplinary write-ups in the personnel file so we’re in compliance in the event we have to fire them” group. 

I'm in the "it's nice to watch the Jets without wanting to puke" group.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

This is absolutely hysterical. 

Just enjoy the winning.  No one is getting fired nor is this team winning a Super Bowl.  We are in month 21 of a ground up rebuild,

Speak for yourself hombre. CIN went to the SB in year 2 with Burrow, We've got as good a roster as they did, better on Defense actually. 

So you can take that Gandalf pipe-smoking hobbit treatment elsewhere....

I want it all. 

• Upvote 2

This is absolutely hysterical.  3 weeks after this fanbase wanted everyone fired, they are now concerned that our window is here and we need to win a Super Bowl ASAP.

Jet fans.........................R-E-L-A-X

Just enjoy the winning.  No one is getting fired nor is this team winning a Super Bowl.  We are in month 21 of a ground up rebuild, we have a qb who is learning on the job and has a ways to go, we have young coordinators who are starting to figure things out etc etc etc.

There are post wondering how are we going to resign all of these guys 3-4 years from now.  

Again, why is anyone even thinking of that?  Its like your searching for problems and misery.

This GM and Coach are building a team that will be dominant for a decade plus.  We have a generational GM who will figure out how to keep this all together for years to come.  As fans, just enjoy the winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This

But Not every fan wanted everyone axed!

• Upvote 1

I think we caught Green Bay reeling and playing tight thinking about not losing more than winning.  The Jets on the other hand were playing this game like it was the biggest game they've ever played in and it showed.

The Jets wanted  that game more and were the tougher more physical team.

I think it's safe to say that the team probably isn't as good as it looked yesterday  and that there will still be plenty of head scratching moments this season for us to wonder where the team that played Green Bay is.

What is clear is that the culture of the team is solid and the players are playing their hearts out for Salah.  It'll be interesting to see how long this momentum train can keep on rolling because a defense that plays with the passion that they played with yesterday can take you a long way.  If LF and Zach can find a way to move the ball better through the air this team could be legit.  27-10 was not indicative of how badly the Jets beat down the Packers.

It's hard not to get excited.  But we are definitely going to have at least a few rough games at some point that will quell any overreaction Superbowl or Bust talk.

• Upvote 2

If you want a more positive forum, you'll have to self-ban. 

All you post is negativity, aimed at your fellow fans.

lol dude really? So im negative for being too positive sort of? Like a member of the positive police?

This is like the guy who kills Hitler and later gets branded a murderer. aye pappi please

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Instead of more of the same extreme hyperbolic "generational", "disease", "awesome for decades" etc. schtick, combined with the usual endless complaining about our fans, maybe YOU should just enjoy the winning.

Most of us out here are enjoying it just fine.  We don't really need or want you to tell us how to do it.

While you tell people not to act like fans.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I was the one who posted the Super Bowl window post and realistically it’s true. These next 3-4 years when we have all these guys on rookie contracts …..its the best chance they’ve had to win it all in a long time 

i said the same thing about the SB window.

my whole point was if Zach at the end of this year is still putting up 55% comp and 10-15 TDs then we cant give him 2023 cause if were wrong then we just wasted another year with a talented team.

and if Zach is good then we have to pay him 50 mil in 2025. along with around 20 mil each for Hall , Sause  and GW. with AVT getting top OL money at the end of 2024. 

we cant keep them all otherwise we will be having Will Parks and Jeff Smiths in our starting lineup. by 2025

and my guess is QW signs a big money contract that ends just in time to sign those 2025 FAs. so if your waiting till then to make your SB run it will have to be without him.

if Zach is good this year then great, its SB or bust for 2023-2025. if not bring in a vet and its SB or bust for 2023-2025

2023-2025 is our window.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

lol dude really? So im negative for being too positive sort of? Like a member of the positive police?

This is like the guy who kills Hitler and later gets branded a murderer. aye pappi please

You're just as negative as anyone else here.

Instead of aiming that negativity at the players, coaches, team, etc., you just aim it all at your fellow fans.  

Too positive, lol.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, doitny said:

i said the same thing about the SB window.

my whole point was if Zach at the end of this year is still putting up 55% comp and 10-15 TDs then we cant give him 2023 cause if were wrong then we just wasted another year with a talented team.

and if Zach is good then we have to pay him 50 mil in 2025. along with around 20 mil each for Hall , Sause  and GW. with AVT getting top OL money at the end of 2024. 

we cant keep them all otherwise we will be having Will Parks and Jeff Smiths in our starting lineup. by 2025

and my guess is QW signs a big money contract that ends just in time to sign those 2025 FAs. so if your waiting till then to make your SB run it will have to be without him.

if Zach is good this year then great, its SB or bust for 2023-2025. if not bring in a vet and its SB or bust for 2023-2025

2023-2025 is our window.

Then we’re paying big money to bring in a QB right now affecting our cap space even more 

the only reason teams win for 10 plus years are the QB. and we might not have him. the whole point is if by years end Zach isnt good then sign a FA QB next year and lets make the SB run.

you really think those teams draft so well? they dont, its just they have the QB. as bad as some of you think GB is they will still make the playoffs and have a SB chance. all good QBs make the playoffs.

a really good QB allows you to have less talent on the team. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Only the dimmest Jets fans are saying “Super Bowl?/!” right now. Absolute dullards. Personally, I’m in the “We can’t fire them yet, but make sure we get three disciplinary write-ups in the personnel file so we’re in compliance in the event we have to fire them” group. 

On the other hand, other the dimmest Jet fans are still saying "fire everybody". Balance is good in life and on football forums. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

Fant is eligible to return Week 8 (after next week's game).  If the line plays well again in DEN, it will be an interesting problem to solve. 

Do we put Fant at RT and slide AVT back to RG?  Or do we leave it alone.  My sense is you don't mess with an OL that is working and FANT will be the swing Tackle.  Since he's in the last year of his contract, I am fine with this.

Yeah, I'd lean towards not messing with what is working. Honestly, I think the current OL setup is our best run-blocking unit even if everyone (except for Becton) was healthy. As we've seen this year, an experienced swing tackle is invaluable and if Fant is not needed to be rushed into the lineup, I'm cool with that. Sucks for Fant personally, but that's the business.

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, doitny said:

the only reason teams win for 10 plus years are the QB. and we might not have him. the whole point is if by years end Zach isnt good then sign a FA QB next year and lets make the SB run.

you really think those teams draft so well? they dont, its just they have the QB. as bad as some of you think GB is they will still make the playoffs and have a SB chance. all good QBs make the playoffs.

a really good QB allows you to have less talent on the team. 

So you have replaced Josh Allen after year 2

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’d show you your file, but Crusher borrowed the JN forklift when he went out for lunch. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

The team is going to look good in wins because the team is built on momentum with a lead. They are also at some point going to look worse than they are in a loss because it's not built to be a team that plays from behind.

Credit to the coaching staff:

1) They've got the best 5 playing right now on the OL. Brown being back is huge for us as he's still playing at a high level and AVT has plugged the massive gaping hole that Mcdermott and company bring to the table.

2) They're finally playing their best pass-rushing DL rotation. The game plan yesterday was well-planned, the right side of Green bay's line has been a tire fire the whole year despite Jenkins being a good name in principle. The RG was the weak link and we exposed it with a bunch of stunts all day long until they proved they could stop it.

3) The secondary has played miles better since they focused on back-end communication. Switching to a man-heavy approach I think is a good thing. We should 100% incorporate more man into our defense since I think our corners excel with it. We're still going to run zone, but I think matching up the game plan against the weaknesses of the opposing offense is a good approach. Rodgers would've eaten up vanilla cover 3 all day. I think the Jets also are executing at a high level.

4) Road warriors and 4th quarter gods: Good coaching at work here. I gave Saleh and crew a lot of flack for how they handled the offseason and early part of the year, but they have my kudos for how they've adapted. 2nd half adjustments have been very good for the most part.

5) The offensive gameplan yesterday was good and showcased what makes the shanahan offense work well. The Berrios and Hall runs were well-designed plays and played off misdirection on looks they'd been running throughout the game. Just good stuff.

For #2, when QW took the guard, leveraged him, spun him backwards and shoved him out of the way and then belly slammed Rodgers to the ground with the ball flying into the air was quite possibly the most cathartic Dline play I have ever seen.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

22 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So you have replaced Josh Allen after year 2

yes cause thats an outliner. he is one in 100. 99% of the time the QB sucks after 2 bad years.

i dont understand if he goes 55% comp and 10-15 TDs that anyone here can tell me thats improvement and he should get a 3rd year. there are too many weapons on this offense for him to put up those numbers for the year.

You're just as negative as anyone else here.

Instead of aiming that negativity at the players, coaches, team, etc., you just aim it all at your fellow fans.  

Too positive, lol.

Yes i am aiming it at all the sad sacks that have nothing good to say about my team. Sad sacks, doubting peters, bonnie beatenwifes, debbie downers etc. they all need my help. 

You dont see me bothering joe willy or other like minded posters.

LOL - I love the well the team is winning now because the CS finally started listening to the fan base. Truth is this team was a mess offensively at the beginning of the season. #2 QB, OL injured. We threw the ball so much because we had to as we were playing from behind until the Miami game. GB was terrible in run defense, so we ran it more - especially with the wet conditions and ZW starting off poorly.

The D was a mess too. Everyone was yelling to fire everyone. Let's dump JD to make room for Payton. Stop the rotation. All along Saleh was saying it was going to take some time for this young team to get it. There were communication issues in the secondary Now that the team is winning it is because the CS is doing what the fans wanted? While there appears to be reducing the rotation, it has more to do with the fact that the D is cause 3-and-outs and thus not getting as tired and they can rest between drives.

18 minutes ago, doitny said:

yes cause thats an outliner. he is one in 100. 99% of the time the QB sucks after 2 bad years.

i dont understand if he goes 55% comp and 10-15 TDs that anyone here can tell me thats improvement and he should get a 3rd year. there are too many weapons on this offense for him to put up those numbers for the year.

No, it’s actually not.  There are lots of QBs who needed time to develop.  
Im not speculating with this of he doesn’t develop by the end of year two it’s time to move on.  Exactly the J Allen scenario.