Elijah moore requests trade (merged)

extmenace

1 hour ago, BallinPB said:

F Elijah Moore but it's become even more clear to me that the problem is Zach Wilson.  He still hasn't proven he can be productive.  Garrett Wilson has 6 catches the last 3 games when he was balling out with Flacco at the helm.  

I get it we are winning so as a fan base we should be happy.  At the same time, we are going to need games where Zach Wilson can throw the ball down the field consistently.   

572 yards with 1TD and 2 picks in 3 games is not going to cut it even in a run oriented offense.  

No sh*t. Literally everyone understands that we can't win sustainably with ZW throwing for sub 200 yards per game. But he has played in the same amount of games as Flacco and has attempted half of the throws Flacco. In Cinci alone Flacco had 15 pass attempts in the fourth quarter. Against Baltimore he had 32 passed in the fourth quarter. 32!!

Zach had zero 4th quarter passing attempts against the Packers and three against the Dolphins - because we were winning both games by multiple tds. 

Should we have risked a game well in hand to get Elijah some stats? 

I don't know if Zach is the guy. If I had to guess right now I'd say he isn't, but what do you want the coaching staff to do? Play Flacco? Or do everything you can to win games while developing a QB who hasn't played a full season games yet? Zach played like total dogsh*t in three quarters against Pittsburgh and then when we got behind the coaches had to let him rip. He did well. Even that 4th quarter may have been a fluke but its not some grand conspiracy... we've thrown less in games Zach has played b/c we've been winning... when we can't rely on run + defense he will not be throwing 20 times per game...

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Okay.

I think major is being thrown out by the coach, like Robbie, or taking off your clothes and leaving, like AB.

You can have this be major, too. Maybe my things are extra more major, as my daughter would have said it as a toddler.

I get it, everything is relative.

Moore is being thrown out, though, at least temporarily.  He was sent home yesterday and declared inactive for Sunday.  

This is a stand-off now, and Douglas won’t lose.

1)Either Moore changes his mind

2) JD trades him for an overpay now

3) the kid can sit out the rest of the year and JD gets equal or better value in the off-season.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Okay.

I mean, I’m not trying to change any one’s views. Mostly sharing my own and defending them as they get attacked.

I believe in accountability. So, agreed, now he has to put the work in to prove he isn’t selfish (because whether or not I agree, that’s going to be the majority rule in this). He also needs to prove that with the targets comes the production.

No attack intended :).

Happy to find a place where we agree!

“I think our locker room’s fine. It’s a rock-solid group,” Saleh said. “We all love Elijah. We all understand the business aspect of it. We all know where his heart is, we all know the character that we drafted. Elijah’s a great kid. He is. He’s out there, he works his tail off and he does everything that’s asked of him. And whether or not people can get out of whack, like that’s probably a conversation more for him. But he is a very high character individual.

“I get that this could look bad, but this part of it is part of what we go through, part of the business, but I will stand by that young man every day of the week and knowing exactly where he is and where he needs to get and where I know he’s gonna go. And whether or not we lose patience, whatever it is, with ourselves or with other people, this is one of those cases where in my opinion, like, he’s gonna be a great football player in this league for a long time. And it’s just a matter of just being able to stack together a couple good days and let the ball roll from there.”

the above quote from Saleh is fantastic imho...this aspect of being a head coach doesn't get the credit it deserves. He is deftly trying to diffuse a situation gracefully, without the player losing face, and still instilling discipline. Outstanding work here imho, and should help Moore with the maturation process. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

I get it, everything is relative.

Moore is being thrown out, though, at least temporarily.  He was sent home yesterday and declared inactive for Sunday.  

This is a stand-off now, and Douglas won’t lose.

1)Either Moore changes his mind

2) JD trades him for an overpay now

3) the kid can sit out the rest of the year and JD gets equal or better value in the off-season.  

It’s not a standoff when the player has zero leverage.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

So even Brandon Marshall is acknowledging that Mike LeFleur & The Jets aren't managing their WRs properly. 

Interesting. 

Well known locker room cancer says he doesn’t agree with how WR is being treated despite having no information on the subject. Shocker that you would take the contrarian stance on this. Shocker. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

No sh*t. Literally everyone understands that we can't win sustainably with ZW throwing for sub 200 yards per game. But he has played in the same amount of games as Flacco and has attempted half of the throws Flacco. In Cinci alone Flacco had 15 pass attempts in the fourth quarter. Against Baltimore he had 32 passed in the fourth quarter. 32!!

Zach had zero 4th quarter passing attempts against the Packers and three against the Dolphins - because we were winning both games by multiple tds. 

Should we have risked a game well in hand to get Elijah some stats? 

I don't know if Zach is the guy. If I had to guess right now I'd say he isn't, but what do you want the coaching staff to do? Play Flacco? Or do everything you can to win games while developing a QB who hasn't played a full season games yet? Zach played like total dogsh*t in three quarters against Pittsburgh and then when we got behind the coaches had to let him rip. He did well. Even that 4th quarter may have been a fluke but its not some grand conspiracy... we've thrown less in games Zach has played b/c we've been winning... when we can't rely on run + defense he will not be throwing 20 times per game...

This is exactly where I am at with the situation. 

It’s been YEARS since the Jets have had a comfortable 4th quarter lead. I think fans forget that is what teams do. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

OK so let's grant that the Jets are winning running the ball and do not need to throw. There's no need to mess with a winning formula. 

Great. 

They can't give Moore a sweep? A reverse? They can't line him up in the backfield somewhere? Toss him one of those outside zones 

How is this dude not getting Any targets or touches? 

This is life in the NFL don't draft Moore and give his reverses to the kick returner 

This is a shock to fans but it's a cut throat business on both sides 

How gangster are the Jets that mims who has been inactive for weeks stands to benefit. When mims did the same thing like 6 weeks ago. 

You are being so over the top it’s absurd.

He went one game with no targets. And the Kick Returner just took a reverse for a touchdown, even though he had limited snaps let alone targets. 

And Mims did not do the same thing. Mims wanted to be traded because he wasn’t being active on game days. Mims didn’t go at with the OC. He didn’t rant on Twitter. So no, not the same thing. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

So even Brandon Marshall is acknowledging that Mike LeFleur & The Jets aren't managing their WRs properly. 

Interesting. 

No....you say 'acknowledging' like he's recognizing the underlying absolute truth.  It's his opinion.  Fine for him to express it, and fine to repost it here, but you are trying to spin it into something it's definitely not because it fits your opinion.  

9 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

He is getting targets, it was one game  

he doesn’t care about sweeps because the don’t show up on the stat sheet 

He's had 1 catch in 2 weeks 

The trend line is down

The Jets had to do the same thing with Santana moss and Santonio Holmes over the years 

You have to let these premium wide outs touch the football or they disengage. 

little ice cream Johnny wears his jersey they can't even find Moore 1 touch? Not for Johnny? 

You know how good an NFL player has to be before they make a kids size jersey for him? 

It's like don't blame the scorpion for being a scorpion. If Moore washes out it will be because of many reasons besides Moore just being selfish.

Yes It's on Moore for being a diva, but also JD for drafting him, marketing for promoting him, the coaches for not keeping him happy and Zach for not being able to spread the football around. 

It will be a further shame if the Jets response to this is to keep him inactive forever. They really do control his life right now in a way that most people do not realize. 

If you or I wanted to quit our jobs we just do it 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, fullblast said:

hm, not sure if i agree with Marshall here. Thought Zach handled the situation perfectly.

Yeah, I definitely don’t agree with Marshall here.  Zach’s presser was fine.  It was more than fine actually; he absolutely showed support for Moore:

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Interesting. 

Marshall was a diva too, he knows if he says anything to the contrary he'll be ripped as two faced , not a surprise here. 

8 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

You are being so over the top it’s absurd.

He went one game with no targets. And the Kick Returner just took a reverse for a touchdown, even though he had limited snaps let alone targets. 

And Mims did not do the same thing. Mims wanted to be traded because he wasn’t being active on game days. Mims didn’t go at with the OC. He didn’t rant on Twitter. So no, not the same thing. 

It's not just 1 game. Zach doesn't look at him and that goes back to last season. 

Oh yeah I forgot mims is active this week so he's saint Denzel team player extraordinaire 

What a great dude that mims is, now that he's playing again 

This time last week mims was a bum and Moore was a star. Now mims is a gentleman and Moore is that dog piss guy 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

No....you say 'acknowledging' like he's recognizing the underlying absolute truth.  It's his opinion.  Fine for him to express it, and fine to repost it here, but you are trying to spin it into something it's definitely not because it fits your opinion.  

Pick apart my choice of words, sure, but all i'm seeing is a largely a thread of people hanging Moore's maturity out to dry... no duh. You don't need a team of social scientists to make the assessment that Moore's handling this poorly. Marshall said so much. 

But like Braylon said, Jets need to figure this out. Not just Moore. @Mogglez and i talked a lot about this stuff before with Mims. Ultimately Mims/Moore's future is in their own hands - but you can't sell me on this notion that there's not SOMETHING about the way they're going managing their personalities/talent/lockerroom that they can't improve and change. 

If Moore doesn't bounce back from this, that's 2 WRs in 2 years who've basically said "F*ck this"... it was easy to write off Mims cause his rookie production was inconsistent.. but Moore was a star in the making. You can't keep chalking this up to player egos, forever. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Pick apart my choice of words, sure, but all i'm seeing is a largely a thread of people hanging Moore's maturity out to dry... no duh. You don't need a team of social scientists to make the assessment that Moore's handling this poorly. Marshall said so much. 

But like Braylon said, Jets need to figure this out. Not just Moore. @Mogglez and i talked a lot about this stuff before with Mims. Ultimately Mims/Moore's future is in their own hands - but you can't sell me on this notion that there's not SOMETHING about the way they're going managing their personalities/talent/lockerroom that they can't improve and change. 

If Moore doesn't bounce back from this, that's 2 WRs in 2 years who've basically said "F*ck this"... it was easy to write off Mims cause his rookie production was inconsistent.. but Moore was a star in the making. You can't keep chalking this up to player egos, forever. 

I do question the way Moore has been used but I also realize that an NFL OC probably knows a heck of a lot more than I do about this stuff.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Paradis said:

Not saying the Jets have handled it as perfectly as might be hoped but since I know nothing about what has transpired, I can't judge that.  What I can judge is what I see, and Moore looks a lot worse in his handling of this than the Jets do.  Granted, he's a very young adult and the Jets are an experienced organization, so that's not a huge surprise, but what I objected to was your characterizing Marshall's comments as if he were joining a growing list of people criticizing the Jets.  From what I've seen, that's been the vast minority of comments from people who actually matter (former athletes, current athletes, and real media people).  Honestly, I wish it would all just disappear until Monday since the scrutiny helps nobody but Cimini who is reveling in having stirred up this hornet's nest.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Paradis said:

This is all part and parcel of the new mentality in sports started by the NBA and bolstered by the transfer portal crap in college sports. If you're not happy with your current situation no problem you just leave. Doesn't matter about  your teammates or anyone else it's just about me me me. 

2 hours ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Good . . . very good.

If a person is going to err in life, err on the side of praising in public and reproving in public. Saleh is determined, accountable, and no pushover. Everyone that has been around him says that. His players say he is hard to play for because he accepts zero excuses. 

I'm incredibly impressed that he is demanding and has high expectations, but publicly builds people up and avoids throwing anyone under the bus. 

He comes off as a person you would gravitate towards to and look to for advice. 

Agree with this. Takes a ton of discipline for Saleh to put on this face because you know his blood is boiling, but if he gives in and outs the player publicly he just adds fuel to the fire and potentially rubs others the wrong way, just as much as he would if he went up there and gave non-answers... case-in point below

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's not just 1 game. Zach doesn't look at him and that goes back to last season. 

Oh yeah I forgot mims is active this week so he's saint Denzel team player extraordinaire 

What a great dude that mims is, now that he's playing again 

This time last week mims was a bum and Moore was a star. Now mims is a gentleman and Moore is that dog piss guy 

You realize Moore went 6 for 77 and a TD with Zach right before Moore got hurt for the season. Or that doesn’t count?

And what are talking about? Lol. Are you just typing?? I don’t even know how to respond to that last part. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

No locker room massaging or playcalling tweaks can fix a bad QB who doesn't look your way.  

• Upvote 1