Elijah moore requests trade (merged)

extmenace

47 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

Good . . . very good.

If a person is going to err in life, err on the side of praising in public and reproving in public. Saleh is determined, accountable, and no pushover. Everyone that has been around him says that. His players say he is hard to play for because he accepts zero excuses. 

I'm incredibly impressed that he is demanding and has high expectations, but publicly builds people up and avoids throwing anyone under the bus. 

He comes off as a person you would gravitate towards to and look to for advice. 

I am slowly beginning to see this as well. Nice signs of growth for a very young, raw HC.  Handling the media better, together with the upbeat positive commentary on the Moore tantrum.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, undertow said:

The team actually started falling apart when Rex wanted to open up the offense and got away from ground a pound and started acquiring players like Burress, Mason and Holmes.  I think the team could have squeezed a few more good years out of Sanchez if they stuck with the initial plan.  I think they could have won a SB that way in 2011 or 2012 but I don't think that works in 2022.

Ground & pound only works if you have an elite defense, which stopped being the case for the Jets around 2012.

Opening up the passing game was a necessity in the modern game.  Sanchez just wasn't at all equipped to do it.  Yet he's still treated like a hero by several in these parts.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

God gives free will to all. Maybe he should quit football and become a pastor helping god. The grass is not always greener so may say sit and watch for 3 years, then be sent to the Lions for a 6th round pick and be out of the league in 4 years and just another NFL bust.

1 hour ago, slats said:

If he doesn’t want to be labeled selfish in the future, he’s now going to have to earn that. He’s a second year, promising player; not a star yet. He’s trying to wield leverage that he simply doesn’t have. I really have a difficult time getting over the fact that he doesn’t have people in his life who could’ve explained to him just how bad a look it is to ask for a trade at this time in his and his team’s situation. Football’s the ultimate team game, and players have to put the team first. That’s part of the culture change that Saleh’s trying to implement here, and Moore’s chosen to defy it for what can only be considered selfish reasons. 

Reading now that Moore is back with the team, but that he’s excused from meetings and working on his own and will not dress this week. Good. He should be disciplined for this behavior. He needs to understand his role and also that his time will come. The Jets certainly aren’t playing with a lead the rest of the year. He’ll get his opportunities as long as his head’s right. 

Yes, fully agree. He will be branded as selfish, I just don’t think that’s how it should be after 1 minor incident.

Similar to how I don’t think people should be cancelled over a dumb remark. A long history? Sure. Everyone just goes zero to sixty in judgement… not good for society.

1 hour ago, football guy said:

The one thing I'll say is that Elijah Moore's role in the offense is as the primary X and most of his routes are downfield. He's running a crazy amount of "go" routes and deep outs that are designed to pull the safety in order to open up the middle/flat portions of the field, and while he is getting open, the plays aren't designed to award him the time to "win" his route. Mike LaFleur sees it as "Elijah is our biggest threat at the X, and while he's just as good if not better at the Y/Z as Garrett Wilson/Braxton Berrios/Corey Davis, we're a better unit if those guys play those positions and Elijah plays the X". Defenses are forced to respect his speed, so he even though he's the first read (call it a glance) on a lot of plays, he inevitably becomes a decoy on the majority of them unless there's pure one-on-one or if there's a coverage breakdown because the passing scheme calls for quick route progression. He knows this and word was he was excited for Zach to come back because he felt his improvisational style would've resulted in more opportunities, but to our surprise Zach has learned to play more consistently within the offense. Combine that with game script and the rushing attack, those opportunities become even more limited.  

So its not to say I don't understand his frustration (I do), I just can't get behind a narcissistic, me-first player like this. The right thing for him to do would've been to go to his coaches and request more opportunities, whether it be designed plays or more of a receiver rotation so that he can get some opportunities to make plays after-the-catch from the Y or Z spots like he did last year. Instead, he made it about him, pouted, and requests a trade in the middle of a week when the team is preparing to go on the road in Denver coming off a winning streak. Unforgiveable sin. 

Yessss.

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

In all seriousness, I’ve decided to put you on ignore.  So forgive me if I no longer respond. 
I’ve never done this before and you’re one only one. , but I find you so condescending and self righteous that it makes me not want to be on this site.  And I like it here   

it’s probably just me though. 

So, this is your counter argument? 

31 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I'll be impressed when Wilson can put up a 300 yd 3TD game over 60% completion.  

He's a mediocre QB at best this very moment.  

Go relook at the Pittsburgh game. Watch all his pass attempts (there are videos on Youtube that break it down in a few minutes). Honestly account for horrible o line play, blatantly dropped passed by receivers, and plays where he pulls a miracle and avoids a sack another QB would take but also throws the ball away and gets an incomplete pass stat, and take into account his first game back from an injury. If you look at it analytically, you'll feel differently. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I guess where we disagree (and @slats can get in on this) is that I think a person can do something dumb that inevitably serves a selfish need, without being categorically “selfish”. The latter being a designation for athletes across many sports, and something that typically carries a stigma… many posters are lumping Elijah into that category after one incident (then using the dig pee thing as “evidence of a history”).

I don’t think it’s rational, fair or accurate.

I’m cool with agreeing to disagree.  Ultimately, what will define Moore is how he handles this going forward, but nothing he’s done in 24 hours indicates that he’s going to realize the error of his ways and change.  It kind of reminds me of the Rex Ryan swan song game where Geno lit the world on fire, everyone on the team was happy that they won, and when the beat reporters came to Santonio Holmes, who didn’t see much action that year or during the game, he gave a canned passive aggressive answer and all-but assures that he would be cut in the off-season, as he was definitely a locker room problem.  Until Moore shows that he isn’t the same as Holmes, that is how I will continue to view him, as a whole.

20 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m cool with agreeing to disagree.  Ultimately, what will define Moore is how he handles this going forward, but nothing he’s done in 24 hours indicates that he’s going to realize the error of his ways and change.  It kind of reminds me of the Rex Ryan swan song game where Geno lit the world on fire, everyone on the team was happy that they won, and when the beat reporters came to Santonio Holmes, who didn’t see much action that year or during the game, he gave a canned passive aggressive answer and all-but assures that he would be cut in the off-season, as he was definitely a locker room problem.  Until Moore shows that he isn’t the same as Holmes, that is how I will continue to view him, as a whole.

Okay.

I mean, I’m not trying to change any one’s views. Mostly sharing my own and defending them as they get attacked.

I believe in accountability. So, agreed, now he has to put the work in to prove he isn’t selfish (because whether or not I agree, that’s going to be the majority rule in this). He also needs to prove that with the targets comes the production.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes, fully agree. He will be branded as selfish, I just don’t think that’s how it should be after 1 minor incident.

Similar to how I don’t think people should be cancelled over a dumb remark. A long history? Sure. Everyone just goes zero to sixty in judgement… not good for society.

The tweet after the Packers game was a minor incident.

Requesting a trade is a major incident.  

• Upvote 2

OK so let's grant that the Jets are winning running the ball and do not need to throw. There's no need to mess with a winning formula. 

Great. 

They can't give Moore a sweep? A reverse? They can't line him up in the backfield somewhere? Toss him one of those outside zones 

How is this dude not getting Any targets or touches? 

This is life in the NFL don't draft Moore and give his reverses to the kick returner 

This is a shock to fans but it's a cut throat business on both sides 

How gangster are the Jets that mims who has been inactive for weeks stands to benefit. When mims did the same thing like 6 weeks ago. 

Just now, RoadFan said:

This would be my take. The team seems to agree with the benching this week. I think it’s the right move. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, RoadFan said:

Okay.

I think major is being thrown out by the coach, like Robbie, or taking off your clothes and leaving, like AB.

You can have this be major, too. Maybe my things are extra more major, as my daughter would have said it as a toddler.

1 minute ago, slats said:

This would be my take. The team seems to agree with the benching this week. I think it’s the right move. 

I think it’s the altercation with LaFleur that took place in between these things that might be the most extra more major supreme.

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

How gangster are the Jets that mims who has been inactive for weeks stands to benefit. When mims did the same thing like 6 weeks ago. 

Mims is a third year player who isn’t even dressing on Sunday. Moore leads the team in targets. Pretty impressive stretch to call it the same thing. Mims has kept his mouth shut and his nose down, I’d love to see him get an opportunity this week. Reality, though, is that it’ll most likely be Berrios and Smith getting those chances. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

OK so let's grant that the Jets are winning running the ball and do not need to throw. There's no need to mess with a winning formula. 

Great. 

They can't give Moore a sweep? A reverse? They can't line him up in the backfield somewhere? Toss him one of those outside zones 

How is this dude not getting Any targets or touches? 

This is life in the NFL don't draft Moore and give his reverses to the kick returner 

This is a shock to fans but it's a cut throat business on both sides 

He is getting targets, it was one game  

he doesn’t care about sweeps because the don’t show up on the stat sheet 

52 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Ground & pound only works if you have an elite defense, which stopped being the case for the Jets around 2012.

Opening up the passing game was a necessity in the modern game.  Sanchez just wasn't at all equipped to do it.  Yet he's still treated like a hero by several in these parts.

See GB game.  Elite.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

Coming from a dude who was 100x more talented than Moore 

Yea, and no the part where he said the JETS need to figure it out? not Moore needs to get straight?.... that's the part where the 100x more talented guy is saying THEY need to get it figured out... Moore's immaturity certainly plays a big part, but there's immaturity on Mike's part potentially two... that's 2 WRs he's pissed off by essentially not scheming to their talent/skill set.... there's more at play here, possibly. 

52 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

I know Elijah Moore is (was) popular amongst our fanbase and has friends in high places (A.J. Brown), but this really seems over the top for a guy who is halfway through his second season and JUST broke a full 17 games...............

Really over the top. Maybe the coaches need to find ways to be flexible on offense, in addition to Moore growing up some. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I think it’s the altercation with LaFleur that took place in between these things that might be the most extra more major supreme.

I don’t know. I suspect that if he showed up today contrite rather than asking for the trade that he’d be on the field this week. A second year player on a young team requesting a trade is a major distraction. 

But I don’t care about it that much unless it escalates. Let’s see where it goes. Hoping Elijah cools off. I’m sure he’s aware of the backlash he’s created here. 

• Upvote 1