Jets Call Up QB Chris Streveler and OL Connor McDermott

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

This would make sense if Zach Wilson couldn’t run, but that’s probably Zach’s best feature. In theory, there is no “Brad Smith” play that Streveler can run that Zach can’t. 

But Steveler is expendable and Zach isn’t. 

• Upvote 2

It could very week be that streveler showed this coaching staff enough during practice that he needs to be active. 

I don't think they looking to replace zach. But you can't ignore what running qbs are doing to the pats. They gonna drop their 2 safeties in that scared, pansy ass 2 deep shell while playing man, then guess what, you gonna get burned when the qb takes off.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Mike White has no value.  He’s a practice squad level player, that caught lightning in a bottle one day.  

Cut the bullsh*t he played bad in one game vs the Bills after the Cincy game he played well vs the Colts until the nerve damage. And if Corey Davis does not Fumble the ball away when we were going in to score when the score was 10-3 that game would not have reached the levels it did when the Bills scored to end the half and when they got the ball back to start the second half next time White and the offense saw the ball it was 24-3 FWIW WHite is a young player too but I'm guessing the excuses you make for Zach being young don't apply to Mike White.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Warfish said:

*cough* Zach Hater *cough*

I was very honest last week.  It was tough sledding...

And his short range lack of accuracy really concerned me - still does.  

With that said, BB is very good at causing problems for young QB's...It's very possible Zach can have trouble (regardless of how I feel about it, have to accept reality) Last week there was simply no recourse, luckily it wasn't necessary.

At least now, there's something to try.

I do think they'll be a Strev package regardless though - and I love the idea of it.

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Not the game for Mike White. Need a mobile running  QB against the Pats after what  we saw Monday night. Sorry Smash,

The best weapon vs the rush is getting the ball out Quick Mike White is like Mike Vick Compared to Tom Brady so how did Tom beat the rush all those years ?? With the short quick pass until the defense had to respect it . When Zach starts throwing 5 and 10 yard passes with accuracy he will get results but I'm not sure why after 17 games he still rushes throws and can't disguise a screen play to save his life. He certainly has mastered how to run 20 yards backwards though.

Just now, Smashmouth said:

Cut the bullsh*t he played bad in one game vs the Bills after the Cincy game he played well vs the Colts until the nerve damage. And if Corey Davis does not Fumble the ball away when we were going in to score when the score was 10-3 that game would not have reached the levels it did when the Bills scored to end the half and when they got the ball back to start the second half next time White and the offense saw the ball it was 24-3 FWIW WHite is a young player too but I'm guessing the excuses you make for Zach being young don't apply to Mike White.

Mike White is a career practice squad player.  That's what he is or he would be on someone's active roster.  At worst he would be someone's back up.

Look, he's still in the league and good for him.....So he can make NFL plays..

But 5th year, practice squad players don't have trade value.  That's all I'm saying.  

The Jets will not receive trade compensation for Mike White.  That point really shouldn't be a controversial.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

Mike White is a career practice squad player.  That's what he is or he would be on someone's active roster.  At worst he would be someone's back up.

Look, he's still in the league and good for him.....So he can make NFL plays..

But 5th year, practice squad players don't have trade value.  That's all I'm saying.  

The Jets will not receive trade compensation for Mike White.  That point really shouldn't be a controversial.

Ok in that respect I agree didnt know that was the direction you were going 

• Upvote 1