So, does Jermaine Johnson suck?

Facts

On 11/5/2022 at 8:53 AM, Facts said:

Yeah i’ve rolled my eyes quite a few times while reading the posts about him playing “great” before injury.

On 11/5/2022 at 3:26 PM, JustInFudge said:

Imagine how we feel seeing this stupid eye roll worthy topic on the main forum.

@TuscanyTile2

@slimjasi @Jetsfan80

ric flair man GIF

• Haha 3

Not going to act like I don't like JJ, bc I do. But let's look at this as a whole.

We just spent 2 1st rounders in 2 years on DE. And what did we get out of those 2 1st rounders this year? 10.5 sacks. Huff himself had 10 as an UDFA and we likely are letting him walk.

So it really was a very poor use of resources in these last 2 drafts if you ask me.

Now if these 2 guys can be 10 sack guys on there own in the next year or 2... that opinion changes.

10 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

don't be getting a big head over this.

Alol, well played

Love JJ as well. When he swings that hammer, I get fired up. 

Gotta give these players a fair chance to develop before we crush them, that's all I'm saying. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/14/2022 at 11:07 PM, Facts said:

Oh how the turntables turn!

I. Told. You. All. So.

This thread will live in infamy, as the time the entire forum rallied against me, yet I was proven right in time.

Uh Oh Oops GIF by tv2norge

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Lots of similar smelly takes to Will McDonald in this thread, who had more sacks during his rookie campaign then JJ on a lot less snaps.  Going to be fun to watch those 2 studs do studly things together.  Maybe even w/ a lead and stuff at some point.

Kind of an unrealistic take imo. 

The lead part, I mean. 

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Not going to act like I don't like JJ, bc I do. But let's look at this as a whole.

We just spent 2 1st rounders in 2 years on DE. And what did we get out of those 2 1st rounders this year? 10.5 sacks. Huff himself had 10 as an UDFA and we likely are letting him walk.

So it really was a very poor use of resources in these last 2 drafts if you ask me.

Now if these 2 guys can be 10 sack guys on there own in the next year or 2... that opinion changes.

Not sure where you got that from but it’s actually 17.5 sacks (10 Huff 7.5 JJ) plus the fumbles forced and recovered, the pick 6, the countless pressures and TFL’s etc etc

We got a lot more out of those two than we have from any of our 1st Rd OL

….and as you pointed out, we are likely losing the guy who got 10 sacks, so I’d say replacing him wasn’t a terrible use of resources at all.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Lots of similar smelly takes to Will McDonald in this thread, who had more sacks during his rookie campaign then JJ on a lot less snaps.  Going to be fun to watch those 2 studs do studly things together.  Maybe even w/ a lead and stuff at some point.

A lead? Those F-ing things are so cool! 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

I never understand why fans insist on giving up on players after 1 year. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I never understand why fans insist on giving up on players after 1 year. 

It's written in the SOJF bible:

Lamentations 1:4 -  "For those new to the game who cannot produce like a seasoned all-pro veteran after 4 games shall indeed be labeled a fraud.  And those who hand-picked the fraudulent shall be cleaved annually, to make room for the messiah who hand-picks the saviors at every turn."  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

So the Jets find a diamond in the rough in Huff, and you are criticizing the Jets FO for wasted resources. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

You’re doing with McDonald the same thing Facts did with JJ.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I have no idea if you even posted in here before. I just know you like necro threads. enjoy!

Oh, ok, thought it was a "you wrong!" callout, lol.

In fairness, I likely was somewhat wrong on JJ, I didn't really like his (of McDonalds) drafting tbqh, for reasons much bloviated about elsewhere.

1 hour ago, redlichtie said:

Not sure where you got that from but it’s actually 17.5 sacks (10 Huff 7.5 JJ) plus the fumbles forced and recovered, the pick 6, the countless pressures and TFL’s etc etc

We got a lot more out of those two than we have from any of our 1st Rd OL

….and as you pointed out, we are likely losing the guy who got 10 sacks, so I’d say replacing him wasn’t a terrible use of resources at all.

Huff wasnt a 1st rounder... JJ and Mc were and they combined for 10.5 sacks.

Must've not read what I wrote

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Claymation said:

So the Jets find a diamond in the rough in Huff, and you are criticizing the Jets FO for wasted resources. 

We find a diamond in the rough and are going to let him walk bc we poorly used our 1st round resources and drafted 2 DEs that really aren't making an impact. Making it where we kind of have to let Huff walk bc we have young guys we need to let play that we "hope" can put up Huff type numbers.

On 11/4/2022 at 10:31 AM, Facts said:

I said on draft day I thought this was a terrible pick and there was a reason that teams let him slide (and the Jets should have kept letting him slide).

Now he’s not even active for big games like the Patriots and Saleh said it’s partly due to “football” reasons.

Reason #2k why OP's name makes me LOL

59 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We find a diamond in the rough and are going to let him walk bc we poorly used our 1st round resources and drafted 2 DEs that really aren't making an impact. Making it where we kind of have to let Huff walk bc we have young guys we need to let play that we "hope" can put up Huff type numbers.

JJ isn't making an impact?

On 11/4/2022 at 10:31 AM, Facts said:

I said on draft day I thought this was a terrible pick and there was a reason that teams let him slide (and the Jets should have kept letting him slide).

Now he’s not even active for big games like the Patriots and Saleh said it’s partly due to “football” reasons.

This thread did not age well.  Threads like this one should be given a proper burial.  I'm sure Facts would agree with me on this.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I have no idea what the Jets are planning on doing with Huff. They could plan to sign him for all we know.

JJII has a pick 6, 7.5 sacks, 11 TFL, and a blocked punt. To say he hasn't made an impact is quite disingenuous. And while he doesn't have as many sacks or pressures as Huff, he has fewer missed tackles and more tackles for loss. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/10/2023 at 7:32 AM, extmenace said:

This. Saleh had depth on the d line. Saleh was constantly shuffling guys in and out. Johnson was eased into the role. Lawson will likely get cut this off-season and Johnson will take on a bigger role in year 2. Johnson wasn’t asked and the jets didn’t need to roll him out on 80% of the snaps. Time will tell us what we have with jermaine but I don’t think you can really say this kid is a bad, mediocre, or good player at this point. There was a reason he dropped in the draft though. With more playing time in year 2, next year will be his chance to show what he is / or isn’t.

What I said last year. Lawson was benched, not cut though.

Pretty much my same opinion with McDonald heading into next year. Just swap out JJ with McDonald and Lawson with huff and we have my same argument lol.