Zach Wilson: I Still Believe Nobody Outside of this Building Knows What They’re Talking About

JetNation

Zach Wilson

Zach Wilson spoke to the media on Thursday, he spoke about the next play mentality, taking the good and learning from the bad. When I throw the ball away, I have to throw the ball away. I can’t throw it up. Trust the defense.

He said, throwaways are frustrating, but I have to play the field position.

The most interesting part of the interview was when Zach said:
Nobody outside of this building knows what they are talking about.

A reporter said he knows, and Zach asked him, “Why did you turn down a coaching position?”

Zach smiled as he said this and went on to say he is in a great head space. Happy that the team is winning football games.

Feisty Zach is back; bring on the Patriots.

Stop by this thread in our NY Jets forum, to read the full transcript and see fan reaction.

The post Zach Wilson: I Still Believe Nobody Outside of this Building Knows What They’re Talking About appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Click here to read the full story...

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, PepPep said:

Zach was pissed after they lost to NE in their first matchup. Some said it was the first time they saw him pissed in a presser. Not sure thats true, but he sure was not the typical post-game Zach. 

I've said this before but for what its worth, the Jets (as a whole team- offense and defense) will come into this game angry and wanting revenge. I think they know they are the better team. I think they know they let one get away last time.

While this will still be a tough game, I think they come into Foxborough confident, rested, mentally prepared, and as Saleh said 'as healthy as they can be'. 

What Zach is saying about 'Nobody outside of this building knows what they are talking about' shouldn't be surprising at all. I think most players have that mentality, whether they publicly express it or not. 

For better or worse, what I like about Zach is that he is not worried about living up to his draft selection or Franchise QB status. He just wants to win games. At least thats how he comes off as to me. His true talent (or short-comings) will eventually come out regardless of the pressure he puts on himself. He just needs to do as much (or as little) as it takes to keep winning games. JMHO.    

The lost the first game to the Pats because they played angry and stupid.   Hope they come in prepared and not over confident.  The Pats bitched the Jets in the second half of the last game.  After the dumb penalty on JFM the Pats were the better team in ever phase.

If the Jets want to change the narrative, they better shut up and play hard, smart football.  The narrrative that the Jets are better is crazy talk until they actually beat them.    

31 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The lost the first game to the Pats because they played angry and stupid.   Hope they come in prepared and not over confident.  The Pats bitched the Jets in the second half of the last game.  After the dumb penalty on JFM the Pats were the better team in ever phase.

If the Jets want to change the narrative, they better shut up and play hard, smart football.  The narrrative that the Jets are better is crazy talk until they actually beat them.    

image.gif.3d6e131413892e4e719fc36c02f064f2.gif

In context, this is a far more funny exchange than anything serious or offensive.  Zach is saying people trying to read his emotions through a TV screen have no idea, and he's probably right.  Only he knows how he feels.  We can only try and figure it out from the way he reacts/acts, and everyone reacts in different ways to different emotions. 

Ultimately, it's all silly, these feelings questions.  Emotions are irrelevant. Facts on the field, outcomes and production, that's what matters.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The Dunning–Kruger effect in action.

Good one!  Had to look that one up

I do believe the latter has some merit.  I must readily admit I may simply be much smarter than most and not recognizing that many of you simply lack the mental capacity to appreciate how the Jets are trying to win.

The Dunning-Kruger effect occurs when a person's lack of knowledge and skills in a certain area cause them to overestimate their own competence. By contrast, this effect also causes those who excel in a given area to think the task is simple for everyone, and underestimate their relative abilities as well.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

In context, this is a far more funny exchange than anything serious or offensive.  Zach is saying people trying to read his emotions through a TV screen have no idea, and he's probably right.  Only he knows how he feels.  We can only try and figure it out from the way he reacts/acts, and everyone reacts in different ways to different emotions. 

Ultimately, it's all silly, these feelings questions.  Emotions are irrelevant. Facts on the field, outcomes and production, that's what matters.

I think that the fact that he follows up by busting the reporters balls about not being a coach speaks to him referring to more than just feelings.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Do you mean the confidence he has in himself or other people's confidence in him?

Yes 

3 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

You are now mad QB1 is confident? GTFO of here with that  lol.

It's not the confidence it's unearned part. He's borderline cocky and meanwhile can't read a defense. 

13 hours ago, Warfish said:

What are your thoughts on 3-1 Taylor Heinicke?

Honestly, I haven't seen Washington play so it's tough to say and don't really know how they're winning.  I try not to pretend I know something by simply looking a few numbers on a page.

With that said he's a 5th year vet - doing enough to win so I surely wouldn't be calling him a bum.  

Looks to be playing solid football.  Let him win 2 more in a row and that will start to be truly impressive.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Honestly, I haven't seen Washington play so it's tough to say and don't really know how they're winning.  I try not to pretend I know something by simply looking a few numbers on a page.

With that said he's a 5th year vet - doing enough to win so I surely wouldn't be calling him a bum.  

Looks to be playing solid football.  Let him win 2 more in a row and that will start to be truly impressive.

You are a funny guy, my friend.

• Haha 1