"The Jets are The Jets"

Green Truth

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Everyone, the media, our own fans, etc. have all made it sound like it's Zach Wilson vs. the World.  Zach vs. the Pats, Zach vs. Belichick, Zach vs. Mac Jones.  He certainly gets the attention because of his last game vs NE but let's see the whole team rally around him and play like it did vs Buffalo.

This, and hopefully some time this weekend before the game the veteran leaders sit him down and let him know the team has his back they in this together, that would go a long way imo.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Greg555 said:

This game will impact me emotionally - (in one direction or the other) more than any other game so far this season.  

I'm pumped for it, but admittedly, bracing at the same time.

Winds, up to 25 mph, will limit the passing game for both.

Saleh & Co better be able to match wits with BB.   Huge test for them in addition to obviously - the players.

Oh man… that’s a great point but I think there is a range of wind speed that will affect Zach way less than Mac.   Might be a great day if the wind is in that range.

I was down after the Corey Davis news but this give me hope again for a Pats Azz kicking.  

Yea the jets are the jets and guess what, we’re currently the more fundamentally sound team on both lines of scrimmage as well as special teams. Willing to bet BB is jealous as f*ck of that right now. 
He's beaten us like 13 times in a row.

There is nothing to be jealous of.

Sent from the NY Jets /Zack Wilson Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Greg555 said:

Winds, up to 25 mph, will limit the passing game for both.

Saleh & Co better be able to match wits with BB.   Huge test for them in addition to obviously - the players.

My impression is that Saleh knows how to think on his feet.  Learning curve on the upswing.  Go Jets!

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

As hard as it is to believe, the jets are actually the better, more talented team in this game.  they have to overcome the mental block of the patriots* but realistically the pats* just aren’t that good, particularly on offense. 

Unfortunately the math portion of the game is 55%.

Defense has has the off week to build themselves into a bit of a frenzy. The last game against the Pats is near enough in recent memory so that it still stings.  I expect us to go out and really punch them in the mouth on Sunday.

On the other side of the ball they going to expect a heavy dose of run from the Jets and even more so given the "strong winds" weather forecast.  I am really not sure what to expect at all but if I were to guess I think some early completions would do wonders to open up the run game for us.

All in all the under might be an attractive bet..

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

This is a MUST win for the Jets. 13 losses in a row and it needs to stop. This is the turning point of this rebuild.  The Pats are our arch-enemy. Any respectability in the NFL for us must go through first beating the Pats. We need to kick their azzes so other teams realize - These aint the same ole Jets.  And it's time for Zach to have the game of his career. He needs to make good on that SNY commercial.  

P.S.  Bring out Bart Scott as a captain at the coin toss.  

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

Not to mention that the Jets have lost the last 6 games in a row played after the bye week.  Still, the Jets can win the game.  Will they?  That's the huge question.

LOL, did anyone actually bother to look up the context of this quote?  BB NEVER talks sh*t about an opponent, and all of a sudden he's going to say something outrageously unprofessional like, "hey, the Jets still suck, just so you know?"  

A reporter asked him a question about Saleh using defensive schemes from his time with San Fran, as well as concepts used by Pete Carroll in Seattle.  When he said "The Jets are the Jets," he meant the Jets have their own defensive identity, and it shouldn't be compared to what other teams are using or have used in the past.  That's it.  He then went on to praise the Jets' scheme like he usually does.  

Some jagoff took his quote completely out of context with the sole purpose of twisting everyone's panties, and it worked perfectly. Lmao. 

Here's the actual transcript:

Q: For them defensively, have they changed much in [Robert] Saleh's time there in terms of what they run? Do they for instance use more sort of two high safety coverages as opposed to sort of that Cover 3 [Pete] Carroll scheme?

BB: Yeah, that's what Saleh did in San Francisco.

Q: He did the Cover 3 stuff right?

BB: Well, I'd say what he did in San Francisco is what he's doing now which is a little different than what Pete [Carroll] does or did.

Q: Ok, alright.

BB: Again, the Jets are the Jets. They have their way of doing things and there's a foundation from another system, or another time, or another team, but you're talking about a couple teams now. San Francisco to Seattle, right now the Jets are the Jets.

Q: Is there anything about their front that allows them to play the style they do on the back end?

BB: Yeah, they've been playing that way for multiple years. So, they have their way of doing things and they've been very successful with it. They've had a lot of good front seven players, defensive lineman especially, they play them. They've got good linebackers and they do a good job at communicating and getting their things right in the secondary. So, a good defense.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, TenYardFight said:

LOL, did anyone actually bother to look up the context of this quote?  BB NEVER talks sh*t about an opponent, and all of a sudden he's going to say something outrageously unprofessional like, "hey, the Jets still suck, just so you know?"  

A reporter asked him a question about Saleh using defensive schemes from his time with San Fran, as well as concepts used by Pete Carroll in Seattle.  When he said "The Jets are the Jets," he meant the Jets have their own defensive identity, and it shouldn't be compared to what other teams are using or have used in the past.  That's it.  He then went on to praise the Jets' scheme like he usually does.  

Some jagoff took his quote completely out of context with the sole purpose of twisting everyone's panties, and it worked perfectly. Lmao. 

Here's the actual transcript:

Wow, the guy didn't use the quote correctly either. That's awful. Should have had more ellipses and it wasn't even in the right order.

Also did you join just to say this?

• Haha 3

On 11/18/2022 at 2:22 PM, Green Truth said:

I get the confidence but this should be played loudly on the bus up to New England over and over again. Between every song over the sound system.

This dude is so smug. I get it The Jets have not beat them in forever and he has the rings to prove it, but its time to let the young bucks know that this is the evil empire and its time to finally stick it where the sun don't shine.

receipt taken

On 11/18/2022 at 2:22 PM, Green Truth said:

I get the confidence but this should be played loudly on the bus up to New England over and over again. Between every song over the sound system.

This dude is so smug. I get it The Jets have not beat them in forever and he has the rings to prove it, but its time to let the young bucks know that this is the evil empire and its time to finally stick it where the sun don't shine.

This is just BB being an ass to the media. It has no bearing on the Jets and everything to do with him not answering a question which is BB being BB

22 hours ago, EM31 said:

Defense has has the off week to build themselves into a bit of a frenzy. The last game against the Pats is near enough in recent memory so that it still stings.  I expect us to go out and really punch them in the mouth on Sunday.

On the other side of the ball they going to expect a heavy dose of run from the Jets and even more so given the "strong winds" weather forecast.  I am really not sure what to expect at all but if I were to guess I think some early completions would do wonders to open up the run game for us.

All in all the under might be an attractive bet..

Strong winds will work in our favor since Zippy has better zip on the ball than Mac the Wack.  I can see interceptions on a day like this but we will have to wait and see how it affects the game plan on either side. Belicheat is no dummy. He will not put Jones out to dry and force passes on a windy day. Hopefully, LaFleur has the same restraint.

2 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Most correct !  Tommy Boy has a ring without Beliprick. BB has garbage since Cindy left. 

While I want to beat BB in the worst way, let's not kid ourselves.  The guy is still a tremendous HC (I think the GOAT HC).

He won 11 games with Matt Cassell one year. 

He won 10 games last year with Mac freakin' Jones.

And his defenses always give young QBs fits.