Zach missing a WIDE OPEN Mims

Rhg1084

22 minutes ago, Hansen said:

Let’s ignore the huge drop Mims had in the first quarter why don’t we. 

He did have a big drop. It was an easy catch that he didn't make. It still doesn't take away from the missed receivers and poorly thrown balls that Wilson had yesterday and practically every game he plays. There is no defending his poor play. He is the main reason they lost both games to the Pats AINEC. 

• Upvote 3

The sidearm sling to berrios that went 10 feet over his head. is the first play I would show Wilson. 

The jets have to get at why he does those things and fix it. If it’s just for fun Favre used to do the same thing. Call Favre and ask him to talk Zach lol

13 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

The execution wasn’t there. It was evident from 3 quarter in to the naked eye. Coaches had to see it before. Good coaches adjust. MLF had a bad day in that aspect. Let’s say his game plan would’ve worked with decent QB play (I believe it would’ve), he had to see early on that it just wasn’t gonna work with ZW. He also had to know he was stuck with ZW. He should’ve tried to attack it differently just to try something else 

Not passing the blame. Zach was terrible. I think MLF is a good coach. Today was not one of his better days when he had to make major adjustments do to things outside his control 

The Coach who was the worst was Saleh. He should've pulled Zach at half time and didn't. It cost the Jets the game. 

32 minutes ago, Titan24 said:

100% the QB was a mess probably seeing 15 DBs out there…..scared of the turnover etc.  Surely the turnover thing has been beaten into his head. Playing scared, looking at the rush, not downfield, confused etc….

Exactly he didn’t trust what his eyes are telling him 

38 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This was all game long.

People are like “but Mike LaFkeur”, but the receivers were there, open and ready… the plays were not made. 

Listen, we’ve seen this system produce most of our adult lives. It’s not a “but the play calls” problem when the QB isn’t recognizing opportunity, making throws, and/or making awful throws.

This game was all about execution.

What is maddening is when Darnold was here the skill players they couldn’t get open!

Now the QB can’t or wont throw to guys who are open, this is CRAZY!!

35 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Agreed.  While MLF didn't call the best game, the plays were there and receivers were open.  I believe the speed of the game is too fast for him which is why he doesn't make quick decisions and holds the ball too long.  

I'm not sure this is correctable and we don't have the time for him to correct this when we are in the playoff hunt.

Mike White isn't the answer but has at least shown in his limited playing time that he will get the ball out fast and can throw an accurate short ball.  This is what we need at this very moment to win games.    

It’s correctable, it just takes about 8 years of riding the pine to learn the game and hopefully get another shot: Geno Smith, Rich Gannon, Brad Johnson, etc. 

100% the QB was a mess probably seeing 15 DBs out there…..scared of the turnover etc.  Surely the turnover thing has been beaten into his head. Playing scared, looking at the rush, not downfield, confused etc….
The more I think about it..I would have taken 2 picks yesterday.. maybe that would have loosened him up a bit...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Larz said:

The sidearm sling to berrios that went 10 feet over his head. is the first play I would show Wilson. 

The jets have to get at why he does those things and fix it. If it’s just for fun Favre used to do the same thing. Call Favre and ask him to talk Zach lol

but, he's does this, all the time.  I dont know think you can coach it out of him, it is who he is, a fundamental atrocity. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

Favre was the king of fun balls. It was coached out of him. That’s my point 

no it wasnt.  lol  

Favre was always Favre but Wilson isnt anything like him.  This is just as careless as the Mahomes comparisons.  I dont care what talent Wilson has or what his arm or angles blah blah blah, he sucks.  It doesnt matter if you have it if you cant do it.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

Zach Wilson has made ally of knowitalls look really stupid. 

He has been inaccurate and missing wide open guys all season...the only difference is there isn't 2 or 3 throws they can fanboy over yesterday and they didn't rush for 200 yards and bail him out.

31 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Like I said, cant wait to see the All 22, he was missing guys wide open all day long.  Everything Lil Mikey tried, he'd get a guy open, Zach wouldnt pull the trigger or just missed the WR.  I saw it on at least 5 occasions that were obvious on a limited angle from the coverage.  This one obviously hurt the most because it basically was the game winner. 

I'm not blamiing La Fleur. He's been limited for 2 years because he has to play Cobra Kai, for some reason BB is the only one that has figured out how to defend Cobra Kai. Unless La Fleur is going to start playing QB, I don't know what else to expect out of him. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I think when push comes to shoves.  He doesn't seem tough enough to play the position.

Meaning his nerves just aren't strong enough to withhold the pressure required to be an NFL QB.

I hate saying this I really do but it's becoming very hard to defend him.

I agree with you. 

46 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Can't argue against that ... I just can't explain it other than QB castration by the staff. Something is ******* with Zachs head. Or he is literally the worst QB in the history of the game.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

It's all in the kids head.  His last two games against the Pats were so predictable if you take off the rose colored glasses.

In the first game, there was all this, "slay the dragon" hype, Jets have a winning streak going, Jets are the surprise team of the NFL, blah blah, blah....all that hype, in his head, he plays with reckless abandon and throws the game away.

Fast forward 3 weeks...the narrative was the Jets can win this game, as long as Zach doesn't give it away.

What does he do, play ultra conservative and afraid to throw the ball to wide open receivers he's staring directly at.

I don't think this will ever be fixable.

1 hour ago, BallinPB said:

Agreed.  While MLF didn't call the best game, the plays were there and receivers were open.  I believe the speed of the game is too fast for him which is why he doesn't make quick decisions and holds the ball too long.  

I'm not sure this is correctable and we don't have the time for him to correct this when we are in the playoff hunt.

Mike White isn't the answer but has at least shown in his limited playing time that he will get the ball out fast and can throw an accurate short ball.  This is what we need at this very moment to win games.    

Here’s the thing. How can we determine if he called a good/bad game? If Zach simply completed the 5 passes that he threw over heads or into the dirt it may have been a win. The play calls are only questioned when the execution fails.

• Upvote 3

58 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

The execution wasn’t there. It was evident from 3 quarter in to the naked eye. Coaches had to see it before. Good coaches adjust. MLF had a bad day in that aspect. Let’s say his game plan would’ve worked with decent QB play (I believe it would’ve), he had to see early on that it just wasn’t gonna work with ZW. He also had to know he was stuck with ZW. He should’ve tried to attack it differently just to try something else 

Not passing the blame. Zach was terrible. I think MLF is a good coach. Today was not one of his better days when he had to make major adjustments do to things outside his control 

When the offense goes 3-and-out in 45 seconds 8+ times in a game, there’s no room for experimentation and changing it up. We could complete basic passes and that was with them loading the box to take the run away.

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

When the offense goes 3-and-out in 45 seconds 8+ times in a game, there’s no room for experimentation and changing it up. We could complete basic passes and that was with them loading the box to take the run away.

Your not wrong but when you can’t complete a basic pass and your stuck with the player. You gotta try anything else 

Makes you wonder if ZW keeps score in his head regarding who is in his doghouse regarding receivers and who will or won't get a pass from him. It will be interesting to see how many targets G Wilson does or doesn't get vs Chicago. ZW may actually be that petty. His after game comments regarding how he has issues with his receivers were revealing and a slip up on his part.

Does he still have his own personal QB coach?

Wilson had a “seeing ghosts” performance yesterday: 

skipped a pass to a wide open Moore on third down in the first drive. 

underthrew Mims down the sideline. No call on Offensive PI 

overthrew mims which just so happened to have Moore behind him for a 13 yard catch.

sailed it over Berrios to the sideline

underthrew Ty Johnson down the sideline… why the f**k is he out there in the first place?! 

sailed it over Conklin over the middle, should have been a pic at the end of the half. 

sailed it over mims to the sideline… again

missed GW early on a slant route, GW big mad. 

off target on a tip toe grab from Moore that took him out of bounds late in the 4th. 

missed a wide open Moore on the last sideline throw to Carter. 

vet backups should be licking their chops for next year when AVT and Breece return. 

This team can win some playoff games if half these types of throws are completed. 

• Upvote 1