Schefter: Zach Not Starting Sunday, White to Start

JetsFanatic

52 minutes ago, WhartonJet said:

If Mike White is a perfect fit for the system, why did they play the corpse of Joe Flacco for 3 games?

if i had to take a guess maybe they though he would play good enough that they would look bad to bench him? and they wanted , they needed to see more of Zach. now they have.

4 more days before we find out for sure

4 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

So it's a huge loss for this franchise if that's the case. He's only 22, right? Coin flip says we lose to the Bears and then win 5. Maybe he's down for a game and plays well the rest of the year.

The Great Coin of Destiny made me believe Zach would get 1 more start and blow it against Da Bears and then the switch would be made and we would run to the AFCC game, so now I am terrified of how things will work play out.  But I trust in The Coin.

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Mike White was a good technician and tore the Bengals up by taking all of the underneath stuff to the tune of 277 YAC. Slowly but surely after that they D's took away the short stuff and dared White to beat them deep. Before his injury against the Colts, he had some success doing this, but against the Bills, it was disastrous. I expect the Bears to take away the short stuff and dare White to go deep. He's got the weapons to do so. I hope he has worked on that part of his game knowing it was how D's chose to attack him. 

This.

In the end, I think Mike was unable to overcome NFL defenses for that exact reason.  Yet I remain optimistic.  Why?  A comparison of the starting players. 

Mike made due with the tight ends Wesco, Griffen and Kroft.  His WRs were Corey Davis, Elijah Moore, Keelan Cole, Berrios Crowder and Smith.  The additions of the tight ends Uzomah and Conklin alone transform the Jets O.  When you add in Garrett Wilson and the likely resurrection of both Moore and Mims.  Well . . . I see real reason for optimism. 

Moreover, the poor pass blocking of the Jets makeshift offensive line will be far less of a problem for Mike White than it was for Zach.  Mike gets rid of it in a jiffy, the way the play is called.  Mike knows what he is going to do, there is no hesitation.  Even with the loss of Hall, I believe that the current backs are better.  I have a lot of faith in James Robinson.  His inspirational three carries for 40 yards starting from the five against the Bills are now the stuff of Jet legend.  And he can pass block too.

Lastly, I have true faith that when we run a pass play which calls for a quick slant that Mike will know that it is the FIRST READ.  So if it is there, he will hit that five yard pass like he snaps his fingers.  The three young WRs are drooling for the chance to prove him right.  Me too.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

He sucks no doubt but sadly he’s better than Peter Pan not by much.

Well a lot of us knew we should have been looking at white and flacco and a project qb to begin with.  No excuse for not having a better backup situation.  White will for sure be better than wilson though as long as he does not have a lot of turnovers.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Mike135 said:

Glad Zach is being held accountable for playing like dog sh#+.

But temper expectations...

In his lone NFL regular-season action in 2021, White made four appearances (three starts) and completed 66.7 percent of his 132 pass attempts for 953 yards, five touchdowns and eight interceptions while losing one yard on five rush attempts.

Totally different team/situation this year. Balls to the wall defense who gets you field position more conducive to scoring and an actual OL that can open holes 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

MW is notoriously fragile, odds say Zach will see the field again, even IF MW plays well Sunday.

Which is why I'm particularly happy that Saleh is deactivating Wilson this Sunday.  No chance we see him for at least 1 full week.  If White gets hurt, Flacco and Streveler get to figure things out between the 2 of them.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The big worry with mike white is turnovers.  8 interceptions in 4 games is frightening.

All but two were garbage time throws trying to make something happen.  We were already out of it. 

I also think that Garret Wilson, Mims and Moore will undergo a resurrection.  Add in Conklin and Uzomah and he has weapons.  Those tight ends were made for his short game. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, clayton163v said:

All but two were garbage time throws trying to make something happen.  We were already out of it. 

I also think that Garret Wilson, Mims and Moore will undergo a resurrection.  Add in Conklin and Uzomah and he has weapons.  Those tight ends were made for his short game. 

We KILLED firzpatrick for throwing ints trying to make things happen.

We will see, like i said before at least there is zero excuse for the offense and the receivers now.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, WhartonJet said:

If Mike White is a perfect fit for the system, why did they play the corpse of Joe Flacco for 3 games?

1) Saleh loves Flacco

2) Speculation:  They didn't want White to play well while Wilson was hurt and turn things into a QB competition.  Much like last year when they buried White on the depth chart.  It was much easier to go back from Flacco to Wilson than from White to Wilson.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Oatmeal gonna 'meal'

yellow-mealworm-Tenebrio-molitor-larva.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

What’s wrong with you? You’ve been carrying on like a two year old over Wilson for weeks now. You were never like this before, but lately you’ve become unbearable.

Here’s a tip for you, it’s very rare when the guy who thinks he’s the smartest person in the room actually is. 
Zach got benched. He isn’t your son. Grow up and deal with the fact that things didn’t go your way here.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Davis Mills also benched.  That draft class has to be one of the most overrated QB classes ever.

Meanwhile, if White, somehow, manages to become something, the 2018 class suddenly looks really good again.

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Totally different team/situation this year. Balls to the wall defense who gets you field position more conducive to scoring and an actual OL that can open holes 

Yeah….that OL really opened some holes last Sunday boy oh boy…

listen, I hope White is successful, but if we can’t run the ball and the R side of our OL is Feeney/Ogbuehi, it willl be difficult. They need Herbig back at least. If Mitchell can play he’d be an upgrade over Ogbuehi too. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I disagree. I think there are almost none of either.  Can you point to any of these other Aaron Rodgers? 

It used to be mostly the rule back in the day.  Now its the exception.  Off the top of my head.  Steve Young, Philip Rivers, Drew Brees, Carson Palmer, Mahomes.

Kids who don't have a great deal of fundamental technique thats ironed into their muscle memory usually need a lot of reps outside of the contact element.  Once things are live and people are about to hurt you, all of the blah blah blah the coaches teach goes right out the window and you might only retain a few percent.  ZW is basically a poster child for this, and Saleh more or less said as much.  Worse it creates all sorts of bad habits that easily can become hardwired.

And compared to the guys above as rookies, I would say he was/is significantly more raw than them.  Its hard to really find a qb in recent times who has a profile like ZW..

• Upvote 1

What’s wrong with you? You’ve been carrying on like a two year old over Wilson for weeks now. You were never like this before, but lately you’ve become unbearable.
Here’s a tip for you, it’s very rare when the guy who thinks he’s the smartest person in the room actually is. 
Zach got benched. He isn’t your son. Grow up and deal with the fact that things didn’t go your way here.
I think the fact the unbearable Mike White crowd is feeling vindicated ... as if somehow the circumstances were a reflection of anything other than horrible meltdown has worn me down so much that maybe I have been reacting like a douche. Actually appreciate the call out ...

... But seeing this as anything other than a colossal failure is just wearing blinders.

The biggest plus is that the front office is acting with consistency and like professionals ... Hopefully it is rewarded.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2