“Why me?” -ZW

Paradis

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Hughes is such a dummy, and u guys are eating it up....its comical. I am not even sure Saleh was saying that as a relay of the actual conversation, it was just something that he said in passing.

I can't emphasize this enough - this is a classic case of a young reporter with a big ego thinking it's all about him. He has been trash from the beginning. Let's not give this guy any satisfaction - I've stopped following him and everyone that loves the Jets should do the same. We don't need the beat writers in this day and age. It's all info that we'll get 5 minutes later anyhow. His idol must be Cimini.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Talk about sling blade level EQ - how do you have this little insight? You can’t be a franchise QB and be this clueless… 

dude has 8 months to grow up and show up a man. 

3DE75325-6337-4805-B7AD-64DAC5AF4A16.jpeg

That was kind of an off hand / spot of the moment response by Saleh to the question.

I think both you and Connor are being way more literal with it than Saleh intended. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Just about every reported covering the presser shared this quote.  Not sure why everyone wants to sh*t on Connor.  

Every one of those comes off different than Connor's did. For example, leading with quotes, not stating who was being quoted. Huge differences. Format matters. He's probably being intentionally misleading.

"Listen Connor, just as I tell my children, the way you say something matters." 

• Upvote 2

The only possible way ZW says why me, is if its widely accepted that many many people on the offense are making mistakes and not just him. If everyone is watching film together and he is the only one making mistake after mistake, and he said this, he is dumber than a stump and never should have been drafted and never should have been handed the starting job.

What this tells me is he is the one being held accountable while tons of mistakes are being made on offense. Which is fine with me, but thats the only thing that makes any sense.

I think its time to move on from ZW. let him go after this season and see if he can ressurect his career with another team, his time here is completely done

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Connor’s agenda aside - if ZW would have responded in a “hey I get it, I need to go back to square one and get my act together, figure this out” - Rob would have shared that. 

The amount excuses being afforded ZW is insane. Sauce is a rookie and has shown 10000x more grace and leadership than our QB. Spare me the sympathy campaign. 

There's truth in that, but the press is happy to take it over the top, so there's that too. And it is indeed shocking that Zach, whatever his exact words, doesn't seem to see his major role in the loss to NE. That's sobering to say the least.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Paradis said:

how do you have this little insight? You can’t be a franchise QB and be this clueless… 

dude has 8 months to grow up and show up a man. 

3DE75325-6337-4805-B7AD-64DAC5AF4A16.jpeg

I listened to the press conference.  I didn't hear this.  Did I miss it,  or more drivel from this clown?

Anyone thinking Zach Wilson will return as QB for the Jets I have a bridge to sell you.

And no he’s not Tua, or Hurts he’s more like jamarcus Russell, Ryan leaf, stop comparing him to anyone but the all time bust. 

it’s over Zach Wilson stans he’s a bust and done  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • Ugh 1

10 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

I can't emphasize this enough - this is a classic case of a young reporter with a big ego thinking it's all about him. He has been trash from the beginning. Let's not give this guy any satisfaction - I've stopped following him and everyone that loves the Jets should do the same. We don't need the beat writers in this day and age. It's all info that we'll get 5 minutes later anyhow. His idol must be Cimini.

Hughes will be as bad as Dick Chimney as the years go by. Disgruntled, trying to stay relevant and ear a paycheck in a dying industry.

• Upvote 1

Connor’s agenda aside - if ZW would have responded in a “hey I get it, I need to go back to square one and get my act together, figure this out” - Rob would have shared that. 

The amount excuses being afforded ZW is insane. Sauce is a rookie and has shown 10000x more grace and leadership than our QB. Spare me the sympathy campaign. 

This

And all these same people had no problem completely destroying Moore 

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, oatmeal said:

Anyone thinking Zach Wilson will return as QB for the Jets I have a bridge to sell you.

And no he’s not Tua, or Hurts he’s more like jamarcus Russell, Ryan leaf, stop comparing him to anyone but the all time bust. 

it’s over Zach Wilson stans he’s a bust and done  

dopemeal at it again.

I dont disagree with any of this, he could have handled it better.hence the benching but I saw the press conference and didnt take that statement the way its being played up. 

I guess it's just how you percieve it....and I have ZERO sympathy for the kid. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SuicidalSince98 said:

You are eating up a piece of out of context BS like a gulable little girl 

Get over it. Have you no role models for success in your life? This is how business is done. You act with conviction. The lockerroom and coach have spoken. 

• Upvote 3