MIKE WHITE

T0mShane

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Well yeah.  Golden Boy struggles to throw for 100+ yards a game and we're gaslit for a year and a half to think he's making "progress".  

Mike White has a 300+ yard, 3 TD game (his 2nd in 4 starts) and far too many here are assuming he's going to crumble and/or are looking to move on as soon as he has a single bad game.  What gives here?  Can't you get excited about a QB who actually, you know, produces?

PVO dude.  PVO.  Take that negativity to another thread.

I was just asking what do we do if it happens! I didn’t mention benching him. Geesh. It’s gonna be okay…White will lead us to the promise land. All will be OK

3 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

We know that White is capable of playing smart football and successfully running our offense. But for how long. Let’s see how it goes. A few weeks ago Zach beat the Bills and now he’s 3rd string things obviously change. 

He threw for 158 yards in that game.  

2 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I was just asking what do we do if it happens! I didn’t mention benching him. Geesh. It’s gonna be okay…White will lead us to the promise land. All will be OK

Simple answer:  Keep playing him, because one bad game shouldn’t get him benched or push Wilson up the depth chart.  

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Or Bryce Huff swinging around going 35MPH with a LT who can hardly move. Where did I read it a few weeks ago after Breece Hall ran a TD at a what was clocked as the fastest run all year  

According to Next Gen Stats, Hall's top speed of 21.87 MPH sets a record for the 2022 season. Breece Hall reached a top speed of 21.87 mph on his 62-yd TD run, the fastest speed reached by a ball carrier this season.

Huff is the real deal.  He bends the edge.  He has enough strength that a late drop step from the tackle is not going to get there with enough to make a difference.  It takes more than a chicken wing to stop him and with his speed that is all they get.  He has feasted late on tired OLs.  That is his job and he does it well.  Lately, he does it better than Lawson.  I suspect Lawson would be more productive coming off the bench but I am not going to criticize Saleh. 

The guy I am looking forward to today is Clemons.  His bull rush game is suited for late in the season when the opponents are banged up and worn down.  Then in comes Michael Clemons with fresh legs.  Heh.  The Jets have slowly but surely increased his snaps.  He has shown some fine lane discipline recently.  He crashes down the line of scrimmage well - an unappreciated field of endeavor.  But the lane discipline comes only with experience.  It takes a human mind to hold your position instead of chasing the play even if you do not see anything initially.  Especially when you are trying to hustle.  

Clemons will be facing the Minnesota backup at LT.  Looking forward to it.  It is one of today's key matchups.  Against both the run and the pass.   

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, fullblast said:

Quesenberry is the guy who Huff beat when Allen injured his elbow. Hope he has to play again next week.

So he is a berry not a bush.  Heh.   I hope he plays too.  He could not block the Pats at all.  Without Dawkins, the Bills are hobbled.  It is what would have happened to us were it not for old man Brown. 

46 minutes ago, Larz said:

Jets instagram just posted an obviously orchestrated Flying V mighty ducks bit with MW wearing a jersey with a C on it 

??

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClwDQR7twY2/?igshid=MWI4MTIyMDE=

“Jets fly together” CJ  Uzomah

That’s Fun*ing great!  Wilson is out,  his insecurities just went next level. Damn he must of did a number on that locker room. I don’t care what anyone says out there. 

2 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

“Jets fly together” CJ  Uzomah

That’s Fun*ing great!  Wilson is out,  his insecurities just went next level. Damn he must of did a number on that locker room. I don’t care what anyone says out there. 

No questions about it. They are pushing his face in it like he’ll never be back 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, clayton163v said:

Huff is the real deal.  He bends the edge.  He has enough strength that a late drop step from the tackle is not going to get there with enough to make a difference.  It takes more than a chicken wing to stop him and with his speed that is all they get.  He has feasted late on tired OLs.  That is his job and he does it well.  Lately, he does it better than Lawson.  I suspect Lawson would be more productive coming off the bench but I am not going to criticize Saleh. 

The guy I am looking forward to today is Clemons.  His bull rush game is suited for late in the season when the opponents are banged up and worn down.  Then in comes Michael Clemons with fresh legs.  Heh.  The Jets have slowly but surely increased his snaps.  He has shown some fine lane discipline recently.  He crashes down the line of scrimmage well - an unappreciated field of endeavor.  But the lane discipline comes only with experience.  It takes a human mind to hold your position instead of chasing the play even if you do not see anything initially.  Especially when you are trying to hustle.  

Clemons will be facing the Minnesota backup at LT.  Looking forward to it.  It is one of today's key matchups.  Against both the run and the pass.   

Excellent analysis and post

8 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

How does he come back from this? Don’t see how he can be on this team after all this. 

Or would want to be ... send the kid to Green Bay, SF or NE .. all three will need QBs next year.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, FTL Jet Fan said:

How does he come back from this? Don’t see how he can be on this team after all this. 

I don’t see how. The players are acting like they know he won’t be back or they are sending a message to JD and Saleh that they don’t want him back. 

the bit last week with the Wilson jerseys on sale, now MW is wearing Charlie Conways captain jersey. 

It will leak out eventually what happened, we can’t be the only ones noticing, Cimini or someone will start digging into this 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Larz said:

I don’t see how. The players are acting like they know he won’t be back or they are sending a message to JD and Saleh that they don’t want him back. 

the bit last week with the Wilson jerseys on sale, now MW is wearing Charlie Conways captain jersey. 

It will leak out eventually what happened, we can’t be the only ones noticing, Cimini or someone will start digging into this 

Absolutely, media is going to be all over this one like blood in the water. Especially if White plays well today.  Love that he has the C on his chest, to me that is the team saying we actually chose our Captain. Never thought team actually voted ZW team captain. Probably CS did it to boost his morale.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Pretty devastated, but only because I think White can be so good. Yes, he threw for a lot of yards and was pretty clutch, but it’s hard not to notice that he’s missing that 5 MPH on his fastball, and that cost him a bunch of completions and *probably* the TD to Berrios. He has to stick it in there on those in-breaking routes or his receivers have to fight it out for everything they get on those patterns. 

In sum, Mike White is good, but if he wants to be a QB1, he needs to get stronger and bigger to find that extra juice. He’s 85% of the way there, but there’s work to do. 

The timing is not perfect yet but it's only game two for him; it will come. He had a very good day.  

• Upvote 3
  • Ugh 1

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Pretty devastated, but only because I think White can be so good. Yes, he threw for a lot of yards and was pretty clutch, but it’s hard not to notice that he’s missing that 5 MPH on his fastball, and that cost him a bunch of completions and *probably* the TD to Berrios. He has to stick it in there on those in-breaking routes or his receivers have to fight it out for everything they get on those patterns. 

In sum, Mike White is good, but if he wants to be a QB1, he needs to get stronger and bigger to find that extra juice. He’s 85% of the way there, but there’s work to do. 

Ehhh I think you're nitpicking here a bit. He made some big throws into tight windows today. I think his arm is fine. We faced an opportunistic defense that played lights out in the red zone. Our receivers also made crucial drops at the worst times. 

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Agreed.  There are some limitations but you can win games with him and he's gutty as heck.  MLF was the main culprit today, if you ask me.  His idiotic red zone play calling probably cost us a shot to win.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

White was not good in the first half(the entire team was bad) 

and good in the 2nd half but he had to complete that long pass to Wilson who was wide open and an easy 80 yard TD for the win

QBs don’t throw 100% accurate… both guys missed some throws.

Mike white getting drilled and then making a 4th down throw is more indication of what type of QB he is.

• Upvote 1

Overall a positive day. The 4th and 10 throw after getting rocked was epic. He put the ball right on berrios too. 

Now that the bills have another game to look at and will presumably have Milano and Poyer back he’s got a great test next week. 

id bring a safety in the box and play coverage inside out and make him take outside and deep. Most QBs that’s a death wish but it may become the book on white. 

• Upvote 2