MIKE WHITE

T0mShane

50 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

exactly. not another cent even for scouting into "blue-chip QBs" or "established FA vets" from this organization. This org can't draft QBs for sh*t and we aren't much better with the FA market in general let alone signings (Cousins fiasco comes to mind...) 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

Now you're being deliberately obtuse. And I'm not one who thinks you're a troll. Jets were winning despite ZW. If you can't see that, then there's nothing I can say to change your mind. 

Yes, my point wasn't that Zach was overall good in those games (sorry if it came across that way) but he was winning and I was good with that.  He did keep the team in games and came up with drives when necessary.  It was still not particularly smooth though and it never felt like he was running the offense the way they wanted, but wins are good.  He had a couple of good games like in Pittsburg and Buffalo.  To me he was showing real growth and then ran into Belly and regressed back to his worst days - and def. deserved to be benched.

So my point was - I was good with what he was doing because the team was winning.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiFields said:

The Zach cult is standing tall right now, gloating, proud the Jets lost, feeling themselves because Braxton Berrios dropped a pass he catches 99 out of 100 times.

Yeah, they are the tallest midgets in the room.  I would be quiet considering the offense is a billion times better under White. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Be_a_Jet said:

That sounds good but you are over thinking it. 

Development of talent is important but winning is more important. And if you are worried that Mike White will Lull us into mediocrity until all lose their jobs then you underestimate Saleh and JD.

Zach will have a better opportunity to develop as a back up then as a sh*tty starter. Locker room has no faith in him - his opportunity to play again will happen but prob next year. 

in addition, development doesn’t only apply to high draft picks. Mike White is only 27 and he has something that will likely plague Zach no matter how hard he practices…vision - he sees the field much better. If they develop Mike that will also allow everyone to keep their jobs. 

I

Winning while developing talent is the ultimate option.

I’m sorry, but no one inside the Jets organization believes Mike White is their long-term QB. You’re playing him now because how Zach handled the press conference. The coaches won’t say it but that’s the reality… no players were talking to Zach on Monday or Tuesday after the game; they were pissed, Zach beat himself up over it, and Saleh decided this was the best way forward for the time being. He’s not afraid of the team revolting when he decides to put Zach back in; he expects them to be pros and thinks Zach has learned his lesson. 

I don’t know why fans won’t give up on it but it’s the truth. Whether MW were 17, 27, or 37 isn’t the point… his ceiling is capped. Maybe not statistically speaking because the scheme can always evolve, but ability speaking. 

27 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Wilson should have been a 5th round project QB who sat for years.

He has never shown once he was worthy of a first round selection. He has been the worst QB in the NFL since he started playing and has shown 0 signs of improvement.

This whole "he could be a top 5 QB" stuff is comical and delusional. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that he could be.

2nd round based upon that pro-day

5 minutes ago, JiFields said:

The Zach cult is standing tall right now, gloating, proud the Jets lost, feeling themselves because Braxton Berrios dropped a pass he catches 99 out of 100 times.

No one is doing this lol. As far as I can read everyone is unanimous that Mike White is currently the best option to run this offense. The discord is that if the QB isn’t the primary driver for wins and losses, you might as well do it with Wilson because you need to get him the reps and try to get the most out of him while also being competitive. 

Some fans are living in the present. Others want more than that.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

I’m sorry, but no one inside the Jets organization believes Mike White is their long-term QB. You’re playing him now because how Zach handled the press conference. The coaches won’t say it but that’s the reality… no players were talking to Zach on Monday or Tuesday after the game; they were pissed, Zach beat himself up over it, and Saleh decided this was the best way forward for the time being. He’s not afraid of the team revolting when he decides to put Zach back in; he expects them to be pros and thinks Zach has learned his lesson. 

I don’t know why fans won’t give up on it but it’s the truth. Whether MW were 17, 27, or 37 isn’t the point… his ceiling is capped. Maybe not statistically speaking because the scheme can always evolve, but ability speaking. 

So you think they're going back to Zach this year?  

I can't see it.   Zach needs to win a quarterback competition next year. 

you treat Mike White like some kind of conspiracy theory

13 minutes ago, football guy said:

If they were to make the playoffs both this year and next year I think they would get a pass if Zach doesn’t improve. But they are well aware that their best shot at being here long-term is by getting the most out of him. They’re bullish he’ll come out of this well but I personally have no idea. 

The plan as I know it is to upgrade Zach to backup before starting him. That may happen this week. Yes, fans, players, media, and hot-take artists won’t be happy when Zach gets the starting job back. It will be noisy and uncomfortable. The Jets know that and Zach knows it. But they also know he can change the narratives inside-and-outside the locker room really quickly by playing well. 

My fear is absent a complete meltdown from White the rest of the season, putting Zack back in this season during a playoff push will destroy the locker room and morale...ESPECIALLY if Zack comes back in and bombs.

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

FWIW, Nania wanted Mike White cut in the preseason

But he doesnt have enough "talent". He cant scramble and click his feet while throwing a 40 yard out on a rope. 

Kirk Cousins doesnt have more arm talent than Mike White.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Is it your assessment that 6-17 in the redzone are good numbers?  or is that taken out of context?

Yes it's taken out of context. He had a TD pass dropped and he threw and INT on the last play of the game. The play calling was also very dubious in the red zone. Mike White also had some amazing throws all over the field which you fail to mention. Hmmm. 

13 minutes ago, football guy said:

This year* from what I understand 

if were out of the playoffs and or White craps the bed then yes. but if were still in it and White is good enough then THAT is something thats would get them fired. they cant bring back the worst QB in the NFL while the playoffs are on the line.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

My fear is absent a complete meltdown from White the rest of the season, putting Zack back in this season during a playoff push will destroy the locker room and morale...ESPECIALLY if Zack comes back in and bombs.

They won’t put Zach back in if the team is winning. If they lose next 2, I’d expect Wilson in there.

4 minutes ago, doitny said:

if were out of the playoffs and or White craps the bed then yes. but if were still in it and White is good enough then THAT is something thats would get them fired. they cant bring back the worst QB in the NFL while the playoffs are on the line.

The plan going in was to bring back Zach against Detroit. No word whether that plan has changed 

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

No one is doing this lol. As far as I can read everyone is unanimous that Mike White is currently the best option to run this offense. The discord is that if the QB isn’t the primary driver for wins and losses, you might as well do it with Wilson because you need to get him the reps and try to get the most out of him while also being competitive. 

Exactly, everyone agreed to start White. People want to make it about sides, so dumb.

People are doing this, lol, as far as I can see half this fan base has their head directly up there ass.

32 minutes ago, football guy said:

Do you believe in developing talent?

Absolutely.  

Because that seems to be the discord here. I would rather sacrifice a few yards a game and give the talented QB the reps he needs, knowing that the team is beyond capable of winning in spite of it, because like it or not he is the glue that will keep this administration together, which is what I desperately want.

I believe in developmental QB's being developed in practice, in the film room, and by watching better QB's play better than they can.

I also believe winning trumps all, and no, I do not trust that we're not good enough to over come the variance between Zach and White at current.  No risk taking for "seeing what we got" reasons.

I know the coach speak and I know the desire to put the most ready guy in to end the playoff draught, but I’m more concerned with the long-term.

So says all Zach-as-the-starter proponents, believing in a dream where he's a great QB.  Because elite this or elite that.    

Yet on the field, he's Josh Rosen and you guys simply refuse to see it. 

I don't need to waste our chances in 2022 and then again in 2023 to "see what we got, see if Zach gets it". 

He can do that as the #2 or #3 for another year, then we look elsewhere for our developmental guy.

Absent Zach turning around or them stumbling into a QB, this admin won’t be here as long as we think it will/should, hence why I want them to make it work with Zach.

They'll get fired faster with Zach being the worst QB in the NFL than with White or Minshew or some other more productive QB.

Not necessarily because I think he’ll surely figure it out, but because him developing into an average QB with his playmaking ability and upside is enough to keep Saleh and Douglas here long-term. 

I think you have that backwards, frankly.

The plan going in was to bring back Zach against Detroit. No word whether that plan has changed 

Yeah, the plan was go to go back to Wilson even if White went 3-0 for 900 yards and 8 TDs

gtfo here dude, you're so ******* full of sh*t, nobody buys it 

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Yes it's taken out of context. He had a TD pass dropped and he threw and INT on the last play of the game. The play calling was also very dubious in the red zone. Mike White also had some amazing throws all over the field which you fail to mention. Hmmm. 

It’s funny how all the same people who crapped on Zach when the stats didn’t favor their perspectives ignored context, but for MW “context” is required. 

Stop being hypocrites and stay consistent.

Much like with Zach, the Jets evaluate performance based on how the QB executes the play. They don’t care about the stats. The coaches are marking the throw down as a negative, just as the should be INT turned catch-and-run TD by Garrett Wilson last week was marked down as a negative. They are more focused on the process than the result. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Even if White keeps dropping 300 yard games?  

dude i'm drinking again, that ******* guy is ******* full on boner dude i mean come the **** on he knows the plan gtfo they plan to put White down if he's 3-0 and the offense is humming and he keeps playing big dick ball.  ******* fraud

11 minutes ago, football guy said:

Your argument makes zero sense. The current QB is the primary driver for this team.  He's thrown for 680 yards and 3 td's in 2 games and throwing to multiple receivers downfield. The worst mistake this team could make is turning this team back over to Wilson. It's not happening. He's done. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Yeah, the plan was go to go back to Wilson even if White went 3-0 for 900 yards and 8 TDs

gtfo here dude, you're so ******* full of sh*t, nobody buys it 

They did not expect White to go 3-0 and throw for 900 yards and 8 TDs, just as they did not expect Mike White to throw 57 times today. 

Zach is probably playing against Detroit. Deal with it however you need to.

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

Your argument makes zero sense. The current QB is the primary driver for this team.  He's thrown for 680 yards and 3 td's in 2 games and throwing to multiple receivers downfield. The worst mistake this team could make is turning this team back over to Wilson. It's not happening. He's done. 

I honestly have to quit this site because none of you care to understand how coaches evaluate performance. Hint: they do not care about the stats. 

• Upvote 1

It would not suprise me 1 bit if Mike White had a similar or slightly worse game next week, Jets get punched in the mouth by the Bills and lose, and the Jets put Wilson back in the following week vs Lions. Would be a big mistake but wouldnt surprise me at all. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Thank you for proving my point 

Mark Sanchez 2nd season in the league was leaps and bounds better than Wilson's. It's not even debatable.

Have you been watching the same wilson the rest of the league has?

He is god awful. Statistically or otherwise. He is the worst QB in the NFL and has shown 0 improvement.

Then again, people here get emotionally attached to every young QB we draft and swear they're going to turn it around because of "talent and potential" no matter how poorly they play.

There is nothing to develop with Wilson. He lacks the talents and brains. Being able to sling it with 0 accuracy is not something to hold onto. 

• Upvote 2