Will Mike White tie Zach's season TD pass total on Sunday?

AFJF

Will Mike White tie Zach's TD pass total for the season this Sunday?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. White needs 4 TD passes to tie Zach's season total. Does he do it?

• No
    • Yes

I would love to see White come in and show what he showed against the Bengals and the Colts. But hehe, no. Not four tds. Doesn’t really matter, though. I would think a lot of this offense will still come from the run. He can throw 0 tds in every victory from here till the Super Bowl. I dont care. Just help this team win games.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I think the better question is will Mike White match Zach's W/L record?

Zach played 7 games - there are 7 games left.

I'm pretty confident he will.  5-2 down the stretch seems like a lock.  Anything less would be a massive disappointed.

How is 5-2 a lock when they play Minny, Buffalo, Miami, and Seattle all on the road? 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

56 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

I don’t believe any of the qbs are good, but the bears are by a decent margin the worst D we’ve faced all year. No matter who the qb is the offense should be better than they have been against some of the best ones in the league. This place and people in general are going to go nuts when white has a good game against a bottom 5 D. Minny has a poor D as well. With them though the offense is really good. Hopefully we can keep up and play well against them.  We’ll see what happens against the bills.

This is why I find it curious they didn't start Zach w/a short leash. Obviously this all has been discussed and factored into decisions. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall.

9 hours ago, OCCH23 said:

Couldn't disagree more.  People want to quote Zack's 5-2 record, but anyone with a SPECK of objectivity knows he got in the way of those wins more than helped cause them.

If MW plays well, that's all he can do.  If the team loses anyway, it's absurd to use that as a reason to downplay his performance.  The ONLY reason he's going in is because the coaches think he will do a better job than ZW.  If the rest of the team does its job, that should be enough to get the W . . .

EDIT:

My response wasn't taking this specific thread into consideration.  I agree with you that it's not about White's stats as much as the final score . . .

Yes.  I agree with this.

Mike White can perform well and the team still lose.  No question.

I'm just saying if this team went 5-2 with the worst QB in football going 5-2 down the stretch is a reasonable expectation...

9 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

How is 5-2 a lock when they play Minny, Buffalo, Miami, and Seattle all on the road? 

I said if feels like a lock for me - in other words it's my expectation. Anything less would be a disappointment for me.

The team went 5-2 with the worst QB in football.  Why shouldn't we expect to at least match that with an upgrade over that?

It's entirely possible MW meets both ZW's td and int totals on the year in the same game. 

Some here are saying MW is "him". He's not,  he's JAG who happens to be the better QB option right now. 

That said,  I do believe the D is completely capable of mitigating turn overs so long as the offense is scoring.

10 hours ago, OCCH23 said:

Couldn't disagree more.  People want to quote Zack's 5-2 record, but anyone with a SPECK of objectivity knows he got in the way of those wins more than helped cause them.

If MW plays well, that's all he can do.  If the team loses anyway, it's absurd to use that as a reason to downplay his performance.  The ONLY reason he's going in is because the coaches think he will do a better job than ZW.  If the rest of the team does its job, that should be enough to get the W . . .

EDIT:

My response wasn't taking this specific thread into consideration.  I agree with you that it's not about White's stats as much as the final score . . .

But dont you HAVE to consider the opposition if you go down that road ?? I'm with Fidelio because once you start pitting each QB against one another it opens up a rabbit hole you will never see the end of.  Just win ... its a team game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Well this is a pretty aggressive prognostication! 

@Vikings

@Bills

@Seahawks

@Dolphins

if you want to think a 5-2 team, with the worst QB in the NFL shouldn't be expected to do at least that with a major upgrade at QB - then I think that's battered Jet Fan Syndrome. 

Especially considering we already beat two of those teams and have the Jags, Lions and Bears to play.

I'm regularly told this is a Super Bowl level defense, Zach was a net negative...So give me competent QB play, with all of these weapons on offense, an OL getting healthy, top WR coming back and a top 5 defense.  If you want to be a playoff team you should be able to win a couple games on the road against other playoff caliber teams.

Why should we expect less than that?

48 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I said if feels like a lock for me - in other words it's my expectation. Anything less would be a disappointment for me.

The team went 5-2 with the worst QB in football.  Why shouldn't we expect to at least match that with an upgrade over that?

We still haven’t proved we can run the ball without Hall and AVT. We did it against Buffalo well enough, but that’s my biggest concern with the offense moving forward.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

We still haven’t proved we can run the ball without Hall and AVT. We did it against Buffalo well enough, but that’s my biggest concern with the offense moving forward.

It’s amazing how the running games open up when defenses are concerned about qbs completing passes.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

Fant is coming back, Mitchell is coming back, Herbig is coming back...

Corey Davis is coming back....Mike White is now starting.

The defense has only been getting better. 

It's okay to start have real expectations for this team.  

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is why I find it curious they didn't start Zach w/a short leash. Obviously this all has been discussed and factored into decisions. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall.

If they are truely concerned about his footwork then sitting and focusing only on that is probably the best option instead of game planning for the week. I hope it works, I just want a good qb which we very rarely have 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Fant is coming back, Mitchell is coming back, Herbig is coming back...

Corey Davis is coming back....Mike White is now starting.

The defense has only been getting better. 

It's okay to start have real expectations for this team.  

We’ll find out, but offenses can look night and day when the run game is working vs when it isn’t. 

shouldn’t be a problem this week though 

There are very few QB’s that you can count on to have 4TD games so I don’t think Mike White is going to throw 4 TD’s.

I don’t even know if Mike White is going to have a good game . . . even though we are playing the Bears. The important thing is that Zach got benched like other QB’s around the league when they are struggling. Zach compounded his own struggles by not accepting responsibility in the press conference immediately after his abysmal performance against the Pats.

Mike White will show what he can do tomorrow, but if he can’t get the job done he will probably not be our starter the following week against the 9-2 Vikings.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Then get ready to be disappointed. It's hard to win against playoff caliber teams on the road and they have plenty of that coming up. ZW did that exactly 0 times this year. And yes Mike White will play better than Wilson but that doesn't mean they are going 5-2.  Realistically I see 3-4 or 4-3. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BurntDice said:

If they are truely concerned about his footwork then sitting and focusing only on that is probably the best option instead of game planning for the week. I hope it works, I just want a good qb which we very rarely have 

They should be worried about his footwork, it's awful. Doubt it's something that gets cleaned up this season. It's going to take a while to fix if he ever gets it.

17 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I think the better question is will Mike White match Zach's W/L record?

Zach played 7 games - there are 7 games left.

I'm pretty confident he will.  5-2 down the stretch seems like a lock.  Anything less would be a massive disappointed.

Im not seeing it. The schedule down the stretch is ironically alot harder than we thought it would be. Defense needs to be elite to win. MW doesnt have the arm to catch up if behind by two scores.