Jimmy G out for season

Rhg1084

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

Sucks for Jimmy and the 49ers, but for the fans that want Jimmy next year, this makes it more likely as it drives his price down. However, I have heard that there’s a strong possibility he will be pursued heavily by Houston Texans… no guarantee they go QB in the draft 

1) Texans would be beyond dumb AF if they go with Jimmy G over someone like Stroud or Young in the draft when they'll have the #1 pick and need a QB. I don't see it.

2) If the Jets are interested and assuming the money's basically close enough, I don't see Jimmy G picking the Texans over the Jets.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

1) Texans would be beyond dumb AF if they go with Jimmy G over someone like Stroud or Young in the draft when they'll have the #1 pick and need a QB. I don't see it.

Depends how you feel about Will Anderson. If you think he's an elite Edge and you still want to build up your team I can see them passing on a QB. It's not always a good decision to put a young QB on a bad team right away.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, football guy said:

Sucks for Jimmy and the 49ers, but for the fans that want Jimmy next year, this makes it more likely as it drives his price down. However, I have heard that there’s a strong possibility he will be pursued heavily by Houston Texans… no guarantee they go QB in the draft 

That sounds just like those total boneheads.

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Depends how you feel about Will Anderson. If you think he's an elite Edge and you still want to build up your team I can see them passing on a QB. It's not always a good decision to put a young QB on a bad team right away.

I guess it'll ultimately depend on how they feel about Stroud or Young (or some other QB that might rise up), but when you're a team that needs a QB, you better be damn sure about picking a non-QB at #1 overall. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, CanadienJetsFan said:

Great defence,but iffy at QB.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the New York Jets of the NFC.

The Jets coaching staff and schemes all come from SF

They're almost identical teams except they have a really good LB and their Pro Bowl RB isn't hurt yet

• Upvote 1