Bills-Bengals

PS17

20 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Remember when Minnesota Vikings player Korey Stringer died in Training Camp? It wasn't a game, but still, a player died in front of his teammates from heat stroke. It was training camp, but the player died in front of his teammates. Did Minnesota cancel their pre-season game? I don't believe they did. I looked it up and it was originally meant to be Vikings at Saints on August 9th, and it was moved to August 11th. They moved a pre-season game up 2 days after the Vikings watched a teammate of theirs die on the field. Imagine if there was social media then? NFL would have got cancelled. I'm sick of cancel culture and the way it appears society is becoming soft. 80's kids compared to todays kids is night and day. Most people probably don't even know a Detroit Lions player (Chuck Hughes) died on the field in a game on October 24,1971 against the Dick Butkus lead Chicago Bears. Damar Hamlin is still alive right now due to the amazing medical personnel on the field that night for both teams. We've made strides in the game for player safety. Damar Hamlin is getting the best care he can receive at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center. When I see people like Bomani Jones talking about canceling the game and even wondered if the Bills would be able to play on Sunday it just makes me shake my head?! Are you kidding me?  To me you have to play that game for the integrity of the schedule. This was not 9/11, and even then not one game was missed. The league took a week off and moved everything out 1 week. That's what has to happen. Play the Bills at Cincinnati the week after week 18 by delaying the playoffs for 1 week. Make that weekend all about Damar Hamlin and discussing player safety and how far we've come in this game protecting these players. The NFL is walking on eggshells now because they're afraid they'll look bad if they play that game.

Every generation says that. I’m sure my dad thought that the way my generation (80s) did things was soft and hated our music and pants. Why is it always pants ?!?.    

1 hour ago, Ghost420 said:

At the end of the day it's just a ******* game. If its canceled who gives a sh*t. 

This isn't pop warner. This is a business. These players are professionals getting paid millions upon millions of dollars. 

When they cancel the Bills/Bengals game, Damar Hamlin will become more of a tragedy than 9/11. 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Troy Vincent needs to reconsider his wording.  A totally vague, meaningless quote that has no real meaning.   We are considering "everything"?  EVERYTHING?  WTF does that mean?  "Equity"?

shut up Troy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

There is absolute truth to the progressive softening since Cavemen times.  Look at the WWII generation compared to the Boomers, compared to Gen X, compared to Millennials, compared to Gen Z ... 

I think the question becomes ... is this a compassionate elevated societal culture, or a bunch of Jelly Bellies.

Jelly Bellies for sure

3 hours ago, neckdemon said:

you were in a goofy discussion with yourself bro....unfortunately for us you just so happened to go ahead transcribe it into a post on this forum. the reasons for which are bewildering to those who have had to endure it. thank you though because we are all now dumber for having read it

Hey stupid I was just wondering how this doesn’t happen more often knowing how many tackles are made in every single game week after week for 100 years plus in every college game. 

don’t be a ****, although that’s kind of your thing I know

1 hour ago, Coquito said:

He's no longer in a coma

The power of prayer.

this is not a snide or comedic comment in any way but reading the above I immediately thought of the scene in Rocky 2 when Adrian opens her eyes and says - win.

gives me chills even to this day when I see it.

God bless this young man

12 minutes ago, Trotter said:

The power of prayer.

this is not a snide or comedic comment in any way but reading the above I immediately thought of the scene in Rocky 2 when Adrian opens her eyes and says - win.

God bless this young man

image.jpeg.21ce49971172c84ac3b26001a87968f7.jpeg

18 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I saw this posted on a Bills forum as a potential solution being discussed in the league office. Supposedly mentioned by Mike Florio, who got wind of it:

Seems like the best idea I have seen so far.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I saw this posted on a Bills forum as a potential solution being discussed in the league office. Supposedly mentioned by Mike Florio, who got wind of it:

I'm assuming in this plan the bye week before the SB is cut out right? 

This might be the plan that works out the best, all things considered....there is no perfect solution given the timing of the tragedy

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

This isn't pop warner. This is a business. These players are professionals getting paid millions upon millions of dollars. 

When they cancel the Bills/Bengals game, Damar Hamlin will become more of a tragedy than 9/11. 

Again, it is just a game. Only people who care are degenerate gamblers. At the end of the day none of these games mean a things in the grand scheme of things. Go cry elsewhere. 

• More Ugh 1

8 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Again, it is just a game. Only people who care are degenerate gamblers. At the end of the day none of these games mean a things in the grand scheme of things. Go cry elsewhere. 

It has nothing to do with gambling with me personally. I never bet on that game, and I don't even play fantasy football. Go F yourself. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

I prefer the term financial odds analyst.

makes me seem smart.

and the statement regarding gamblers caring is not exactly accurate.

most gamblers are knowkeable and responsible which most likely comprise the majority understand that money bet is lost once they hit submit. You gamble or risk entertainment money no different then 100 dollars for a carton of cigarettes or 50 for whiskey.

sure there is a percentage where it is a chronic problem and that should not be ignored.

and the majority of the discussions around playing not playing are financial but not based on gambling.

the nfl is a for profit league and gambling is a small fraction if their balance sheet

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ghost420 said:

Again, it is just a game. 

No. You and some guys going in your back yard and tossing a pigskin around is 'just a game'.

The NFL is a multi billion dollar business with tentacles in other multi billion dollar businesses. Just because you can't comprehend that doesn't make it false.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

The power of prayer.

God bless this young man

The power of medical professionals*

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

No. You and some guys going in your back yard and tossing a pigskin around is 'just a game'.

The NFL is a multi billion dollar business with tentacles in other multi billion dollar businesses. Just because you can't comprehend that doesn't make it false.

Those billion-dollar business's will be just fine. Them not playing that game affects no1 on this board. 

17 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Hey stupid I was just wondering how this doesn’t happen more often knowing how many tackles are made in every single game week after week for 100 years plus in every college game. 

don’t be a ****, although that’s kind of your thing I know

Ok I apologize then. I thought you were doing something else