Jump to content

Bills-Bengals


PS17

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Late to seeing all this stuff I really hope this is not some COVID vaccine side effect stuff as some have suggested. That being said, last I last saw posted by his friend and marketing guy on twitter was he was breathing on his own again and recovering which is very good news. When he fell down he was lifeless. It looked as bad as it possibly could have. I mean I thought the worst.

Not sure about all the timing of stopping the game etc. I mean people see guys go out on stretchers and ambulances during the games, just to go on, I suspect it was a case of no one knew what to do. 

It is great to see people donate and do whatever gesture they like to make some sort of positive effect. Despite if you think it does any good, sometimes just doing something is better than nothing. And I hope this young man recovers.

99% of the folks on twitter complaining about the vaccine on twitter  (the "named/famous/politicials") - have had the shot.

it's all politics and stuff.

personally for me, the vast majority of people who i saw dying of covid since the vaccine came out was fat unvaccinated people.  since it's much easier to get a shot then lose weight, i decided to go for the vaccine.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lets keep any references to the vaccine out of this thread, please.  These types of discussions never end well.  This thread should be for any updates on Damar Hamlin's conditiion -- lets not let it devlolve into a political discussion that will get the thread locked and some posters banned.
Thanks
I agree.. but there has been a link to miocarditis and the vaccine ... Sooo... I'm vaccinated ... Not sure I would be if I knew the risks.

But to your point I agree, keep it to what happened last night.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Gastineau Lives said:

If it happened because of the hit, how doesn’t it happen like once a week?

I suppose it could be due to some underlying electrophysiological issue that went undetected.  Lots can go wrong with the heart's electrical system.  Sinus node, AV node, bundle branches and so on.  There could also be an imbalance of electrolytes.  Most have seen the "myocardial thump" dramatized on TV when the doctor gets a patient's arrested heart started by hitting the chest.  Compression of the chest can get a heart's electrical system to start conducting again and compression of the chest can also cause the heart's electrical system to malfunction, especially if there was a conductive issue present before the compression.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

99% of the folks on twitter complaining about the vaccine on twitter  (the "named/famous/politicials") - have had the shot.

it's all politics and stuff.

personally for me, the vast majority of people who i saw dying of covid since the vaccine came out was fat unvaccinated people.  since it's much easier to get a shot then lose weight, i decided to go for the vaccine.

All of your posts in this thread are you looking for reasons to be outraged or virtue signal....maybe it's time to stop worrying about everyone else and take a good look in the mirror.

  • Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what we've seen from a lot of the actual doctors out there... what happened last night, where he got hit at the precise moment where his heart was, was probably about the same chance of gouging hitting power ball... just an incredibly unfortunate incident

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, frankiepapa said:

From what we've seen from a lot of the actual doctors out there... what happened last night, where he got hit at the precise moment where his heart was, was probably about the same chance of gouging hitting power ball... just an incredibly unfortunate incident

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
 

It's something as a baseball player (and a pitcher specifically) we were always aware of/knew about.  The ol' "line drive right back nailing you in the chest" thing.  Definitely a very rare, but known issue in sports, and yes, it can (and has killed kids playing baseball before.

Never happened to me, thank god (I've been line drive'd right back at me, but it hit other fleshy body parts, no chest/head/nuts happily), but it did happen to my brother (also a pitcher) once, square in his chest between his nips, and when he went down in a pile this fear was definitely in my mind, rare or not.  Happily, he just got a nasty bruise.

Terribly bad luck it seems, unless other underlying health issues are found/identified.

And P.S., I'd suggest we all drop the Vaccine-did-it! talk unless/until his doctors come out publicly and say that the vaccine was a cause.  Anything else is baseless speculation, and (these days) politics to boot.  Leave that stuff for other sites.  

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

It's something as a baseball player (and a pitcher specifically) we were always aware of/knew about.  The ol' "line drive right back nailing you in the chest" thing.  Definitely a very rare, but known issue in sports, and yes, it can (and has killed kids playing baseball before.

Never happened to me, thank god (I've been line drive'd right back at me, but it hit other fleshy body parts, no chest/head/nuts happily), but it did happen to my brother (also a pitcher) once, square in his chest between his nips, and when he went down in a pile this fear was definitely in my mind, rare or not.  Happily, he just got a nasty bruise.

Terribly bad luck it seems, unless other underlying health issues are found/identified.

And P.S., I'd suggest we all drop the Vaccine-did-it! talk unless/until his doctors come out publicly and say that the vaccine was a cause.  Anything else is baseless speculation, and (these days) politics to boot.  Leave that stuff for other sites.  

As a former high school pitcher, all of this. There was no safety equipment back in the mid 90's. Kids now all wear protection. I've had more come-backers hit at me pitching in my high-arc softball beer league to the point where I wear a cup on the mound. Never taken a shot to the chest, but have had a ball glance off my head and have definitely taken a shot or four to "fleshy body parts." Even with a Clincher ball (softer), body shots still hurt like a bugger. 

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

99% of the folks on twitter complaining about the vaccine on twitter  (the "named/famous/politicials") - have had the shot.

it's all politics and stuff.

personally for me, the vast majority of people who i saw dying of covid since the vaccine came out was fat unvaccinated people.  since it's much easier to get a shot then lose weight, i decided to go for the vaccine.

Lets not let this be a big vaccine/covid debate with everyone. Already someone started. Just lay off all hysteria and hope this guy is alright. @neckdemon

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

I suppose it could be due to some underlying electrophysiological issue that went undetected.  Lots can go wrong with the heart's electrical system.  Sinus node, AV node, bundle branches and so on.  There could also be an imbalance of electrolytes.  Most have seen the "myocardial thump" dramatized on TV when the doctor gets a patient's arrested heart started by hitting the chest.  Compression of the chest can get a heart's electrical system to start conducting again and compression of the chest can also cause the heart's electrical system to malfunction, especially if there was a conductive issue present before the compression.  

The hit? I saw the vid I doubt contact.caused anything. But who knows. I hope we find out

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Regardless of your opinions on the jab speculating online about a medical issues is always idiotic......I mean 5 seconds after the incident you have a doctor in here telling everyone it's a spinal injury...I'm a pothead mailman and even I knew a helmet to the chest was most likely not a spinal injury and a cardiac issue. lol

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Why wouldn't I. Grow up. 

Because this is not a site for discussion of the Covid vaccine.  This thread is about a young man fighting for his life and the thread should remain open for updates about his condition.  Covid discussions devolve into politics which inevitably lead to locked threads and banning.

There are plenty of places on social media to discuss covid vaccines.  This site is not one of them.

  • Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

The hit? I saw the vid I doubt contact.caused anything. But who knows. I hope we find out

Yeah.  The hit could have cause compression of the ribs and or other tissues into the heart and disrupted the conductivity of the cardiac tissues. especially if he had electrophysiological issues going on. 

I would guarantee that the medical staff has him on a constant ekg and I'd imagine they already gave him an echocardiogram.

They will get to the bottom of it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Praying for Hamlin, but I'd like to discuss the NFL rescheduling this game. I believe the Bills and Bengals will finish their game this Thursday night. The next move will be moving their week 18 games for the Ravens at Bengals and Patriots at Bills to Monday, January 9, 2023. It gives the Bengals and Bills 4 days to recover between games, similar to when a team plays on Sunday and then plays Thursday night. If neither the Bills and Bengals attain the No.1 seed, which is likely, the earliest they would play the Wild Card round would be Sunday, January 15, 2023, which gives the Bengals, Ravens and Bills at least 6 games to recover for their Wild Card games...same goes for the Patriots if they do make the playoffs.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, OilfieldJet said:

The thread is actually very positive and mostly very spot-on. Thank you Phil for stamping down some of the posts that may have been going sideways, and thanks to all the posters that kept the focus on best wishes and prayers to Hamlin and Higgins and the affected players.

I can't imagine a better place to have a cardiac incident (other than in a hospital) than an NFL game. Can you imagine 10 trainers from both team and the doctors working on the guy? Impressive. Hopeful that the 24 year old athlete comes back 100% physically, mentally and spiritually.

It does appear that the quick response saved this guy's life. Everything I've read says that if CPR isn't administered quickly, a huge percentage don't make it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lith said:

Lets keep any references to the vaccine out of this thread, please.  These types of discussions never end well.  This thread should be for any updates on Damar Hamlin's conditiion -- lets not let it devlolve into a political discussion that will get the thread locked and some posters banned.

Thanks

Wow, that was a stretch, thank you for that. Appreciate this being here to see how he is doing. Watched sone of it on the TV at the gym and it’s terrifying. Poor kid and his poor family, prayers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I agree.. but there has been a link to miocarditis and the vaccine ... Sooo... I'm vaccinated ... Not sure I would be if I knew the risks.

But to your point I agree, keep it to what happened last night.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
 

You are more likely to get miocarditis getting covid than from the vaccine. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Praying for Hamlin, but I'd like to discuss the NFL rescheduling this game. I believe the Bills and Bengals will finish their game this Thursday night. The next move will be moving their week 18 games for the Ravens at Bengals and Patriots at Bills to Monday, January 9, 2023. It gives the Bengals and Bills 4 days to recover between games, similar to when a team plays on Sunday and then plays Thursday night. If neither the Bills and Bengals attain the No.1 seed, which is likely, the earliest they would play the Wild Card round would be Sunday, January 15, 2023, which gives the Bengals, Ravens and Bills at least 6 games to recover for their Wild Card games...same goes for the Patriots if they do make the playoffs.

I think they'll take the much simpler route.

The only effect this game had was on the 1-3 seeds in the AFC.  I think they just call this a no contest and seed Buff/KC/Cincy on a 16 game schedule.

That way, if all three teams win on Sunday, Buff gets the #1 seed based on a head to head win vs. KC, KC gets the 2 seed, based on 3 total losses vs. 4 that Cincy already has.  If KC happens to lose on Sunday and the Bengals win, Cincy gets the 2 seed based upon both having 4 loses and Cincy beating KC head to head.

It's going to be hard enough to ask the Bills to play on Sunday vs. the Pats, let alone ask them to come back to Cincy on Thursday, then turn around and play again on Monday.

I would not expect any complaints or objections from KC or Cincy to this plan.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Because this is not a site for discussion of the Covid vaccine.  This thread is about a young man fighting for his life and the thread should remain open for updates about his condition.  Covid discussions devolve into politics which inevitably lead to locked threads and banning.

There are plenty of places on social media to discuss covid vaccines.  This site is not one of them.

I wasn't discussing just saying i hope it was not related.  But hear you, my bad. I wasn't trying to stir anything up. A player collapsing like that is shocking and very unusual. Sad. I been watching football my whole life and never seen anything like it. Medical treatments or issues are not really political I wish it didn't turn into that but as I seen a couple responses well. ..its just ridiculous, glad to hear he is one of the cadiac arrest that the person seemed to survive

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

Yeah.  The hit could have cause compression of the ribs and or other tissues into the heart and disrupted the conductivity of the cardiac tissues. especially if he had electrophysiological issues going on. 

I would guarantee that the medical staff has him on a constant ekg and I'd imagine they already gave him an echocardiogram.

They will get to the bottom of it.  

yeah that is one thing I do think, the hospital staff should be able to let us know. A lot of athletes have been suffering cardiac arrests adn not all have been surviving. It was good to see that they were able to react so quickly and get him breathing again. it did not look good.

  • More Ugh 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...