Flacco IS Starting (Merged)

2 minutes ago, JetsMetsDevilsPA said:

I heard something on WFAN yesterday that Wilson isn't even going to be traveling with the team.  Who TF knows.... 

that would be sure sign he’s on his way out. This is what you’d do with an expensive veteran power forward with an expiring contract right before the NBA trade deadline.

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, football guy said:

They want him back to compete for the job next year. 

Curious statement considering they will be in the veteran QB market and this regime's future hangs in the balance next year.

Do they offer Jimmy G a big money 1 year deal, and hope between the 2 of them the team can get a 11 starts out of Jimmy and 10 out of White?

"21 starts?! There's only 17 in the regular season??!?" 

Exaaaaactly in the regular season...

jack-nicholson-sunglasses.gif

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

As much as I appreciate and respect Mike White’s toughness, the league desperately needs to avoid the visual of any player rolling around midfield like a flopping soccer player. Because of Hamlin, the eyes of every non-sports media outlet and every PTA mom is going to be fixed upon the fields this weekend looking for the chance to tweet about the savagery of football, like they did during the CTE panic

Very good point. I didn't even think of this. Wonder if that has something to do with the way this is being handled (skipped media session)

• Upvote 1

Just now, heymangold said:

listen i don't like the guy but wilson should be starting this game if White isn't going to play.  if flacco is starting, wilsons the backup?  the amount of nonsense that saleh has talked about them being committed to zach - play him in this meaningless game.

Exactly, nothing he does makes any sense and it's been that way since before thanksgiving.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I’m not wasting 3 hours watching Flacco in a trash-time game where Saleh had made clear he won’t play the younger players.

Guess I’ll watch the DC ‘Ders rookie QB get his first career start. At least that might be interesting.

I’m painting the fence in the yard. Gonna watch it dry, 

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Coquito said:

Exactly, nothing he does makes any sense and it's been that way since before thanksgiving.

If he doesn’t start Wilson and plays Flacco, then they’re basically quitting already. Why don’t they just forfeit the game and not waste everyone’s time. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

Curious statement considering they will be in the veteran QB market and this regime's future hangs in the balance next year.

Do they offer Jimmy G a big money 1 year deal, and hope between the 2 of them the team can get a 11 starts out of Jimmy and 10 out of White?

"21 starts?! There's only 17 in the regular season??!?" 

Exaaaaactly in the regular season...

jack-nicholson-sunglasses.gif

I believe they will look to re-sign Mike White, sign a veteran, and bring back Zach. I don't think they will want to put all their eggs in the veteran QB basket. Imagine waiting for FA, losing out on your targets, AND losing Mike White? Talk about a disaster. 

That trio gives them the most flexibility. It's somewhat similar to how the Steelers handled their QB room this year with Pickett, Trubisky, and Rudolph all legitimately competing for their spots in the pecking order. 

• Upvote 2

I believe they will look to re-sign Mike White, sign a veteran, and bring back Zach. I don't think they will want to put all their eggs in the veteran QB basket. Imagine waiting for FA, losing out on your targets, AND losing Mike White? Talk about a disaster. 
That trio gives them the most flexibility. It's somewhat similar to how the Steelers handled their QB room this year with Pickett, Trubisky, and Rudolph all legitimately competing for their spots in the pecking order. 
Losing Mike White would be far from the worst thing ever. He's a good kid and a solid backup ... But let's be real.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, heymangold said:

listen i don't like the guy but wilson should be starting this game if White isn't going to play.  if flacco is starting, wilsons the backup?  the amount of nonsense that saleh has talked about them being committed to zach - play him in this meaningless game.

The craziest part is that the earlier Miami win was Zach’s best game of the season! 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, football guy said:

There’s no doubt that White is somewhat compromised by his ribs, but what we saw last week was more than his ribs. He has seen a steady decline in play, and it wouldn’t surprise me if the Jets — knowing the season is done — do not want to risk further damage (both injury and play). 

Despite what happened last week, they’ve seen what they wanted to see and they know who he is. They want him back to compete for the job next year. Nothing that would happen this weekend would change that, so no reason to feed him to the wolves

Agree, season is over. No reason to risk further injury to White. 

I obviously know nothing but I have a feeling Woody is not going to sit back on this.

Like I said the other day - what is going on with the Giants has him pissed and more importantly to him embarrassed within his millionaire friend circle.

I just have a feeling he is going to do something and not just a minor assistant coach.

Can't say what he does will be for the better of the team, but these guys have really given him no choice.

25 minutes ago, BP said:

If he doesn’t start Wilson and plays Flacco, then they’re basically quitting already. Why don’t they just forfeit the game and not waste everyone’s time. 

The way Saleh speaks about Wilson, it appears he feels he is essentially broken and unplayable at this time. 

• Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, football guy said:

Yes but in fairness, if what happened to Hamlin is what rumors are suggesting, it's like 1-in-a million chance (if not more). You need to be hit in a very specific spot during a very exact moment in the heartbeat cycle and it needs to be direct impact (as opposed to here, where his torso/shoulder is absorbing a good amount of the blow). It's a freak accident that hopefully won't happen again

Yes, I understand that FG, and that's the reason after watching both hit I decided on using the first one here as an example. The reason being that THIS hit happened on the left side, just below the heart and the second one was on the opposite side and lower like 4-5 inches below the left nipple. Again, luckily for everyone, it's a good thing Mike is so Gumby-likeimage.thumb.jpeg.154168c24f295fdef6c4c4656a69e18f.jpeg

32 minutes ago, football guy said:

Bleh. Coming back with almost the same QB room makes me not feel great. 

Clear it all out. Start over. 

Carr/Jimmy G. Brissett. Mid round draft pick. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Zachtomims47 said:

Bleh. Coming back with almost the same QB room makes me not feel great. 

Clear it all out. Start over. 

Carr. Brissett. Mid round draft pick. 

Carr and Brissett would be an awesome QB room heading into next season. Sign me up right now

• Ugh 1

I think most people think Flacco won’t be on the team next season. But I am guessing that one scenario might be to start Flacco for next season while zwilson sits and learns as opposed to pulling in a different free agent. The main problem is and has been the oline and given a better oline maybe Flacco can lead this team. The way things are going it’s not far fetched.

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

So with playoffs and season on the line and only a few weeks removed from "THE GREAT RESET" they start Wilson who was clearly not ready.

With the playoffs out of reach and the team eliminated, they can't start the young developmental guy, and turn to the veteran....

confused-jaguarsfan.gif

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

So with playoffs and season on the line and only a few weeks removed from "THE GREAT RESET" they start Wilson who was clearly not ready.

With the playoffs out of reach and the team eliminated, they can't start the young developmental guy, and turn to the veteran....

confused-jaguarsfan.gif

Agree.  Zach is broken. His confidence is shot. Another embarrassing performance does nothing to help him. With nothing on the line, there is no benefit. It’s clear as day that he isn’t ready to play the position (will he ever be?). He needs to be treated like a project if the organization really does want to hold his rights for another two seasons. If that’s the case, he needs to be kept off the field until he is mentally ready to play again.

• Upvote 1