So which Head Coaches get the axe

JohnnyLV

2 minutes ago, billo83 said:

As much as I'd like to see Saleh gone, it's not Woody's MO. Gase was a Chris hire and fire. Just don't see it. If anything MLF will be gone

I think MLF should be gone. He just didn’t adjust to his talent or lack of talent. His offensive game plans were horrible and simply did not work often enough. If he gets fired it would obviously come from JD not Salad I would assume - but would Salad stay if the Jets let his buddy go?

• Sympathy 2

There's gonna be some good options in this hiring period....esp if Payton and Harbaugh make it obvious they'll agree to come to the right situation. 

GM's and Owners are gonna be bold with so many candidates out there so expect some surprises Black Monday(Not the Jets, Woody is the opposite of bold)

Already Fired: Carolina, Indy, Denver

Dead Men Walking: Houston, Arizona 

Possibility: Cleveland, Washington, Atlanta 

Sleeper Picks: Tennessee, Miami, New Orleans, Dallas, LA Chargers, Tampa, 

16 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

I think MLF should be gone. He just didn’t adjust to his talent or lack of talent. His offensive game plans were horrible and simply did not work often enough. If he gets fired it would obviously come from JD not Salad I would assume - but would Salad stay if the Jets let his buddy go?

I would assume so. It's not like these jobs come around very easily, especially given his track record so far

Denver  for sure

Indianapolis though you never know with Irsay he may let Saturday pick his own staff and give him a few years.

Houston, maybe though if I was the Texan owner and the gm or president wanted to fire Lovie Smith I would immediately fire everyone and start over.   Smith was an awful awful hire in the 1st place, if they wanted a placeholder rebuild coach Cully actually did a good job.

Washington, I like Rivera but his QB pinball has only been slightly off the jets QB carousel.  The fact that Snyder might be selling might mean he retains Rivera and lets the next regime deal with it.

Arizona, I cant see Kingsbury surviving this year, I'd be shocked if he is not sacked.

Bucs should turf Bowles but they won't.  Bowles is awful.

Panthers, not sure what they will do but they should retain Wilks, I would not give a long term deal but I'd retain him.

The rest are safe but there are a few guys that need to be much better next year.  Arthur Smith for one.  Drafting a weapon like Pitts and then not using him was pure idiocy.

53 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

A sleeper candidate: Matt Eberflus. I know the Bears are rebuilding, but they’re going to finish the season on a 10-game losing streak.

He will be saved because the Chicago front office is probably buying the ridiculous Fields is improving shtick just because they let him run like crazy each game.  On actually playing the position competently he is no better than Zac Wilson right now.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Definite:
Denver & Carolina

Most likely: Arizona, Green Bay

Possibly: NY Jets, Miami, Houston

Wild cards: Tennessee, Dallas, Cleveland

* I think there’s a chance Saleh is gone. Woody may have had enough and gives him the boot.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This is a strange list. 
You definitely aren’t afraid to go against the grain, though, and I like that.

1 hour ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Definite:
Denver & Carolina

Most likely: Arizona, Green Bay

Possibly: NY Jets, Miami, Houston

Wild cards: Tennessee, Dallas, Cleveland

* I think there’s a chance Saleh is gone. Woody may have had enough and gives him the boot.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

GB is not firing LaFluer. they dont make rash decisions like us. he won 39 games in 3 years and i think they still could make the playoffs. it took 2 losing seasons for them to fire McCarthy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He will be saved because the Chicago front office is probably buying the ridiculous Fields is improving shtick just because they let him run like crazy each game.  On actually playing the position competently he is no better than Zac Wilson right now.

fields has clearly been better than Wilson has been, but he’s definitely been overhyped. People talk about him like he’s a star already, which is quite silly. Very curious to see year 3. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I got

Definite category

Denver

Indy

Houston

Carolina

Very Likely Category

Arizona

Possible Category

Jets

Dolphins 

Any others?

interesting that cliffy might be getting launched.  he got that team to the playoffs but either the rest of the league caught up with his chuck and duck or his players are tuning him out.

14 minutes ago, heymangold said:

wouldn't be surprised to see Vrabel get the ax in Tennessee.  awful season this year, might miss the playoffs.  he's been lucky the AFC south has been so awful the last few years - looks like it's catching up wit him.

Hearing a bit more chatter about him lately and possibly getting fired if they lose tonight. Different story but I think they beat Jax tonight.

anyway Always liked him and if he did get let go I doubt the jets make a move but he would be an interesting thought

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

interesting that cliffy might be getting launched.  he got that team to the playoffs but either the rest of the league caught up with his chuck and duck or his players are tuning him out.

Haven’t watched much cards, but maybe he’s worth a look as OC? I’m thinking Kingsbury, Reich, or Hackett (maybe bring him in with MLF) 

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

Hearing a bit more chatter about him lately and possibly getting fired if they lose tonight. Different story but I think they beat Jax tonight.

anyway Always liked him and if he did get let go I doubt the jets make a move but he would be an interesting thought

You think they beat Jax with Dobbs? Hes like a poor man’s Brett Ratliff. 

36 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

You think they beat Jax with Dobbs? Hes like a poor man’s Brett Ratliff. 

My thought is this game might be a bit big for Jax.

they are young and in orimetime.

tenn has been here before and while they have their challenges, I think their defense comes to play and keeps them in the game

i like tenn on the ml and I like a defensive td for tenn.

we’ll see

14 hours ago, slimjasi said:

fields has clearly been better than Wilson has been, but he’s definitely been overhyped. People talk about him like he’s a star already, which is quite silly. Very curious to see year 3. 

Fields is an average at best passer and his body is already breaking down from trying to be a running qb