Does Jim Harbaugh Pull a Pete Carroll?...

4 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

So be it

Douglas has been here for 4 years.

He has one great draft class (with 4 picks in the Top 36, he won’t have that moving forward) with a bunch of sh*t to show otherwise, especially in free agency.

I’m not turning down a Sean Payton or Jim Harbaugh just to hold onto JD.

Saleh was JD’s handpicked coach. Zach Wilson was JD’s handpicked QB, the highest we’ve drafted since Namath.

He can fall on the sword for those decisions as far as I’m concerned.

I agree with you.

I wonder if woody would do it.

I could see him parting ways with saleh.

jd I don’t know

So bring in Harbaugh who hasn’t won anything in the nfl and until recently was almost run out of Michigan, but a few years ago, don’t bring in McCarthy who won a Super Bowl and took his team to the playoffs 8 straight years? Makes sense. similar to everyone wanting Sean Payton now, almost identical stats to McCarthy, same age, both had hall of fame qbs. But Payton’s a yes, and McCarthy a no. I’ll never understand the reasoning.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Isn’t the “major violation” that he paid for a sandwich for a recruit and then lied to investigators about paying for it? Which is hysterical to think about in the NIL era

The NCAA is absolutely a**blasted about having to share their billions with the people who actually earn it for them, so they’re going to be as petty as possible to earn even a quarter of those profits back, all under the guise of “integrity.”

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Harbaugh is reportedly under NCAA investigation at Michigan for numerous violations...

Pete Carroll left USC under similar circumstances, joined the Seahawks, and the rest is history...

Is Harbaugh even more motivated to leave Mich. for the NFL now?...

How good would it be to see Harbaugh on the Jet sidelines next season?...

If he does, gut feeling is Miami

19 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

If he does, gut feeling is Miami

I could see Denver or Carolina if a bidding war breaks out.  

Ross connection is strong though.  I hope to everything they do fire McDaniel and we can land him as our next OC.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Harbaugh is reportedly under NCAA investigation at Michigan for numerous violations...

Pete Carroll left USC under similar circumstances, joined the Seahawks, and the rest is history...

Is Harbaugh even more motivated to leave Mich. for the NFL now?...

How good would it be to see Harbaugh on the Jet sidelines next season?...

Ive been crying for this for years. I'm still crying

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I hope he will

Every time he speaks, Saleh seems more and more like a smoothbrained dickhole who is in over his head and Douglas has, by and large, been mediocre at best outside of this recent draft class and the returns on the Jamal and Darnold trades.

Hopefully Woody has had enough of it after nearly 25 years.

It’s time for this team to swing for the fences.

Enough with hiring these first time HC’s and GM’s.

The most established overseer this team has brought in during Woody’s tenure as owner is Adam Gase.

That’s f*cking pathetic and it needs to change.

high quality ovation GIF

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

Ross connection is strong though.  I hope to everything they do fire McDaniel and we can land him as our next OC.

yeah but isnt McDaniel under contract for a few years? no way Miami lets him go to us.

15 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Isn’t the “major violation” that he paid for a sandwich for a recruit and then lied to investigators about paying for it? Which is hysterical to think about in the NIL era

I think it’s improper phone calls to prospective recruits, a violation that caused UConn to fire Kevin Ollie, who won a title.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I remember when Saleh came here, a lot of us were hoping for McDaniels (based on what we read about both). I’d love to steal him but why wouldn’t he go back to San Fran?

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Drums said:

I remember when Saleh came here, a lot of us were hoping for McDaniels (based on what we read about both). I’d love to steal him but why wouldn’t he go back to San Fran?

He’s, also, very good friends with Saleh.  McDaniel, from what I had heard, was actually Saleh’s first choice, but he was the one Shanahan didn’t want to lose and did the necessary things to stop him from leaving.

• Upvote 2

I’ve been very anti-fire Saleh.

But if we can get a Harbaugh or Payton (most likely not realistic though) I think you have to.

I’m looking past wins / losses:

• the Zack Wilson botched development of historical proportions

• current losing streak with playoffs on the line

• Not pulling injured Mike White in Seattle with playoffs on the line

• Lack of offensive staff oversight with player development 

I don’t know I’m not saying definitely fire him but if you can get a back channel agreement in place I think you have to make a move.

The alternative is to bolster the offensive staff + find a QB but guess what? You’re limited with both areas due to the potential lame duck situation.

What QB GURU is coming here (that also fits your scheme) to work for 16 year old looking MLF + potential regime change in 2023?

What QB are you going to find that fits your scheme + has to be signed off on by your new QB GURU? Again, before this new bolstered offensive staff comes here they’re going to want to know who they team is going after AND agree or it’s doomed before it starts.

Too many variables at important parts of the team. I think Saleh gets another year as has been reported. But, I’m not too confident it will work out.

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I’ve been very anti-fire Saleh.

But if we can get a Harbaugh or Payton (most likely not realistic though) I think you have to.

Agree with this. I’m a pretty big supporter of the current regime relative to most on this board but I’d clean house in a heartbeat for Payton or Harbaugh, especially Payton.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Agree with this. I’m a pretty big supporter of the current regime relative to most on this board but I’d clean house in a heartbeat for Payton or Harbaugh, especially Payton.

Unfortunately…none of which will happen. 

So, let’s all shave our heads, remove our break pedals, and lean into that gas pedal until we reach the inevitable collision impact point of NFL obscurity.  

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Mogglez said:

He’s, also, very good friends with Saleh.  McDaniel, from what I had heard, was actually Saleh’s first choice, but he was the one Shanahan didn’t want to lose and did the necessary things to stop him from leaving.

Well, that's promising to hear