Burrow Vs Allen

LockeJET

Having a debate with a buddy of mine. I’m just curious what others think. If you are starting a team, which quarterback are you taking? Who’s the better QB of the 2?

While Allen is certainly dynamic, he’s nowhere near the pocket passer Burrow is. Allen can play from the pocket but if you can slow him down on the ground, he becomes mistake prone in the air. I’d take Burrow all day long.

What say you?

I do think the Josh Allen has made some really great plays, but he is also more prone to bad plays than other QBs who are considered elite. Also, I'm not sure what his career thus far would look like if you took away his threat as a broken play runner. But, for this game, and at this point of their careers, I take Allen for his ability to turn nothing into something with his legs. In 2 to 3 years, I'd probably switch to Burrow. 

Long term, probably Burrow. You're splitting hairs here which makes it a fun question. I trust his pocket management lasting a while more than Allen's freakishness, think Allen maybe ends up going on a different version of the Roethlisberger trajectory and can last a while just as a tough to sack dude. And love Burrow's intangibles, not that Allen's are anything to sneeze at, but whatever the it factor is with athletes Burrow's definitely got it.

Just now, extmenace said:

Burrow. Josh Allen’s legs make it easier for him to pass. His style of play won’t age as well. While both guys are very good right now, when Allen’s rushing ability starts to fall off, his overall effectiveness will as well.

Eh I think at that point, he'll just be a Big Ben type of QB. Still can throw really well. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I think you can win a chip with either guy. Josh Allen has a tendency to get into multi-turnover games so I'd prefer Burrow.

Both are great, so we are splitting hairs, but I think I agree. 

The other issue I still have with Allen is I constantly worry about him getting hurt. He runs a lot and seems to take a lot of big hits and people forget that he did have a concussion his rookie season. He gets one more of those, and all of a sudden, you are going to want to seriously consider limiting his carries. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Both are great, so we are splitting hairs, but I think I agree. 

The other issue I still have with Allen is I constantly worry about him getting hurt. He runs a lot and seems to take a lot of big hits and people forget that he did have a concussion his rookie season. He gets one more of those, and all of a sudden, you are going to want to seriously consider limiting his carries. 

Ironically, Burrow is the one who blew out an ACL, Allen has been the healthier of the two.

Long term, I take Burrow.  

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Both are great but it is my feeling that Burrow requires a better supporting cast.

the bengals offensive line is a mash unit and burrow is still producing.  he reads and gets the ball away so quickly, a div 3 college line would be good enough.  his timing and ball placement is the best I have ever seen. and it is consistent.  he will make an average offense work,  with allen, he is a QB and RB all rolled into one.  

• Upvote 2

Josh Allen is a threat to get you points with his arm and his legs. He's got 38 rushing touchdowns since coming into the league, and averages almost 8 rushing touchdowns a season. Points matter in this league. If you combine regular season and playoffs he's scored 39 rushing touchdowns and 155 passing touchdowns. All together that's 194 rushing/passing touchdowns divided 83 career starts with the Bills, which is an average of 2.34 touchdowns per start by ground or air. Looking at Burrow, in 47 career starts for the Bengals in the regular season and playoffs combined, he has 11 rushing touchdowns and 88 passing touchdowns. That's 99 career touchdowns for Burrow in 47 starts for an average of 2.11 touchdowns per game. Burrow is more of a pure passer, but if you're asking me to split hairs and pick one of them to build a team, I'd go with Josh Allen over Joe Burrow because I think he's built like Favre in terms of not missing games. Lastly, Josh Allen isn't as dangerous as Favre, who's INT percentage was much worse than Josh Allen's especially in the playoffs. With all that said, I'm taking the Bengals this week over the Bills. It's a teams sports, and I think the Bengals are the better team.

1 hour ago, LockeJET said:

Having a debate with a buddy of mine. I’m just curious what others think. If you are starting a team, which quarterback are you taking? Who’s the better QB of the 2?

While Allen is certainly dynamic, he’s nowhere near the pocket passer Burrow is. Allen can play from the pocket but if you can slow him down on the ground, he becomes mistake prone in the air. I’d take Burrow all day long.

What say you?

I'm taking Allen (What I wanted when we drafted Darnold) but realistically they are both very good.  I lean Allen because he's built like a tank and is durable.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

the bengals offensive line is a mash unit and burrow is still producing.  he reads and gets the ball away so quickly, a div 3 college line would be good enough.  his timing and ball placement is the best I have ever seen. and it is consistent.  he will make an average offense work,  with allen, he is a QB and RB all rolled into one.  

Burrow got killed and blew out his knee due to the offensive line.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I'd rather Burrow. Just think he's a better passer overall. His accuracy is absurd. And QB swag for dayzzz. Sign me up. 

It’s kinda cringe to talk about it but his swagger and confidence are next level. Like, white people are usually not capable of being as cool as Joe, lol. 

46 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Burrow got killed and blew out his knee due to the offensive line.

all qbs take hits.  bad luck and awkward positioning that leads to contact injuries to the joints.  true, thought.  a bad line increases the risk of serious injury for any qb.  

The doltfins did pretty well containing Allen. He has to be kept in the pocket and hopefully one guy will get to him.  I don’t think I’ve seen a game where he wasn’t strip sacked. As for burrow, good passer.  Of the two I think Allen has the edge because of his running ability.

13 hours ago, LockeJET said:

What say you?

I was an Allen Guy when he came out, and I live watching him play.  He is exciting.  

If I am starting a team I am all on Board the Burrow Express.