Who Is League MVP?

Who is MVP?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Who is MVP?

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m not sure I understand your logic, guys.

The reason I chose Hurts is the way the Eagles looked when he did get hurt.

The logic is that you are judged on the whole season of work.  The Jets did not win when Wilson was out, that does not make him any better, Lamar went out and the ravens faded.  You get no bonus points because your team does not have a good enough backup Qb or plan.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The logic is that you are judged on the whole season of work.  The Jets did not win when Wilson was out, that does not make him any better, Lamar went out and the ravens faded.  You get no bonus points because your team does not have a good enough backup Qb or plan.

After reading this, we’re going to have to just agree to disagree here. We’re not even on the same wavelength on this one.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Mahomes narrowly over hurts.  If hurts did not get 'hurt' I would have picked him perhaps.

I go the other way.

Hurts starts, the Eagles are 14-1.   He doesn't, they are 0-2.   That being said, to me it's a "Pick 'em" this year, either could win.  I think Hurts will, if anything because he never won an MVP and Mahomes has, and some people will want to give it to someone new.  (not saying that is right or even logical)

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I go the other way.

Hurts starts, the Eagles are 14-1.   He doesn't, they are 0-2.   That being said, to me it's a "Pick 'em" this year, either could win.  I think Hurts will, if anything because he never won an MVP and Mahomes has, and some people will want to give it to someone new.  (not saying that is right or even logical)

I do not hand teams or players wins or stats for games they do not play.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Hurst record in games he started is 14 and 1.  Burrow's record in 16 game starts in 12 and 4, Mahomes in 17 game starts 14 and 3.  Josh Allen 16 game starts 13 and 3.  Jefferson 17 game starts 13 and 4.

Hard to penalize Hurst for winning more games than Allen, Burrow and Jefferson in his game starts and having a better win lost percentage than Mahomes with the same amount of wins.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

The reason I chose Hurts is the way the Eagles looked when he did get hurt.

Also, coincidentally the reason why my head would explode if anyone decides to listen to some here and decides to target Minshew as a Jet QB

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, undertow said:

They should just call these awards player of the year instead of MVP so everyone doesn't have a different definition of what MVP means. lol

Excellent point, and it’s exactly why I told @Beerfish we should agree to disagree. The term “MVP” means different things to different people.

If the I looked at the award as one for the best player in the game, I’d have said Mahomes, but I look at is as the most important to his (good) team. When Hurts was out, I saw how valuable he actually is to the Eagles.

That said, I have no problem with beerfish’s choice either. Mahomes is obviously a good choice also.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Also, coincidentally the reason why my head would explode if anyone decides to listen to some here and decides to target Minshew as a Jet QB

Earlier this year I would’ve been okay with Minshew, but he was kinda exposed this year when he was needed to fill in, so yeah. I agree with you now.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I agree. 
No one can prove that with Hurts playing they wouldn’t have lost those games.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Excellent point, and it’s exactly why I told @Beerfish we should agree to disagree. The term “MVP” means different things to different people.

If the I looked at the award as one for the best player in the game, I’d have said Mahomes, but I look at is as the most important to his (good) team. When Hurts was out, I saw how valuable he actually is to the Eagles.

That said, I have no problem with beerfish’s choice either. Mahomes is obviously a good choice also.

I personally think if it's player of the year I would give it to Justin Jefferson but MVP 90 percent of the time should be a QB so I would give it to Hurts/Mahomes.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I do not hand teams or players wins or stats for games they do not play.

Agreed. Also, awarding Hurts extra points because he got hurt and his team sucked assumes that if the other players got hurt, their teams wouldn't suck? So you're taking away points from someone like Mahomes for staying healthy?

I think Hurts had a phenomenal year. However, what Mahomes did after losing a top 3 WR was just as impressive, with a weaker overall roster and in a better division and conference. Look what losing a top 3 overall WR did to Aaron Rodgers this year. Maybe more importantly, the Eagles were the 6th best team according to DVOA; Chiefs 17th; yet they won the same amount of games.

Mahomes is way more valuable to his team than Hurts.  Eagles OL is one of the best in the league along with 2 top receivers.

It’s really not close imo.  I know people love to complain about Mahomes getting special treatment by the league/media, but he has been as close to perfect as a QB could be since taking over in KC.  Year after year.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Darnold's Forehead said:

Mahomes is way more valuable to his team than Hurts.  Eagles OL is one of the best in the league along with 2 top receivers.

It’s really not close imo.  I know people love to complain about Mahomes getting special treatment by the league/media, but he has been as close to perfect as a QB could be since taking over in KC.  Year after year.

Eh, Eagles looked not the same when Hurts went out for a couple of games. It's really neck and neck between Mahomes and Hurts.