John Beck: “Zach Wilson needs to reinvent himself”

5 minutes ago, TeachMeHowtoDouglas said:

He also said Zach doesn’t have the ability to get out of NY and it’s tough playing on a team with little talent. 

Here come the proxies as predicted now that BYU is too tarnished by the “me first, team never” reputation to fight his own battle.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, TeachMeHowtoDouglas said:

He also said Zach doesn’t have the ability to get out of NY and it’s tough playing on a team with little talent. 

This is exactly what I'd expect out of Zach's personal QB Coach. The little piece I found interesting was the "I'm not sure he could get out of NY right now" - Gotta imagine Wilson would look for guidance and they probably both know Douglas won't sell low.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, TeachMeHowtoDouglas said:

Lol.   Horrible summary.  Hit your balls with a hammer.  

It was in response to a question and showed the mindset is to get better.   

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Here come the proxies as predicted now that BYU is too tarnished by the “me first, team never” reputation to fight his own battle.

Except that’s not what he said at all.  Talked half the time about needed to change his game lol.   

26 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Ok he is being misquoted by the OP ... Watch the video Lemmings... It's short ...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Par for the course lol 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Hal N of Provo said:

Lol.   Horrible summary.  Hit your balls with a hammer.  

It was in response to a question and showed the mindset is to get better.   

Except that’s not what he said at all.  Talked half the time about needed to change his game lol.   

Par for the course lol 

Lodge your protest with OP who provided the summary 

10 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

We put an unprepared rookie on the field behind a weak offensive line in week 1 and he was absolutely demolished by a tough carolina panther defense.  It was brutal.  Not sure if the kid ever got over that but he's never really shown the willingness to hang in the pocket and take a hit in exchange for the time to allow a play to develop ever since.   Not sure you can be coached out of that or who's fault it ultimately was.  Maybe someone tougher mentally grows from it.  Maybe better coaching doesn't put him in that position in the first place or at least adapts a game plan to take advantage of whatever strengths he might have.  Like all major failures there's plenty of blame to go around.  Time to move on...

Good points yet a lot of people want to get behind Carr.  Carr had the same issues as a raider. His brother was demolished during his brief career.  I think the talent comment by beck may refer to the bad oline and guys like hall and avt being knocked out. Give Zach an oline and run game and he’ll win games. That can be said of nearly all QBs, though.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Good points yet a lot of people want to get behind Carr.  Carr had the same issues as a raider. His brother was demolished during his brief career.  I think the talent comment by beck may refer to the bad oline and guys like hall and avt being knocked out. Give Zach an oline and run game and he’ll win games. That can be said of nearly all QBs, though.

The best way for him to win games is to hand the ball off to a rookie phenom RB, throw for 80 yards and no picks.

1 hour ago, TeachMeHowtoDouglas said:

You see, I agree with this.  Denzel Mims is only 6'3".  CLEARLY if he was 7'5", Zach wouldn't have sailed so many balls over his head on quick slants or 5-yard outs.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

You see, I agree with this.  Denzel Mims is only 6'3".  CLEARLY if he was 7'5", Zach wouldn't have sailed so many balls over his head on quick slants or 5-yard outs.

Funny i was thinking ..If only Mims could grow some new hands.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Haha 1

People are too sensitive about this stuff.

I think he's saying that, in college, there are games where your team is a lot more talented than your opponent and a QB can get away with things that he can't get away with in the NFL (where almost every team is talented).  If you play on a great team, maybe there's more room for error but the Jets are certainly not at that level

He's not wrong about the team having injuries/holes and about the Jets being a challenging place to play.

He's also right, though, that Zach needs to work on getting better.  He stunk last year.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Could he though.....could he?

Uhhh .. yeah ... i guess you missed that he won more games than any other QB on the roster last year ? And that all the wile he sucked.  So if he gets an OLine ... any OLine that can protect ... he could be expected to improve.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 1