Former Chiefs star absolutely blasts Eric Bieniemy

jetsons

Thats no different then tons of guys.  Matt nagy, kevin oconnell, mike mcdaniel, zach taylor etc etc etc.
Im not sure why beinemy hasnt gotten a hc gig, but its not the fact that hes not the play caller.
If McCoy isn't full of sh*t ... Bienemy not only didn't call the plays ... He had little to do with the playbook or coaching.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Thats no different then tons of guys.  Matt nagy, kevin oconnell, mike mcdaniel, zach taylor etc etc etc.

Im not sure why beinemy hasnt gotten a hc gig, but its not the fact that hes not the play caller.

I’m sure in a copycat league, hiring the Chiefs’ OC became less appealing after Nagy’s HC tenure.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, PS17 said:

Everyone knows the KC offense is all Andy Reid. Bieniemy has a sketchy legal past if I recall. He’s interviewed with 15 teams and no one has hired him. There is certainly a problem with black coaches not getting enough opportunities in the NFL, but I’m sick of hearing about Bieniemy every year. 

really? because there is literally a rule requiring every team to interview a black (or minority at the very least) candidate for openings. if they aren't the best candidate they aren't the best candidate. 

• Post of the Week 2
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, derp said:

I’m sure in a copycat league, hiring the Chiefs’ OC became less appealing after Nagy’s HC tenure.

If that were true, then hiring every Belichik assistant after Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel would never have happened. 

The copycat aspect is that these teams have no idea what they’re hiring for, so if team A passes on a guy, team B suspects there’s something they don’t know and they pass too.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

If that were true, then hiring every Belichik assistant after Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel would never have happened. 

The copycat aspect is that these teams have no idea what they’re hiring for, so if team A passes on a guy, team B suspects there’s something they don’t know and they pass too.

Language difference between “will never be hired again” and “became less appealing”.

7 hours ago, jetsons said:

The reason Most Everyone knew why Bienemy never got hired as a HC...

Former Chiefs star absolutely blasts Eric Bieniemy (msn.com)

For the past five years, Eric Bieniemy has held the title of offensive coordinator for the Kansas City Chiefs as the team won two Super Bowls in three appearances. But as former Kansas City Chiefs star LeSean McCoy reveals, that doesn’t necessarily mean he’s the one that’s been running the offense.

Eric Bieniemy
Eric Bieniemy© Provided by The Comeback

This week, LeSean McCoy has some shocking comments about Eric Bieniemy, revealing that he wasn’t responsible for the Chiefs’ offensive success.

“What’s his value? What makes him a good offensive coordinator? See, the problem is a lot of these people who go on social media. ‘Oh, he should be the guy for the job’ – they haven’t played there. They’re not in the locker room, McCoy said during an appearance on Speak. “I’ve been in the rooms where he’s coaching, and he has nothing to do with the pass game at all, right? When the plays are designed? That’s Andy Reid!”

McCoy claimed that Bieniemy had “no real responsibility” when it came to running the Chiefs’ offense.

“When I’m asked about Eric Bieniemy, what makes him good?” McCoy said. “When we watched the film in practices and we correct – the wide receivers, the running backs, the quarterbacks – he doesn’t talk in there. Andy Reid talks in there. He may say things to the running backs because he’s an ex-running back coach, but he has no real responsibility. Now you go from the Chiefs—where you can hide behind Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid—to Washington where you’ve got to call plays? You’ve got to run the meetings? You gotta run the installs?”

These are certainly concerning comments for the Washington Commanders after they just hired Bieniemy to run their offense.

This is the worst kept secret in the NFL. That said, EB is getting his shot for being around one of the best run O's in the game. I'm a bit surprised McCoy felt a need to say this now. 

• Upvote 2

This is disgruntled ex-employee sh*t.  McCoy, wasnt part of the offense because Bieniemy new he was washed.  Every single player on the team would say differently about Bieniemy and rave about how he's the glue guy of the coaches.  And McCoy was there for 1 year, 4 years ago?  It's not possible his responsibilities increased since that time?  Stupidity. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, k-met57 said:

Shady is just mad that he went to KC at the tail end of his career and they treated him like he was just another guy...which he was. I do not think that EB is HC material based on everything thats happened, but this is just sour grapes + hot take.

100%.  And as I mentioned above, he was there 4 years ago.  Most employees after a few years at the same employer, if they're decent, receive increased responsibility.  McCoy doesnt know his ass from his elbow about what's been going on in that lockerroom. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

100%.  And as I mentioned above, he was there 4 years ago.  Most employees after a few years at the same employer, if they're decent, received increased responsibility.  McCoy doesnt know his ass from his elbow about what's been going on in that lockerroom. 

We know what’s going on the field. They winning Suoerbowls. Wasn’t long ago Andy Reid was known as a post season choker. Not any more. Thank you Eric Bienemy, thank you. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This is the worst kept secret in the NFL. That said, EB is getting his shot for being around one of the best run O's in the game. I'm a bit surprised McCoy felt a need to say this now. 

because bienemy recently got hired as the OC for Washington... and shady feels he doesn't deserve it.

• More Ugh 4

57 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Hahaha, the league is bloated with nepotism … but okay. 

Im not even laughing at the minority hirings side of this, either. The Rooney rule really doesn’t help, it’s just for league PR in moments like this… where someone need to say, “but see, there a requirement!”

The mere notion that the NFL is about hiring the most qualified candidates is hilarious. 

Clayton Keller Hockey GIF by NHL on NBC Sports

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, jetsons said:

because bienemy recently got hired as the OC for Washington... and shady feels he doesn't deserve it.

That was kind of my point. McCoy hasn't  been around the team for some time now. Why did he wait until EB got this job. It looks like McCoy had an ax to grind. McCoy wasn't a full-time starter for the first time in his career except for maybe when he was a rookie, had his lowest ever rushing numbers except that last season in Tampa, and only lasted that one season. He probably  blames EB for all that. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

If McCoy isn't full of sh*t ... Bienemy not only didn't call the plays ... He had little to do with the playbook or coaching.

If McCoy is truthful here, then the rest of the NFC East is celebrating. McCoy was no star in KC and ultimately benched and probably had a poor relationship with him too.  Jamaal Charles and a couple of others have publicly shouted bullsh*t on this.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Shady just trying to draw attention to himself now that he's working in the media. I think Shady has bit of an axe to grind with Eric Bieniemy due to Bieniemy's disciplinarian style as a coach when Shady was in Kansas City. Ron Rivera would never hire Bieniemy if he didn't think he was qualified to be his offensive coordinator. I think he'll do a fantastic job in Washington. They have lots of room for improvement that's for sure. 

• Upvote 2

Andy Reid is not running the KC offense because his OC is unqualified. EB may or may not be qualified but Reid has done everything he can to spotlight him and help him get another job out of his shadow. Props to Rivera for not following like a lemming. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I don't know that he said that.  He just said that everything he did was in the shade of Reid.  That is true.  Weird thing to me is that McCoy says that Bienemy said more to the RBs than WR or QB, but he is an RB, so presumably he was talked to more.  How much would he know about the other groups? 

48 minutes ago, Lith said:

McCoy played one season for the Chiefs at the tail end of his career and was not used much.  He was inactive for the AFCCG and the Super Bowl.  I might take what he has to say about the Chiefs with a grain of salt.

Similar to when Le'Veon Bell criticized Andy Reid, lmao.  

Divas gonna diva.  

• Upvote 2