Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

3 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

This has now dragged out too long. Prepare yourself for pain. This be a done deal if it was truly a done deal by now 

I agree the deal is done between the Jets and Packers Rogers is holding it up. Then if he does come does he show up for OTAs and show up to work with his receivers those are Question that Woody and company should have ask before they even sat down with the Packers. What fans on this board dont get He can wait it out force the Packers to release him after June 1.

Basically the Pack has said they don’t want him back. They especially don’t want to pay him on that contract. And no real rumored other teams want to sign him. As for Jets why bid against yourself offer GB a low ball offer including paying part of his salary. As to Rodgers. He’d be nuts to retire now. Would he really leave that kind of money on the table. The Jets are in the drivers seat unless Woody screws up. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

This has now dragged out too long. Prepare yourself for pain. This be a done deal if it was truly a done deal by now 

maybe you can throw something at JD this time if it falls through. or maybe maybe another lame video.

1 hour ago, FactsOnly said:

They’re not trading him in the NFC

its clear he’s coming to the Jets

He might want to go to a NFC team not the Jets  and all he has to do is refuse to play for the Jets and force the Packers to release him after June 1 then he can pick his own team. He still get his guaranteed money and will get a deal from the team of his choice 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

The idea that the Jets/Packers/Rodgers don’t know where this is going and this is all up in the air seems kind of silly at this point. They all know exactly what’s about to go down, for better or worse

agree, but if i had to guess i think the packers and the jets are playing the draft pick/cash balancing game. this smells too much like a game of chicken with a negotiation of some sort going down to the 11th hours.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

agree, but if i had to guess i think the packers and the jets are playing the draft pick/cash balancing game. this smells too much like a game of chicken with a negotiation of some sort going down to the 11th hours.

Absolutely. It all has to be posturing and hardball at this point

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MykePM said:

I’m surprised that people aren’t talking about this more because, to me, this explains a lot.  It makes sense that Rodgers would want to focus on his charity event without the distractions that would come with a big decision / announcement.  If I’m on the right track, I think it’s kind of cool that he would keep this event somewhat on the downlow, so it didn’t become all about the media barraging him with questions about what he’s going to do, or about his decision (if he had made it known by now).  Instead, this event went off without it being too much about him instead of the charity.

Now that it’s over, he can wake up tomorrow and say “OK, let’s do this”, and face all the attention and activity that will come with whatever announcement he makes, in time for the start of the legal tampering period.

Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but I now think tomorrow’s the day.  Sundays are for football, right?

Pretty good point. Hope you’re right 

• Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

He might want to go to a NFC team not the Jets  and all he has to do is refuse to play for the Jets and force the Packers to release him after June 1 then he can pick his own team. He still get his guaranteed money and will get a deal from the team of his choice 

I keep seeing this floated, not saying you’re wrong but who could it be? Falcons or Bucs? Even in a softer nfc that’s a depressingly worse opportunity at winning a Super Bowl than the Jets.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Matt Leinart is gonna be part of the “package deal” and you haters are gonna end up kissing my ASS

So Zach wasn't there to support his "bud" Aaron...

Could this be a clue about something that may or may not be happening?...

Could I be losing my mind?...

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, MykePM said:

I’m surprised that people aren’t talking about this more because, to me, this explains a lot.  It makes sense that Rodgers would want to focus on his charity event without the distractions that would come with a big decision / announcement.  If I’m on the right track, I think it’s kind of cool that he would keep this event somewhat on the downlow, so it didn’t become all about the media barraging him with questions about what he’s going to do, or about his decision (if he had made it known by now).  Instead, this event went off without it being too much about him instead of the charity.

Now that it’s over, he can wake up tomorrow and say “OK, let’s do this”, and face all the attention and activity that will come with whatever announcement he makes, in time for the start of the legal tampering period.

Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but I now think tomorrow’s the day.  Sundays are for football, right?

Great point. I do think AR being at this event with current NFL QBs does make you think he still wants to be an active part of the NFL and being involved in off season charity events, doesn’t sound like a guy that wants to retire. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, jayrad01 said:

Same here. If it you don't know at this point of you want to play or retire that's a huge problem. I think he walks away. 

Or he knows and isn't in a rush to let you know because he's aaron rodgers and likes to do things when he is ready..

Lol at thinking Rodgers is home in his bed at night tossing and turning over this decision.  He's just waiting for the right moment.  

Some of you are acting like the season starts Sunday and we need a decision asap.

I keep seeing this floated, not saying you’re wrong but who could it be? Falcons or Bucs? Even in a softer nfc that’s a depressingly worse opportunity at winning a Super Bowl than the Jets.
At 40 what does he want more, another ring or his $100M?

Anyway, Arod probably believes he is so good that any team he's on has a chance to win it all.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk