Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

23 minutes ago, win4ever said:

Yeah, anything short of a MVP type season, and it'll be spun as a mistake.  The Jets beat basically rips them anyway, because that is what sells.  Create controversy, then sit back and watch people go nuts over it because reporters are still seen as journalists, instead of reality tv producers.  Look at Maycock, master draft extraordinaire reporter, complete idiot of a drafter.  I think that's why a lot of the good organizations are very keen on keeping news in-house, because then they can control the narrative.  Unfortunately, the Jets are trying that while sucking on the field, so they get jokes on jokes. 

Every year, reports like "Last year's Day 1 free agency winners, didn't get good deals, most sucked" yet every night after Day I "Here are the winners and losers on Day 1".  

To be honest, I hate most of the NY media.  I rather listen to podcasts or fan blogs that discuss issues instead of creating them.  

I don’t mind the Athletic and “print” guys as much anymore now that Manish is banished, but the WFAN/ESPN crap has always been a bore. I do enjoy the podcasts so much more these days

28 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

It will be super interesting to hear what he has to say tomorrow.  

I would be shocked if it's not announced by then (or he announces it on the show) and assuming that's the case.  I expect they'll be some type of explanation as to what's been going on.  Then some type of thank you to the GB fans and organization...

And then - YES...an exiting overture to Jet fans to build some excitement.

30 for 30 coming in 2025

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

Just throwing this out there. Maybe @football guy can chime in..

Is it possible AR redoes his contract in a way to take less $$ what is currently on his contract to accomplish the majority on his "wish" list?

It almost seems like the Jets will only have $1 under the cap after the draft.   I know they can try and restructure a deal or two but it seems they will be really limited..

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Of all the handjobby myths you guys are inventing, positing Rodgers as some Q-like figure who will finally make The Media pay for their crimes is the weirdest. The Jets beat is full of tissue-soft kids and lazy veterans, and the second Rodgers gets here, they all get to spend a season at the center of the football universe. None of them will care that Wingo and McAfee broke the story, because they all have books to write. It’ll be six months of them making goo-goo eyes at Rodgers every time he makes a high school-level quip.

WTF are you babbling about?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, win4ever said:

I hate Aaron Rodgers the person, reminds me of the previous Nets nucleus.  He's got KD's whiny attitude, Kyrie's medical degree, and Harden's shaving skills.  

However, Rodgers the player transforms the team into an instant contender.  It's somewhat similar to the Brandon Marshall signing, in that he was seen as a malcontent diva, but played well here for a couple of years (albeit, him backing Fitzpatrick hurt the team long term).  If Rodgers can play 2 years, I couldn't care less how he treats the media.  The same media that can't wait to troll the Jets for anything, can't accept the fact that Rodgers is taking his time to announce it.  From all indications, it seems like the deal is done, but Rodgers wants to announce it on his own.  However, a lot of us fans take our cue from the media, and side with them, as this being a power ploy rather negotiations.  

Look at the differences in media coverage for the Lamar situation and this.  Lamar basically holding the Ravens hostage, hasn't taken their offer at all, and left them in limbo.  Yet, all the media coverage is "Lamar being unreasonable, what an idiot, should hire an agent".  What is our coverage?  "Look at the Jets being idiots, bent over a barrel, and basically losers because Rodgers still hasn't agreed to the deal".  

Rodgers sounds like a pompous dick, but I'm also not taking sides with the pompous pricks otherwise known as the NY media.  If Rodgers signs, Rodgers signs.  If he retires, he saved us from Jimmy G being the QB for the near future.  We basically will swap out Lazard for Davis, which is a lateral move.  The rest are just rumors.  

Kyrie’s medical degree and Harden’s shaving skills had me dying. LOL. 

basically agree with all of this 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Of course it is childish.  Of course it's ridiculous.  But it's working and pissing them off.  Again, I have no problem with Schefy or Rapp.  I jsut find this whole thing comical.  

Any Jet fan paying attention knows he's coming here - that Wingo thing was a shoutout to the die hards letting us know he's coming.

Look, I know you want this to be all serious but I'm just having some fun with it.  Rodgers clearly is playing a game with these guys, he's clearly coming to the Jets - no one hurting anyone.  

It's just funny.  

In all seriousness he could be easily playing the same game with the Jets who have a gullible owner and a GM and coach who have no choice but to play along with it because they completely tanked the last two months of the season.

He will announce he is coming to the Jets and it will hopefully be a very short period of time, when we hear how much we had to give up for him. One thing is for certain, the deal is done. It’s just the announcement we are waiting on. I wouldn’t think he would do this big announcement without the Jets and Packers in agreement otherwise leverage is gone. 

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

In all seriousness he could be easily play the same game with the Jets and a gullible owner and a GM and coach who have no choice but to play along with it because they completely tanked the last two months of the season.

You understand what tanked means, right ? 

4 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

That was brutal. He sounds bitter for no reason.  Also how does it set the team back that far? Makes no sense 

Why do so many in the football media world try to take the shortcut to career advancement by constantly ripping on the Jets? They all take the shortcut of LOLJets rather than taking their time to work up the ladder like the good old days.

Just now, Matt39 said:

In all seriousness he could be easily play the same game with the Jets and a gullible owner and a GM and coach who have no choice but to play along with it because they completely tanked the last two months of the season.

I guess but that's not what's happening here.  JD is not gullible, he's been around the league a long time. 

This will all be over tomorrow and we can start to look at the rest of the off-season and prepare for Aaron Rodgers as the QB of the NY Jets.

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I guess but that's not what's happening here.  JD is not gullible, he's been around the league a long time. 

This will all be over tomorrow and we can start to look at the rest of the off-season and prepare for Aaron Rodgers as the QB of the NY Jets.

Narrator “in fact, it was not over by tomorrow”

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Man, even Rodgers can't make that jersey look good.  

blah 

He's not a super model. Not that it matters as that jersey is indeed hot garbage. However, any of the tarts below (maybe not the one in yellow) if you replace their dress with just the jersey they will make it look irresistible. My first round pick goes to the one in the middle.

History of the Supermodel: Supermodel Timeline

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

JDs not gullible but he has bad taste in qb 

James Morgan 

Joe Flacco 

Zach at 2

His qb judgment is poor 

And yes trading for AR is setting the team back long term for the sake of 1 or maybe 2 years attempting to win it all 

Saying that doesn't make you a Jets hater it's the truth 

You can't trade all these picks and sign marcedes Lewis and call it a sustainable plan for the future 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

So the only team interested in Rodgers was the Jets? (I mean woody?) And now he’s pondering retirement or playing for the Jets? Ahem, we all know how situations like this end. And this one is definitely all on woody.

Aaron Rodgers at this stage of his career couldnt beat old man brady, couldnt beat jimmy g and couldnt beat jared goff when it mattered over the past few years.  This was at home at lambeau.  The jet fans expectations of what they are getting in rodgers is so off its unbelievable.

To put the jets and the super bowl in the same sentence because of aaron rodgers is lunacy.

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 2
  • Ugh 2

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Narrator “in fact, it was not over by tomorrow”

For those of you that require Adam Schefter to report it to be real - It will be "officially" announced tomorrow.  

It has already been reporter by someone close to Rodgers in Trey Wingo (who had inside info already in this process)  But that's not good enough for some for some reason.  But it's done. 

Aaron Rodgers will talk about it on McAfee and we'll get some thoughts from him.  Adam Schefter will be able to report it tomorrow so everyone can calm down.

And then we can move on from this phase.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

For those of you that require Adam Schefter to report it to be real - It will be 'officially" announced tomorrow.  

It has already been reporter by someone close to Rodgers in Trey Wingo (who had inside info already in this process.  But that's not good enough for some for some reason.  But it's done. 

Aaron Rodgers will talk about it on McAfee and we'll get some thoughts from him.  Adam Schefter will be able to report it tomorrow so everyone can calm down.

And then we can move on from this phase.

That missing parenthesis will leave me on edge for the rest of the week, sir

• Haha 2