Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

The Packers can not afford to have the Jets walk away. As unpopular as it would be the Jets could say **** the Packers and go trade a late round pick for Stafford. The Packers will take what they're offered and do it with a smile on their face 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, FootballLove said:

If your crystal ball shows the Jets stun the world and win the next 3 Super Bowls in a row, who's our QB for Win #3? Your crystal ball shows Aaron Rogers as our QB for the first 2 wins, but then goes fuzzy after that. Fill in the blank!

Zach Wilson, 2nd QB in 25 years to win MVP and SB MVP in one season. Caps off a 55 TD, 5600 yard regular season with a historical postseason, averaging 465 pass yards per game and 3.7 TDs per game. Throws for 7 TDs in the SB and 563 passing yards, as well as a rushing TD and 75 rushing yards. The defense records 8 INTs and Sauce records a Safety against the other team in the biggest blowout in SB history with a score of 72-3. In the SB MVP speech after, Zach credits all of the encouragement he got from JN, and makes up for his previous press conference scandal by giving all of the credit he didn't give to JN to his defense and the team around him, and everything is sunshine and roses.

Then I wake up.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, JiF4Lamar said:

You know, it's funny, if you recall, I created the "if you build it, they will come" thread regarding JD building a roster that would attract Russ or Rodgers and here we are but this all is just stinky right now.   Idk, I didnt envision getting bent over the in the process and JD essentially cowering to his every demand but, beggers cant be choosers.  W/ Lazard reportingly signed, I assume this is happening

JiFa-aron? JiFarod? JiFaronrod? 

@playtowinthegame

JiF Bezos?

image.jpeg.1dfffc75177df2f0e4544078610a5e6c.jpeg

5 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The Packers can not afford to have the Jets walk away. As unpopular as it would be the Jets could say **** the Packers and go trade a late round pick for Stafford. The Packers will take what they're offered and do it with a smile on their face 

where exactly are “the Jets walking away” to at this point?

Stafford is the Rams QB.

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

In the past few years Rodgers was league MVP twice. WTF are you even talking about?

I think Joe Wills was referring to Rodgers and packs early exits from playoffs past decade, many on their home turf while favorite. Some of superstition, but to me that means rodgers is due to deliver deep into playoffs  :)

i just checked out his page and in the video for a day ago about Rodgers he said he knew things but didnt want to get involved.

then he said he had to block a Jets fan who kept bothering him for info. he said it was sad because hes going to probably have a lot of Jet fans watching his videos in the next couple of years. then he swears he knows nothing.

idiot didnt realize he just gave it away.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, FootballLove said:

If your crystal ball shows the Jets stun the world and win the next 3 Super Bowls in a row, who's our QB for Win #3? Your crystal ball shows Aaron Rogers as our QB for the first 2 wins, but then goes fuzzy after that. Fill in the blank!

Rodgers signed an extension

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

I have enjoyed podcasts so much.  I, honestly, want to start my own and, recently, put together a high end gaming computer that can also handle the editing to put it at the level that I would like to present it at.  The last few logistics I’m trying to figure out are whether or not it would be Jets-centric, all encompassing for the NFL, or NY Sports-centric.  I still have the blog, but the idea of getting in front and out there just seems way more fun and creative, especially when I, honestly, think about how often I post here and talk football with people in real life too.

You know who hit up for that draft SZN sweetheart 

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

My way of enjoying the ride is by keeping expectations super low and being surprised by the success 

This hype train / despair cycle is a yearly occurrence 

Correct. I won’t do it to myself. Baseline is epic disaster. Haven’t been disappointed in many years even though this has been worse stretch of Jets football in my lifetime.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Shure MV7X XLR. 

I'm an av dork.  One of best under 200. 

If you look at brand of mics used on various shows you'll see Shure on the mic.  Pretty sure Rogan, Boomer and Gio etc use Shure. 

I use the Shure SM7B for voice over work.  It's great and I would highly recommend Shure as a brand.

1 hour ago, Drums said:

Change your name to Toby Flenderson this instant!

? Thats an amazing idea. That's so f'ing perfectly appropriate for the way I feel about AR compared to the rest of this board. God, I love a well placed Office reference and that was perfect. I appreciate you! 

the-office-michael-scott.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Indeed, folks are so nervous and uneasy that they don't want to believe anything positive about Rogers least they get their hopes up to high only to have them dashed on the history of failed Jets dreams...

This time things might be different and that is what is really scary.. 

Aaron Rodgers purely as a QB is the 2nd best choice for the New York Jets.  I would have preferred Carr for 4 years of stability but it is what it is.  (In my opinion of course)

If it was just left as that, the NY Jets in the off season trading for the guy even though I dislike him personally a great deal then fine.  We have a high ceiling QB for two years.

But it is not just like that.

He drags it out making this whole thing into a total clown show for his own amusement it seems.

He can't just be like every one else he has to do it his way, which is different than anyone else's way.

Now we are getting into making football moves purely to make him happy, whether they are in fact good football moves or not it does not matter.

The amount of sheer ass kissing by the Jets, the Packers and a good portion of the fan base is annoying as hell.  The Jets should have had their starting QB issue resolved by early in FA tampering range and thus be able to concentrate on all the other things that you need to attend to.

You are being paid $60 million dollars for this year do your damn job and be a pro about it.

And as for next off season?  Well if the team does well or not well he will be musing about retirement  as long as possible putting his team and the fans (in this case the Jets) through a ringer.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Look. I get the excitement, but let's not do a victory lap just yet.  Rodgers is old by NFL QB standards.  We have no idea how good he is going to be in 2023 or beyond.  It's premature and presumptuous to proclaim him the best QB the Jets have ever had before he takes a snap.  The same could have been said in 2008 with Favre and that didn't end up well.  So let's pump the brakes a bit and see how the season turns out.  If Rodgers plays like he did last season, or worse (which is possible at his age), he will not be anywhere near the best QB in Jets history.  He could be average or be a conservative game manager and the Jets could still do well (like the Broncos with Manning at the end of his career), but it is not unreasonable to expect that Rodgers  won't be the same QB he was 10, 5 or even 2 years ago.  The QB room clearly got better, the Jets can move on from Wilson,  and the Jets now have a legitimate chance at a playoff berth.  This team could be the Rams of 2021 or the Bucs of 2020.  But NFL history is also filled with QBs who changed teams at the end of their careers and were completely finished.  I'm hoping for the former, but wouldn't be shocked if it's the latter.  

Just so to know Rogers if he played like last year would be the 5 best all time performance by a QB. Our qbs ranked like 50th over all for starting qbs of 32 teams. So yeah sorry man didn't even make it to the bottom of your comment. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

For sure that is who it was. Rogers is onboard and helping recruit. All good

Rapoport said the Jets were in on Brendel before he signed with SF. So that sounds like Rodgers' work.

I am guessing ARod is working the phones for a C. If he is not working the phones as hard for a LT, that may mean Bakhtiari is included in whatever deal gets finalized.

• Upvote 1