Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Oh ok! Let’s clarify now that there are actually people out there that think Rodgers is demanding JD make signings to get him… 

It is such a stupid take on the media and dare I say some posters part to think that was what was going on.

Does anyone even remotely believe Rodgers was demanding these players happen in order for him to consider saying yes?

Even more unbelievable is thinking JD is sitting there afraid he is going to get fired if he does not do everything he asks.

These type takes is the heart of why Rodgers dislikes the media - and he is correct.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s from 6:24 AM

I stopped reading that thread 150 pages ago. It’s all hand-wringing and stress I don’t need.

It was all over thread yesterday.  You should rejoin you're missing out on Buttman trying to convince the masses the Rodgers signing will be a disaster the likes of the hindendurg. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Oh ok! Let’s clarify now that there are actually people out there that think Rodgers is demanding JD make signings to get him… 

Wait so is Schefter trustworthy now? I was repeatedly told he was getting iced out/owned by Rodgers, and we should ignore whatever he says

• Haha 1

Here's something that is also not getting reported.  Until the jets pick up Aaron Rodgers option, the cap hit for rodgers right now is only about a million dollars. The option doesn't accelerate to the cap till they pick it up and they don't have to pick it up till week 1. 

So although his cap hit will be around $15 million at some point this off season, initially it will only be about $1 million and it will give the Jets some extra room to spend in FA.

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I remember everyone of those way more than I should. Yikes! Winfield stung the most. 

True ... and me too ... but I also remember the Christmas Present that was Braylon Edwards out of completely nowhere.

Edited by Dunnie
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

You’re welcome

I wonder if these so called insiders and experts realize they are starting to act exactly as Rodgers wants and planned?

This reminds me of Rexx and the media. I always knew he would be entertaining with them but he was too emotional and could not separate those feelings/comments when dealing with them. He was basically the bull in the china shop.

Rodgers is a damn surgeon. He is so far ahead of them and will not fall into any of the traps. No idea how all of this will turn out - but I can certainly predict his dealings with the media will be entertaining and the definition of chess vs checkers.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

Sorry Boozer but it ain't happening today eitherimage.thumb.jpeg.49407f89d38a34a78236d02df6ab9e68.jpeg

Feel like he's going to announce it today on McAffee.. just to stick it to the national media to prove that they don't have anyone in his inner circle

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I wonder if these so called insiders and experts realize they are starting to act exactly as Rodgers wants and planned?

This reminds me of Rexx and the media. I always knew he would be entertaining with them but he was too emotional and could not separate those feelings/comments when dealing with them. He was basically the bull in the china shop.

Rodgers is a damn surgeon. He is so far ahead of them and will not fall into any of the traps. No idea how all of this will turn out - but I can certainly predict his dealings with the media will be entertaining and the definition of chess vs checkers.

Thoughtmaster: Revenge of the Truth Samurai

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Pac said:

Shure MV7X XLR. 

I'm an av dork.  One of best under 200. 

If you look at brand of mics used on various shows you'll see Shure on the mic.  Pretty sure Rogan, Boomer and Gio etc use Shure. 

I would estimate I see "Shure" on at least 90% of the mics on the podcasts I watch.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Wait so is Schefter trustworthy now? I was repeatedly told he was getting iced out/owned by Rodgers, and we should ignore whatever he says

I think the point is - it was obvious to anyone paying attention.  It was originally reported as a wish list.  Not a list of demands.  Schefty is simply repeating what we already know.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

An important reminder.  The last time Rodgers was healthy, had a #1 WR, and played under our current OC, below were his stats, which included a near 70% completion rate.  In 2 of the 3 years with Hackett as his OC, the Packers made the NFC Championship game.

passer rating of 121.5 with 4,299 yards, 48 touchdowns and 5 interceptions in 16 games in 2020. He won his third MVP award as the Packers offense averaged 31.8 points per game.

passer rating of 111.9 with 4,115 yards, 37 touchdowns and 4 interceptions in 16 games in 2021. He won his fourth MVP award as the Packers averaged 26.5 points per game.

An important reminder. Rodgers is older and less likely to be healthy, Garrett Wilson isn't davante Adams,  and our O sucks. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, heymangold said:

Wingo doesn’t know sh!t, just like I said days ago.  No one knows.  I saw florio said the packers could wait til the draft.  If so, move on.

bet he announces today... the start of Free Agency, officially... on Pat Mcaffee show.

Feel like its happening

now feel free to leave the Jetnation page

5 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Man these idiots need to stop talking. Acting like Garret Wilson is moving down to WR3 playing 20% of snaps. My goodness

Let them talk.

There's very few guys that take the time (or possess the intelligence) to think stuff through before spouting off. And that's fine in their industry. It's not their job to be correct. Their job is to appeal to the audience, and audiences like guys who criticize and yell.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Man these idiots need to stop talking. Acting like Garret Wilson is moving down to WR3 playing 20% of snaps. My goodness

I know we are in attack mode but this is what I’m afraid of, our team becoming a team within a team.

Rodgers needs to embrace the entire TEAM, don’t come in here with your buddies, digging in our food when you have been outside all day

• Upvote 1