Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Like Daniel Jones?  He = $41 mill per year. 

So TBH, I'll take Rodgers for $41 mill per year for 2 yrs over Jones for $41 million/yr for 4 yrs.

If it was just 41 million for two years of Rodgers and be done with him then of course as the gamble isn’t as huge but that extra 40 or so million that would be dead money when he’s retired can and will be crippling to sustainable success 

36 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Brady is the GOAT so the NFL and Brady won't want it shared.  I'll bet Rodgers could give a f*ck about it.  Plus, Brady has already won a ring with another team. Frankly... I really think it all comes down to this question....

Do I keep going another 2 years in a place I don't want to be for an ungodly amount money,  or do I shut it down now and move on with my already rich life?  There are a lot of rich people for whom this is no contest...  give me that money.  I don't know if Rodgers is like that.  

a lot of rich people don't stop working after they get rich.

a lot of non rich people say they would stop working if they got rich.

funny how that works sometimes.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

Would Rodgers not come here due to Woody's ties to Johnson and Johnson with the vaccine? Just wondering, not trying to start a political thing.

Woody has nothing to do with Johnson & Johnson.  He runs a foundation

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, hotrodcharlie said:

Let him retire. What a joke. We have to fly the owner, and half the front office/staff out to him convince him to play a game for $59 million in 2023. 

what a terribly run organization we have here. have some integrity.

FFS WE beat his ass last season

He's a shell of his former hot self anyway. People around here acting like it's 2015.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Wow so now he’s stepping on what greeny just reported about GB wanting the “sun and moon” for Rodgers. 

Met Greeny a couple times, nice guy but when he talks sports, he's usually wrong and his takes are outlandish. 

• Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Usually the jets lose out on players who go to other teams.  This could be the first time a player chooses not to play over playing for the jets. 

Even if the choice were play for the Jets or die...

The Jets would still only have a 50-50 shot...

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

LOL.  Do you really think that Rodgers will skirt camp... ? come on.  Too funny.  He'll be on a new team.  He will practically be in charge of the offense with Hackett. He'll be there.  It will be his offense.

The guy is a drug addled mega flake that just happens to be extremely talented as a QB. Literally anything is possible with this guy. Just not a fan of trading for declining 40 year old QBs expecting them to still perform

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, football guy said:

The one thing that makes this situation different: Favre always wanted to play for the Vikings. He has admitted he had revenge on his mind and  he also saw an opportunity to play for his former coach (Darrell Bevell) on a stacked roster in Minnesota. He and they felt they could win a Super Bowl together with him at the helm, but the Packers just wouldn't allow it. He ultimately agreed to play for us to avoid retirement, and after a wild year filled with injuries he retired again, only to come back and sign with none other than the Vikings. 

Rodgers doesn't have a division rival to go to (or worth going to). Most of the NFC teams who need QBs are not ready to compete or come with major flaws. The one team that would make sense - San Francisco - is not interested in him (reportedly) and he doesn't sound very interested in playing for them either. The NFC South and AFC West play Green Bay next year so I guess one TB, ATL, CAR, or LV would be plausible if revenge was truly his motivation, but which of those teams are ready to compete and can offer a favorable situation the way we can? Just seems like it has become Jets or nothing. 

Most of what I've seen suggests Rodgers bears no overt animosity towards GB the way Favre did.  Here's one quote from espn:

"If they feel like it was in the best interests of the team to move forward, so be it," he said. "Again, that wouldn't offend me, and it wouldn't make me feel like a victim. I wouldn't have any animosity towards the team. I love the organization, I love the city, I love the region. I'm a minority owner in the [Milwaukee] Bucks; I'm going to be a part of the region long after I'm done playing. I have a lot of love for what's gone on in Green Bay. And I'd love to finish there, I would. I might have finished there. Who knows?"

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

The guy is a drug addled mega flake that just happens to be extremely talented as a QB. Literally anything is possible with this guy. Just not a fan of trading for declining 40 year old QBs expecting them to still perform

ok... then get us Lamar. 

Nobody wants Garoppolo, Minshew, Dalton, etc.  

Well maybe Bit would want one of them instead of Rodgers.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, football guy said:

It's entirely up to him and the Jets are committed to giving him the space to make the decision. Yes the angst is awful as a fan, but the Jets expected this. This recruitment started well before the meeting so it's not like this hasn't been in the works for a while... I'm sure that was expressed and I'm sure they'll schedule follow up calls/meetings as needed because there's a ton to go over, but I don't anticipate this dragging out much longer personally. They have a soft deadline set at March 12, but the Jets will surely spend their weekend finalizing their FA plans, so my guess is they will hope to have an answer by Friday unless for some reason Rodgers asks for more time. At that point I'm not sure how the Jets would answer, but it honestly doesn't benefit Rodgers to wait longer either if he wants to be included in personnel decisions (which he has insinuated he does). 

I'm just guessing, but Rodgers probably is taking the day to reflect on everything they went over yesterday, making tomorrow key decision date for him. 

Is Joe gonna let him wear #12?

11 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

Let him retire. What a joke. We have to fly the owner, and half the front office/staff out to him convince him to play a game for $59 million in 2023. 

Football isn't a 1 vs 1 contest, just FYI.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Thank you. Every time someone posts that I wonder “how dumb can they possibly be?”

Not nice to call ppl dumb.

neither u nor i know what he is feeling and thinking.

while i dont personally believe it, it is indeed very feasible that a superstar narcissist player would want to have the focus on his retirement be all about him vs sharing it with the goat.

again, it is all speculation by everyone but ive heard crazier takes. No need to call ppl dumb if your speculation differs from the speculation of others

• Upvote 2
  • Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

This update tracks.  It's also pretty emblematic of the sh*tty situation we are in.  We need this guy, but he is kind of a dickwad and we will be fully at the mercy of his erratic whims as long as he's associated with the Jets.

yup.  We can handle it.  We're well-seasoned Jets fans.

• Haha 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Both Cimini and Garofolo coming out within minutes of each other suggesting the compensation going back to Green Bay will be a 2 and some change in 2025 if Rodgers plays two years

That tracks, too.  I don't think this is the hold up at all.  We just have to wait for his majesty to make his decision.

If only they brought Joe Rogan on that plane...

• Post of the Week 1

52 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Rex wanted Favre back, Brett wanted to move on.

Favre never wanted to be a Jet. He had to come here to get to Minn where he could stick it to the Packers. Different this time. NY and Aaron Rodgers were made for each other.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

That tracks, too.  I don't think this is the hold up at all.  We just have to wait for his majesty to make his decision.

If only they brought Joe Rogan on that plane...

I’m really just rooting for the chaos.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

Beating his ass is very likely a selling point lol

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, hotrodcharlie said:

Yeah   they should have waited for the Aaron to ride up to the Florham Park gates on his stagecoach.

• Haha 3