Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It's a narcissist's Garden of Eden.  All this, and knowing you'll be the center of attention in NY Sports for the next 2 years, even moreso nationally than ever before. Bringing more TV/entertainment offers...  He's sitting back and expediently relishing in all this.  Don't expect any announcement until at least tomorrow.  

The man is a flake. Gut says he stringing the Jets along to go back to the Packers.

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

Zach Wilson should be given the choice of extending his rookie deal another 2 years for about $9mm year with a third year option of $40mm year.  Plan on having him try to take over in 2025  If he flops, you cut him.  

If he refused to extend, tell him you will trade him to the worst possible team, or just cut him next year.  

The plan was always that Zach was supposed to be another Rodgers-so let him learn from the master and see if he can get it together.  If the plan is to have him watch Rodgers for 2 years and then take over, Wilson is not under contract for 2025.  That would have to be a fifth year option (see Love).  

Watch the Jets exercise Becton's and Wilson's fifth year options. 

you cannot change a rookie deal. all you can do is extend him the 1 year at the price the league set. 

that is a guaranteed set in stone contract for 5 years

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, varjet said:

Zach Wilson should be given the choice of extending his rookie deal another 2 years for about $9mm year with a third year option of $40mm year.  Plan on having him try to take over in 2025  If he flops, you cut him.  

If he refused to extend, tell him you will trade him to the worst possible team, or just cut him next year.  

The plan was always that Zach was supposed to be another Rodgers-so let him learn from the master and see if he can get it together.  If the plan is to have him watch Rodgers for 2 years and then take over, Wilson is not under contract for 2025.  That would have to be a fifth year option (see Love).  

Watch the Jets exercise Becton's and Wilson's fifth year options. 

Wilson sucks.  Rodgers won’t magically cure this.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I don’t know how Rodgers ticks but I can assure you twitter invites are not it.

Don't fool yourself.  Twitter can be like plutonium rocket fuel for the narcissist.  He's a bit on the older side for that however, but trust me... he is seeing EVERYTHING posted. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

This organizational push to have players tweet at Rodgers is not going to end well.

do we know this is being promoted by Saleh and co?  Or could the players be buzzin' on their own here.  There are no rules about this Im sure.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:
29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Zach Wilson right now:

loop spoilers GIF

From "the next Patrick Mahomes" to "instant coffee" to Mike White T-shirts, to being booed by the home crowd, to being benched for good, to the owner saying the main thing the team needs is a QB, to teammates openly calling for a replacement to take them to the next level.  

What a ride it's been for Zach.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, ZachWilsonRightArm said:

Are we going to get a Zach Wilson tweet urging Rodgers to come here?!

Once again, Zach Wilson is the source of our problems.  Rodgers is deciding whether he should retire instead of coming to NY and having his life made a living hell by the kid.  That's why it's taking him so long to decide.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 4

32 minutes ago, jetswin said:

I know the popular take is to make Zach the sad sack, however if you remember last summer Zach raved about Rodgers and their interactions. I wouldn't be surprised if he embraced Rodgers as much as the rest of the team and truly benefits playing and learning behind him.

Sure, but my jab had little to do with Rodgers - and more "imagine being Zach and seeing everyone drop you like a parking ticket" 

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Lamar is actually a worse idea.

so who the hell do you want under center week 1 next season? Which loser?

Garoppolo?  Dalton? Minshew? Winston? Mariota? 

whatever.

Rodgers or Lamar.  Time to start moving the ball, scoring and winning.  None of the others help. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

If they had to trade two early draft picks to get him, yes. To replace Testaverde after his 1998 season, yes (without knowing about the achilles injury that came in 99).  Elway retired for a reason. He left a SB caliber team for a reason. He likely knew he was done.  

You would not have traded a 2nd or 3rd round pick to have Elway on the 1999 Jets?   That fat **** traded a 6th for Rick Mirer.  The irony and silliness of not wanting Elway because he was a 39 year old coming off a super bowl MVP, pro bowl because we had. . .  36  year old Vinny Testaverde does not escape me.

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I was too busy scared in the other thread and now see this. We’re ****ed. He’s gonna retire. 

Part of me thinks this but another part of me knows that a massive ego like Aaron, he’s taking his decision down to the final second of the deadline.

41 minutes ago, Dcat said:

It's a narcissist's Garden of Eden.  All this, and knowing you'll be the center of attention in NY Sports for the next 2 years, even moreso nationally than ever before. Bringing more TV/entertainment offers...  He's sitting back and expediently relishing in all this.  Don't expect any announcement until at least tomorrow.  

He'll have to compete with Aaron Judge and... Jalen Brunson??? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

You know I don't normally post scoops, it isn't what we chase. This one came to me though from someone very reliable.

I was told things are up to Aaron Rodgers right now. It is the Jets or retirement and they are waiting on his decision but don't know when he will make it.

THIS ? WILL ? END ? BADLY