Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

25 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If this is the case - I'm totally cool with JD waiting this out.  Play a little chicken here and don't give in.  

Hold the line Joe!

I have confidence in JD.  He will make a reasonable trade.  Though I do wonder if "Jordan Love to the Jets" has come up in the discussions.  Could you imagine if that's the outcome after all these rumors?  I wouldn't hate it btw but it would be strange.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, football guy said:

Hated isn't the word. The problem he's facing is that there's a lot of impatience starting with ownership on down to the locker room, and when team openly feels they're only a QB away they're going to rally around whoever it is that leads them. When Joe beat the Browns they buzzed about him; when Zach beat Pittsburgh they buzzed about him; when Mike beat Chicago they buzzed about him.

Part of it is the current environment socially - everything is kneejerk and reactionary (see Stefon Diggs with Kirk Cousins and Josh Allen). The other is the trickledown effect. When the owner, HC, and GM are openly recruiting veteran QBs, the player's are going to as well. It's not a surprise to Zach either; they told him their plans (his group thought most likely was Jimmy Garoppolo). Honestly, the hope is that he is pissed off about it, humbled, hardened, and motivated by it. Then comes in with a different mindset and acceptance that he needs to make best out of the mentee role that he's given while working to prove that he's worthy of a spot

Appreciate the responses from @k-met57 @y2k8 and yourself.

Was not trying in any way to go down a Zach road in this thread - so back to what is important - getting Rodgers here.

Footballguy - any latest news you can share?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Sending anything for Rodgers is a horrible move. Woody will force it, it'll be an absolute disaster, JD will get the blame and in 2 years we'll be right back to post Mac level of rebuild status except we'll have no premium draft picks and the next GM will be selling off Breece and Sauce because we'll be blowing up the roster again and need draft picks. 

The amount of time we spent enjoying watching Seattle set themselves back years because of the horrible trade for Jamal... We'll be f*cked like the Bronco's after this trade. 

The Greenbay front office is going to be laughing their assess off and popping champagne while they submit that trade paperwork, thanking the football Gods that a Jets exist - A franchise stupid enough to give them premium assets to rid them of an albatross contract for a declining, head case QB who's wanted to  retire for 3 seasons. 

Yeah, this is going to go fantastically. 

You really just have to laugh.  Getting pulled around by the penis for a guy who clearly doesnt want to play Football anymore and literally sabotaged his teams entire season last year because he didnt find value in spending time w/ his new receiving core and then bitched about it while throwing them under the bus all season long and then, injured his throwing hand, but was too selfish to let the young buck take the reigns so he played through injury and ultimately cost his team the playoffs because he couldnt be himself.  lmfao.  There is a zero percent change this goes well but I'm here for it because at this point in my Jets fandom, I get all sorts of jazzed about how they're going to bone themselves yet again, while continuing to be the worst run franchise in all of sports.

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

Omg, I hate you for sharing this and therefore, agreeing w/ the biggest fraud of all these wannabe Schefters. 

LaCanfora:  Known Jets hater.  Over a decade of incredibly inaccurate reporting.   He's a jerk.  Plenty of reasons for the Jets to NOT pursue Jackson.  And I happen to like Jackson and hope the Jets pivot to him if AR falls through.   

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I don’t know what’s true but returning to Greenbay is not an option for many logical reasons, idk why people on tv keep saying this. 

Correct.   It’s retirement or trade.   I’m just saying if they can’t agree with the Jets the packers could wait until after June 1 and send him to say, the Panthers for a conditional pick next year.    Rodgers would be a panther.   He could play for them or retire.   GB doesn’t owe him the big bonus till the season starts

OK, I'm tired of this bullcrap, what's with this guy anyway? Either he wants to play football for the Jets or he doesn't and if NOT then he should be a decent enough of a person to stand by his words when he said he didn't want to hang anybody up. Well, here's a news flash for you Aaron, you're holding up millions of Jets fans with this indecision. You owe it to us to make a statement and tell us what is going on. If you don't want to come to New York City and play for a fan base and teammates who are starved for the services that we hope a player of your caliber can provide, then tell us, tell us SOMETHING. Because if you're playing games with us then we have another option we have a guy who is 26 years old who can be had. This. Is. Bull$hit!

• WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

This trade is not going to happen, it's too complicated and legal tampering begins Monday. I'm not convinced Arod has made a decision and the Jets can't afford to wait.

I can't recall a trade in any sport where the rumors drag out past a week and it is still completed.

If it's not done today JD needs to pull out of negotiations and pivot to Lamar and other options. It sucks, but it's time to come to grips with reality.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

18 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Appreciate the responses from @k-met57 @y2k8 and yourself.

Was not trying in any way to go down a Zach road in this thread - so back to what is important - getting Rodgers here.

Footballguy - any latest news you can share?

Expect some sort of resolution today; I'd be surprised if it drags out much longer. There's an outside we're waiting through Monday morning but I wouldn't expect it

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, football guy said:

Expect some sort of resolution today; I'd be surprised if it drags out much longer. There's an outside we're waiting through Monday morning but I wouldn't expect it

Thanks

Let's hope they work it out and we have exciting football for the next 2 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

27 minutes ago, ptisme said:

Correct.   It’s retirement or trade.   I’m just saying if they can’t agree with the Jets the packers could wait until after June 1 and send him to say, the Panthers for a conditional pick next year.    Rodgers would be a panther.   He could play for them or retire.   GB doesn’t owe him the big bonus till the season starts

so the panthers are going to pay $60MM not knowing if Rodgers is all in on playing?

he can go to first day of camp and "pull a hammy" and sit for the rest of the year.

10 hours ago, Hex said:

Yea but in this case GB has all of the leverage. They can ask for as much as they want and say "Well it's either this price or Jimmy G for you". Probably one of the reasons why it's not happened yet, as the Packers are asking for more than the Jets are willing to pay, but NY doesn't exactly have another option.

somebody owes aaron rodgers a $58.7 million guaranteed payout before the season starts.  if GB doesn't trade him and if rodgers doesn't retire, then GB owes him that money.  

sure, the jets would need to pivot to another QB if they don't acquire rodgers.  but GB has a huge incentive to make a trade

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, football guy said:

Can you confirm what the holdup is?

Is it the the Packers (details of trade) or is it Rodgers?

21 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

so the panthers are going to pay $60MM not knowing if Rodgers is all in on playing?

he can go to first day of camp and "pull a hammy" and sit for the rest of the year.

First thing that would happen is Rodgers would have to 1 play for them or 2 retire.   If he playing he’s already said he’d restructure.   If he pulled a hammy on the first day of camp it would be less of a problem for them than the jets because the panthers would owe GB a contingent 2024 pick.   So if he got put on IR it wouldn’t cost them any draft Capitol.   Lastly his bonus doesn’t get paid unless he’s on the team at the beginning of the REGULAR SEASON

1 minute ago, Fantasy Island said:

Get Lamar now!  Woody likes headlines.  F*** Karen Rodgers!  Get Lamar

Well you have to build an offense around him.   The appeal of Rodgers is he knows the Hackett offense and would be plug and play.    There is a learning curve to this offense.   Rodgers first year running it in 2019 was pedestrian by his standards and led to the drafting of Jordan Love.   Of course we all know how Russell Wilson looked his first year running it.   I was under the assumption the Jets were “win now”.   

• Upvote 1