Rodgers to the Jets - Support it, or Oppose it?

Do you support the Jets Possible/Pending Acquisition of Aaron Rodgers?  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the Jets Possible/Pending Acquisition of Aaron Rodgers?

I support A-A-Ron. I never thought he would want to come to NY. I think my main concerns are just his age and how much time he will play here. Also will his play diminish over the next year or 2? Also JD has to draft a qb this year or next to eventually take over for ARod because we all no that it’s not gonna be Zach. Will that piss him off?

• Upvote 1

It was one of only a couple acceptable possible outcomes so I'm happy with it (Rodgers,  Carr, Lamar). This option made me worry about 2026 and 2027 but that is future Lurkers problem. As with most things as it became inevitable i learned to accept it. Wide open window of contention for 2 years sounds like fun.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, sciond said:

This will be a setback in searching for a long term QB

And what long term QB would it stop us from getting in the next year? We weren’t ever gonna draft a QB early this year and so I am not sure what the setback is. 

• Sympathy 1

Of course I support it.   The guy if he has anything left is a tremedous talent.  Hated his press interview today.  Sounded a little too pissed at Green Bay and calling himself the greatest player the Packers ever had was over the top.  It's fine that he's got a big ego but that kind of narsasism on display just feels wrong.  Green Bays history is just too strong to discount everyone else.  The list of great Packer players is unreal. 

If he hasn't checked out and really embraces this we have a shot to be in the mix for the division, the playoffs and a playoff run.  

The other aspect is the Jets lack juice.  This gives the entire team juice and swagger.  We really don't have any identity.  Now we do.  

It's interesting, entertaining, hopeful.   It could absolutely blow up and end badly.   If we don't give up a ton in draft capital and we don't get saddled with a lot of dead cap if he retires in a year or two, it's a very good risk/reward scenario.  

• More Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

And what long term QB would it stop us from getting in the next year? We weren’t ever gonna draft a QB early this year and so I am not sure what the setback is. 

How do you know who they were going to draft....

Additionally how we could have gone for a younger free agent QB or Lamar

lets see..Lamar for 200 mil or AR 100 million...which makes more sense

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Of course I support it.   The guy if he has anything left is a tremedous talent.  Hated his press interview today.  Sounded a little too pissed at Green Bay and calling himself the greatest player the Packers ever had was over the top.  It's fine that he's got a big ego but that kind of narsasism on display just feels wrong.  Green Bays history is just too strong to discount everyone else.  The list of great Packer players is unreal. 

If he hasn't checked out and really embraces this we have a shot to be in the mix for the division, the playoffs and a playoff run.  

The other aspect is the Jets lack juice.  This gives the entire team juice and swagger.  We really don't have any identity.  Now we do.  

It's interesting, entertaining, hopeful.   It could absolutely blow up and end badly.   If we don't give up a ton in draft capital and we don't get saddled with a lot of dead cap if he retires in a year or two, it's a very good risk/reward scenario.  

To the contrary, I love this sort of thing.

Rodgers being uber motivated to have a f*ck you season is exactly what we want.

The greats are narcissists' 90% of the time.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, sciond said:

How do you know who they were going to draft....

Additionally how we could have gone for a younger free agent QB or Lamar

lets see..Lamar for 200 mil or AR 100 million...which makes more sense

AR for 100 for 2 years and it’s not even close and we were never drafting a QB in the first round. We were always signing a vet QB. 

I’m ecstatic! How could you not love this? We’re instantly contenders the moment Rodgers becomes a Jet.

It’s amazing to see how quickly Woody Johnson was able to fix the QB situation here once he decided to take control of it.

Thank you Woody Johnson.! Thank you! We’re lucky to have you.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

AR for 100 for 2 years and it’s not even close and we were never drafting a QB in the first round. We were always signing a vet QB. 

More than one thing can be true

What are they gonna do in 2 years?

Once sgain how do you know what JD was going to do?

2 minutes ago, sciond said:

More than one thing can be true

What are they gonna do in 2 years?

Once sgain how do you know what JD was going to do?

No freakin way we were ever drafting a QB in the first round. Not gonna argue with ignorance. 

20 minutes ago, JETS SB said:

The setback is 2 years of one and done in the playoffs possibly then 3-4 years of another rebuild.

wash.rinse.repeat.

God, I hate this team.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, chirorob said:

If he had been league average last year, with an ability to further improve, this team is massively different.  An average QB wins at least 3 more games last year, makes the playoffs, and this team is primed for a serious run.

Or, Zach could be the worst QB in the league.

I disagree.