NY Jets trade Elijah Moore to the Cleveland Browns: MERGED

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

High 2nd round pick that the front office declared was an utter steal and a 3rd rounder for 2nd rounder.

Was he whiny last year yes, but I sure as hell do not think Hardman and Cobb and are upgrade over this guys potential. 

Oh well, out with the old in with the new old

They could draft a WR early and/or sign OBJ.

Hardman is a Berrios replacement, and Cobb is more of a mentor (#WR 5/6) at this point.

14 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i hate it like most others do....this was a player that could have been unlocked with a decent QB. only thing i can think of is they really didnt think he fit the culture + going into year 3 of a 4 year deal. hate it.

What makes you think that - the fact he wanted out and cried like a baby during a winning streak or the fact he dogged routes occasionally? Clearly not a team player and the kind of player that can hurt the culture you're trying so hard to build. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Send this 2 to GB and it becomes...
Moore and our 3rd for AR12.

Not bad at all.

Don't forget the speedy WR we just signed.  If you treat that as a fairly even trade off for Moore with a few extra bucks thrown in then it becomes our #3 and a few bucks for AR.  Getting better!  Regarding Moore whining about your touches after a huge road win and publicly berating your OC is grounds for termination.  

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

High 2nd round pick that the front office declared was an utter steal and a 3rd rounder for 2nd rounder.

Was he whiny last year yes, but I sure as hell do not think Hardman and Cobb and are upgrade over this guys potential. 

Oh well, out with the old in with the new old

Oh you're complaining, what a shocking development. Must be done yelling at the kids to get off your lawn 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Maybe the Jets are giving up pick 13 and wanted to have two second rounders? I can’t imagine that pick 13 is included in this deal with Rodgers but you never know.

My guess is they are trading the 2 second rounders rather than the 13th pick

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The guy was bad last year, bad attitude and bad routes. He was going to be the #4 option this year and it wouldn't have sat for with him again. So the Jets get rid of a potential distraction coming off a terrible year for an early 3rd rd pick. 

Moore is a better player than an injured Hardman for sure but the production of that position is tied to the qb quality and the play calling. They weren't going to feed Moore so it doesn't matter. 

If I'm Elijah Moores agent getting targets from Watson is an upgrade over almost anyone, Aaron Rodgers included. 

• More Ugh 1

i think both 2nd rds are going to GB. why do this now? 

or were trading that #1 to GB and then trade the two 2s to get back into the 1st rd.

i dont believe in coincidences. JD could have gave GB the 2nd we already have to trade for Rodgers, he didnt have to wait for this trade to get another one. this trade could have been done at any time.

i cant imagine JD telling GB, ........ listen i would love to give you a 2nd rd pick for Rodgers but i got to make sure i got one for myself. so lets wait while i check around the league to see if i can get one back or we have no deal. 

and i would think he would want to keep Moore. he could be really good with a real QB. something up. 

• Ugh 1

Just now, doitny said:

i think both 2nd rds are going to GB. why do this now? 

or were trading that #1 to GB and then trade the two 2s to get back into the 1st rd.

i dont believe in coincidences. JD could have gave GB the 2nd we already have to trade for Rodgers, he didnt have to wait for this trade to get another one. this trade could have been done at any time.

i cant imagine JD telling GB, ........ listen i would love to give you a 2nd rd pick for Rodgers but i got to make sure i got one for myself. so lets wait while i check around the league to see if i can get one back or we have no deal. 

and i would think he would want to keep Moore. he could be really good with a real QB. something up. 

Nah, not both 2nd round picks. I think the 2nd we got from the Browns will go to GB + Corey Davis + conditional pick next year.

• Upvote 2

NY Jets to every old and broken down WR in the league.

"Keep, ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"[

• More Ugh 2
  • Haha 1